Neil Druckmann has "Concept" stored in his mind for The Last of us Part 3: 'There's Probably One More Chapter to This Story'. New Game is not TLOU.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I hope it's not SciFi

If it is I pray they avoid the boring ass realistic SciFi style Starfield went for

Fantasy alien SciFi would be interesting so long as they avoid overused ancient aliens artefact tropes and galaxy wide threats
overused? what did it Quality game with that? Mass Effect 2? Mass Effect 3?

overused is clearly not word for it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Yeah I'm with you. This genre hasn't been that saturated in awhile. It's time we get fresh blood.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

Halo, Resistance come to mind. And I haven't played it but I'm pretty sure this was the whole story of Starfield. Used lots in movies and books too

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Halo, Resistance come to mind. And I haven't played it but I'm pretty sure this was the whole story of Starfield. Used lots in movies and books too
Those ips are years old and not even relevant anymore. We need new blood. Starfield was mediocre, we talking about a quality take.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Those ips are years old and not even relevant anymore. We need new blood. Starfield was mediocre, we talking about a quality take.
I just don't like SciFi generally and I think that's one of the lamest tropes of SciFi

If they do SciFi I'd prefer something truly different like Dune or Star Wars rather than 22nd century Marines in space finding ancient alien artefacts

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I just don't like SciFi generally and I think that's one of the lamest tropes of SciFi

If they do SciFi I'd prefer something truly different like Dune or Star Wars rather than 22nd century Marines in space finding ancient alien artefacts
I get you and don't knock you. I'm a big scifi, horror fan so something in that vain would excite me but I get everyone doesn't feel that way. Hopefully they create something awesome we all like.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Resistance is not scifi. wtf.

to help you here, to understand, what scifi even means.

Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction, which typically deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, time travel.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Science fiction is a genre of speculative fiction, which typically deals with imaginative and futuristic concepts such as advanced science and technology, space exploration, time travel.

We are talking about the PlayStation Resistance IP here right? If so, it is absolutely a science fiction setting.

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sci-fi/space fantasy would be great. There’s definitely room for a single player game since the original Mass Effect trilogy. Hits were there… the odd Deus Ex, etc… a good Halo.

People want it and it doesn’t seem like Starfield has been it. There’s not much for fans of the genre outside of Destiny or Warframe. Star Ocean and the jrpg side ain’t pulling it off either aside from .. FF7, again. Cyberpunk has some overlap appeal here for me but I was thinking space fairing and intergalactic mostly.

Mass Effect accomplished a lot. And as someone who doesn’t really like ND games I’d probably be very interested in something new so these rumors are cool tbh.

(Star wars don’t count here - not sorry)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think that in ther next IP SSM or ND should mix sci-fi and fantasy to make some sort of Sony's own Star Wars x Cowboy Bebop (but not a rip off).

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

You're joking right? The alternate reality alien invasion game isnt SciFi now

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You're joking right? The alternate reality alien invasion game isnt SciFi now
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't know if you're just baiting or just a weird dude now
I mean I think most ppl know anything, I mean anything with Aliens involved is science fiction but you never know.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I mean I think most ppl know anything, I mean anything with Aliens involved is science fiction but you never know.
if is only parametre, them yeah, but then many games are sci-fi which no will or calls sci-fi games.
it is like have one pistolet in game or musket would be called a shooter, like NioH, or Rise of Ronin, Yakuza etc.. can we call it Shooters?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
if is only parametre, them yeah, but then many games are sci-fi which no will or calls sci-fi games.
it is like have one pistolet in game or musket would be called a shooter, like NioH, or Rise of Ronin, Yakuza etc.. can we call it Shooters?
Idk Universally anything with Aliens is automatically scifi. That movie cowboys versus aliens is a cowboy movie but labeled as scifi for example. Resistance with Aliens and futuristic weapons is irrefutably scifi. In part 3 he literally goes on an alien ship lol

Reactions: Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Idk Universally anything with Aliens is automatically scifi. That movie cowboys versus aliens is a cowboy movie but labeled as scifi for example. Resistance with Aliens and futuristic weapons is irrefutably scifi. In part 3 he literally goes on an alien ship lol
okey, understand. but still, for, me, predominant facts that there should be more than one, especially, it should come from humans not aliens.. as NioH, Yakuza etc are shooters then.
but ok, Resistance is scifi :D