Naughty Dog won't be discussing any future game or TV show at the TLOU Day (Outbreak Day) tomorrow (Sept 26.)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oh they were told to do gaas without a measure of doubt, it's all Ryan's plan. And thts the problem these devs aren't having as much freedom under Ryan as they use to and that will be a problem.
ND has supposedly had freedom to make what they want for awhile now. It started off as Factions team carrying on instead of releasing with TLOU2. So doubt they were all forced to make something they didnt want to. This isnt EA to its studios lol

Reactions: Yurinka
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For the people who believed this wasn't delayed I have ocean from property in Idaho to sell you.
Everyone knows it was delayed, I haven't heard anyone here dispute that. The rumor of Ryan deferring to Bungie for the gaas component and reworking some things seems more and more valid.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They’ve made multiplayer before. Maybe they just wanted to do something more after seeing what they can make. The same team that would of been making Factions for TLOU2, just carried on to make a bigger game. And Id trust them. They have always delivered for me.

TLOU and Uncharted 2/4 had Good multiplayer for what it was. And we all know how good they are at story driven games

I just want to know what the rest of the ND employees were doing before and after TLOU2
I know they did. I spent an ungodly amount of time playing the Uncharted Multiplayers especially Uncharted 3's - To this day it's still the best first party multiplayer game... in my opinion.

But they lost basically all their multiplayer staff after Uncharted 4.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
ND has supposedly had freedom to make what they want for awhile now. It started off as Factions team carrying on. So doubt they were all forced to make something they didnt want to. This isnt EA to its studios lol
Bro we all know almost all Sony devs pre Ryan had this freedom lol it's what Xbox tried to pivot too with their talking points when they saw Sony devs speaking on this few years ago. Again Ryan has a plan we all know of and the Ryan/Bungie involvement rumor seems more true as the months go by. I'm going to digress with you especially based on rumors but it may be something we never truly find out.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Nah this is Ryan's vision through and through. It's bs not to hold management accountable but we shall see. They added factions to tlou and every other mp aspect just fine until.....
Because they had a multiplayer department prior to TLOU 2. They had an alpha build for Factions 2 up and running but Neil said they wanted to do something more ambitious.

Either way it's unfortunate what has happened as Factions was really my most anticipated Game this year

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
For the people who believed this wasn't delayed I have ocean from property in Idaho to sell you.
I'll take two!

Not Bad Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Bro we all know almost all Sony devs pre Ryan had this freedom lol it's what Xbox tried to pivot too with their talking points when they saw Sony devs speaking on this few years ago. Again Ryan has a plan we all know of and the Ryan/Bungie involvement rumor seems more true as the months go by. I'm going to digress with you especially based on rumors but it may be something we never truly find out.

Hopefully we get those cool studio tours and interviews when they sometimes talk about this stuff. Fingers crossed at least the main teams are working on what they want

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I know they did. I spent an ungodly amount of time playing the Uncharted Multiplayers especially Uncharted 3's - To this day it's still the best first party multiplayer game... in my opinion.

But they lost basically all their multiplayer staff after Uncharted 4.
They were awesome.
What happened to them after U4?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sad news, it was a good opportunity to show something more about Factions.

As I remember ND mentioned that Faction was delayed, that it needed more time and that they were working on it.

More likely cancelled at this point
You forgot to mention that Sony is going to bankrupt tomorrow and that Jim Ryan eats kids for breakfast.

Oh they were told to do gaas without a measure of doubt, it's all Ryan's plan. And thts the problem these devs aren't having as much freedom under Ryan as they use to and that will be a problem.
The PS Studios have creative freedom to make the games they want, and particularly ND after releasing their fastest selling and more awarded game ever.

ND were the ones who decided to branch out the MP mode of TLOU2 into a standalone game and make it bigger. And pretty likely that decision was made before Jim Ryan became CEO or asked to invest more in GaaS.

what we won't do is blame Ryan and Hulst for Naughty Dog's mismanagement. This has been going on for over a decade. They just had more senior talent back then to squeeze through the cracks.

They should have never decided to make a GaaS game when they had no multiplayer department, since everyone had departed after Lost Legacy.
ND had a delay, something that happens in every single game studio and isn't a sign of mismanagement.

It's totally false that they don't have a MP department: they made many games with MP, this one branched out from the TLOU2 MP they were building and according to Druckmann is their biggest project ever. So they not only have a team: pretty likely must be the largest team (not only MP) they ever had.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Of course not. Doesn't everyone know ND doesn't seem to make games anymore? They just milk The Last of Us like a cow.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What happened to them after U4?
Wokeness, which started to had the first hints in Uncharted 4. Other than that, they have been very productive since then. After it they released Lost Legacy and the following things:

Of course not. Doesn't everyone know ND doesn't seem to make games anymore? They just milk The Last of Us like a cow.
In the last 3 years they released:
  • TLOU2
  • Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5)
  • Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PC port, with Iron Galaxy)
  • TLOUP1 (PS5, codeveloped with Sony Visual Arts)
  • TLOUP1 (PC port, with Iron Galaxy)
  • Uncharted movie (with PS Productions)
  • TLOU tv show (with PS Productions)
  • Uncharted theme park ride (with whatever division handles it)
  • TLOU theme park ride (with whatever division handles it)
Plus they are/have been working on:
  • TLOU Online, their biggest project ever
  • Multiple games more including SP titles
  • TLOU tv show season 2 (with PS Productions)

I wouldn't call them lazy or would say they forgot to make game games.

Last edited: