Naughty Dog won't be discussing any future game or TV show at the TLOU Day (Outbreak Day) tomorrow (Sept 26.)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I trust in what they are making. Online or Offline.

But damn I wish we knew more about what they are doing, how many studios they have and have those studios been working on anything else since TLOU2 not called Factions 2.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's been like 5 years & the only thing they've ever shown is concept art 🤣
I would be surprised if they cancel it.
They are just taking there time to release another hit. I dont think they have released a bad game before. Jak N Daxter, U1-4, TLOU1&2, multiplayer modes always been a fun extra.

The anti PS and ND haters will be all over this to be a dud. Because if its anything like GTA/Destiny/Division gamestyle wise ( Story driven, online coop game ) with Naughty Dog Quality, its gonna be awesome

Im just hoping ND had another studio making something else too

24 Jun 2022
ND are definitely giving me late '00s/early 2010s Polyphony vibes. Known excellence, but pipeline bloat and feature creep possibly going beyond what even they can reasonably manage, hence delays and some odd choices here and there.

Well, Polyphony eventually got out of that rut somewhat by end of PS3 gen and are back at top form with GT7 (though still sadly nothing with Omega Boost. That game was so awesome). Hopefully Naughty Dog are just being super-super quiet but everything's organized and cooking well BTS, not just with TLOU and Uncharted but new IP too.

If they are or were in any sort of rut, hopefully they're over it now.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
ND are definitely giving me late '00s/early 2010s Polyphony vibes. Known excellence, but pipeline bloat and feature creep possibly going beyond what even they can reasonably manage, hence delays and some odd choices here and there.

Well, Polyphony eventually got out of that rut somewhat by end of PS3 gen and are back at top form with GT7 (though still sadly nothing with Omega Boost. That game was so awesome). Hopefully Naughty Dog are just being super-super quiet but everything's organized and cooking well BTS, not just with TLOU and Uncharted but new IP too.

If they are or were in any sort of rut, hopefully they're over it now.
They not in a rut, it's Ryan and upper management coming with their gaas bs and including Bungie in the decisions as if they were the know it all gaas devs. ND would have been released something sublime if it was up to them.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They not in a rut, it's Ryan and upper management coming with their gaas bs and including Bungie in the decisions as if they were the know it all gaas devs. ND would have been released something sublime if it was up to them.
what we won't do is blame Ryan and Hulst for Naughty Dog's mismanagement. This has been going on for over a decade. They just had more senior talent back then to squeeze through the cracks.

They should have never decided to make a GaaS game when they had no multiplayer department, since everyone had departed after Lost Legacy.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I dont think ND was forced to do a Online game/Gaas game. Plus Sony have made plenty of online games before.
ND have alot of freedom and they wanted to make a bigger Factions game. Maybe they saw how much money GTA 5 was making and thought TLOU universe would be a great setting for a game like that.

What I do wish is, if PS are taking all this time to make big games. How about still investing and making those smaller 1st party games. PS3 and early PS4 had a good few small titles. And many before that. They should keep doing those on the side, not just get exclusive indies

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I dont think ND was forced to do a Online game/Gaas game. Plus Sony have made plenty of online games before.
ND have alot of freedom and they wanted to make a bigger Factions game. Maybe they saw how much money GTA 5 was making and thought TLOU universe would be a great setting for a game like that.

What I do wish is, if PS are taking all this time to make big games. How about still investing and making those smaller 1st party games. PS3 and early PS4 had a good few small titles. And many before that. They should keep doing those on the side, not just get exclusive indies
Oh they were told to do gaas without a measure of doubt, it's all Ryan's plan. And thts the problem these devs aren't having as much freedom under Ryan as they use to and that will be a problem.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
what we won't do is blame Ryan and Hulst for Naughty Dog's mismanagement. This has been going on for over a decade. They just had more senior talent back then to squeeze through the cracks.

They should have never decided to make a GaaS game when they had no multiplayer department, since everyone had departed after Lost Legacy.
They’ve made multiplayer before. Maybe they just wanted to do something more after seeing what they can make. The same team that would of been making Factions for TLOU2, just carried on to make a bigger game. And Id trust them. They have always delivered for me.

TLOU and Uncharted 2/4 had Good multiplayer for what it was. And we all know how good they are at story driven games

I just want to know what the rest of the ND employees were doing before and after TLOU2

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Nah this is Ryan's vision through and through. It's bs not to hold management accountable but we shall see. They added factions to tlou and every other mp aspect just fine until.....

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
For the people who believed this wasn't delayed I have ocean from property in Idaho to sell you.