Naughty Dog won't be discussing any future game or TV show at the TLOU Day (Outbreak Day) tomorrow (Sept 26.)

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Wokeness, which started to had the first hints in Uncharted 4.

In the last 3 years they released:
  • TLOU2
  • Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PS5)
  • Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection (PC port, with Iron Galaxy)
  • TLOUP1 (PS5, codeveloped with Sony Visual Arts)
  • TLOUP1 (PC port, with Iron Galaxy)
  • Uncharted movie (with PS Productions)
  • TLOU tv show (with PS Productions)
  • Uncharted theme park ride (with whatever division handles it)
  • TLOU theme park ride (with whatever division handles it)
Plus they are/have been working on:
  • TLOU Online, their biggest project ever
  • Multiple games more including SP titles
  • TLOU tv show season 2 (with PS Productions)

I wouldn't call them lazy or would say they forgot to make game games.
  • Sequel
  • Port
  • Port
  • Port of decade old game
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Wokeness, which started to had the first hints in Uncharted 4. Other than that, they have been very productive since then. After it they released Lost Legacy and the following things:

• TLOU2
  • TLOU tv show season 2 (with PS Productions

Reactions: MScarpa

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
  • Sequel
  • Port
  • Port
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming
  • Unrelated to gaming

And?

They released ton of stuff in that 3 years period, like their fastest selling and most awarded game ever. Plus in this period they also released two remasters, a remake, ported all three to PC, released the non-gaming stuff plus grew in manpower enough to work in multiple new big games at the same time (when a few years ago they did work only in one at the same time) including their biggest project ever.

It's childish, selfish and dumb to cry and whine about their output when it's bigger that it has ever been and when they are working in more games than ever before.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My point is the "ton of stuff" in that 3 year period is not new, nor exciting, bar the one successful game. It's the quality and originality I'm speaking to, not the quantity.
You may not like some TLOU2 stuff, but it isn't a bad or generic game.

You would still complain with another bad excuse if they would release a very unique new IP with a 99 Metacritic.

• haha

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
You may not like some TLOU2 stuff, but it isn't a bad or generic game.

You would still complain with another bad excuse if they would release a very unique new IP with a 99 Metacritic.
No I really wouldn't. I don't like TLOU2 (nor TLOU1 except for the ending) but an actual release regardless of my subjective preference is preferable to ports.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Wokeness, which started to had the first hints in Uncharted 4. Other than that, they have been very productive since then. After it they released Lost Legacy and the following things:

• TLOU2

This guy is seriously worse than all the Xbox fanboy trolls put together

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

• TLOU2

Well I was being a little sarcastic, but I kiiiinda think you also proved my only halfway serious point. :p

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Any way we can bring back Andy Gavin and Jason rubin? I miss the old Naughty Dog, when they would release 4 games a generation
Ye we want the team who bring Uncharted trilogy.

Honestly I couldn't give a fuss a about TLOU.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
.ND had a delay, something that happens in every single game studio and isn't a sign of mismanagement.

It's totally false that they don't have a MP department: they made many games with MP, this one branched out from the TLOU2 MP they were building and according to Druckmann is their biggest project ever. So they not only have a team: pretty likely must be the largest team (not only MP) they ever had.

So quick to rush in and damage control you distort my words to suit your propaganda. They HAD a good multiplayer team at one point. A good chunk of that multiplayer team left when they booted Amy Hennig... then Justin Richmond left the guy who spearheaded the first ever Uncharted Multiplayer as he was the co-directing Uncharted 4 with Amy.

Everyone loves to ignore the early 2014 exodus that happened at this studio when it had severe ramifications that is still felt to this day.

They had a skeleton team left for Uncharted 4 multiplayer. The multiplayer launched barebones and they didn't even get to finish the road map as they had no resources since everyone had to be moved over to The Lost Legacy and then TLOU 2.

They spent the next couple years trying to hire many developers for multiplayer only.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Any way we can bring back Andy Gavin and Jason rubin? I miss the old Naughty Dog, when they would release 4 games a generation

We can miss the old naughty dog and still be realistic lol. The days of 4 games per gen from them are long gone.

Something is clearly going on with them because they were actually efficient last gen... now it's just groundhogs day with them.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
And?

They released ton of stuff in that 3 years period, like their fastest selling and most awarded game ever. Plus in this period they also released two remasters, a remake, ported all three to PC, released the non-gaming stuff plus grew in manpower enough to work in multiple new big games at the same time (when a few years ago they did work only in one at the same time) including their biggest project ever.

It's childish, selfish and dumb to cry and whine about their output when it's bigger that it has ever been and when they are working in more games than ever before.
they also release a tabletop game and a cooking book. priorities

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It's still insane to think that TLOU part 2 took 2 years to sell 10 million units while games like Zelda TOTK, ER, and Hogwarts Legacy just needed a couple of days to sell that amount.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It's still insane to think that TLOU part 2 took 2 years to sell 10 million units while games like Zelda TOTK, ER, and Hogwarts Legacy just needed a couple of days to sell that amount.

Is it? Those are multiplatform games and better games overall. And no Sony Ip can touch Zelda, Mario and Mario Kart etc… (maybe Spider-Man 2 can) sales numbers in modern times. TLOU sales are impressive anyway.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Is it? Those are multiplatform games and better games overall. And no Sony Ip can touch Zelda, Mario and Mario Kart etc… (maybe Spider-Man 2 can) sales numbers in modern times. TLOU sales are impressive anyway.
Better games overall 😂 opinions and such. I forced myself to finish boring ass Zelda but gladly played through Tlou2 nonstop for days.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Let's discuss the fact it took the Zelda franchise over 30 years to finally have a game sell over 10+ million, if you wanna go down that road.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Gamernyc78