Netflix: Resident Evil Seems like it could be Good

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I will try to watch today.
But seems like it is the best adaptation for Resident Evil games so far.

GameSpot loved it.

RT has a 52% positive rating (take in mind that is the % of critic that are positive… most Netflix stuff falls into 30%).

There are 8 episodes.

Edit - The Gamespot review.

• fire
Reactions: EDMIX
18 Jul 2022
triple-h-disgusted.gif

EDMIX

I will try to watch today.
But seems like it is the best adaptation for Resident Evil games so far.

GameSpot loved it.

RT has a 52% positive rating (take in mind that is the % of critic that are positive… most Netflix stuff falls into 30%).

There are 8 episodes.

Edit - The Gamespot review.

I finished it a while ago.

Best adaption of the IP thus far. Hype for season 2.

• fire
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I finished it a while ago.

Best adaption of the IP thus far. Hype for season 2.
Could not watch… I have to put my kids on bed first because I don’t like they watching these type of movies/series at their age with me and after I was too tired from work that I just sleep :D

Maybe next week I hope… it is on my list.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
It's shite 😁, not even Resident Evil.

I honestly believe GameSpot and IGN were paid off for their reviews.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
The writing is awful, and the acting really wooden.

It also feels like a teen drama for large chunks. They shouldn't have even bothered with the Resident Evil license.

I'm seeing all these stories about Netflix losing subscribers, and I'm starting to wonder if I should end mine.

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022
I've watched the first 3 episodes now, what the hell am I watching? 😂 It's jumps around time periods like nobodys business, I don't get why they feel the need to do this in an episodic format. Just stick to 1 time period for the whole episode, then go back to the past or future or what ever the next episode. That way I'm not constantly trying to think where or when a scene is set. Most of the Zombie stuff happens in the future timeline, which is disappointing, as that seems the least interesting part of the story for me. Does it get better?

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

EDMIX

The writing is awful, and the acting really wooden.
yea so.....so Resident Evil in a nut shell? lol
not even Resident Evil.

Umbrella conspiracy
Reporter looking to expose them
Outbreak and lots killed
lots of giant monsters
crazy double crosses

....its core very core RE.

After finishing it up, I see why IGN and Gamespot had favorable reviews, its imho the best adaption of the IP to live action and adds tons of the RE concept, tropes, ideas and plots in it.

Does it get better?

Keep watching. You find out why its done in that format and I personally like that it was told out of order so you start to see what happened and why did this turn into that etc. I don't wish to spoil it, but I like the out of order format so you see how characters change and when they show you the past, you'll be able to watch seeing what may have changed them.

Reactions: ethomaz

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
yea so.....so Resident Evil in a nut shell? lol

Umbrella conspiracy
Reporter looking to expose them
Outbreak and lots killed
lots of giant monsters
crazy double crosses

....its core very core RE.

After finishing it up, I see why IGN and Gamespot had favorable reviews, its imho the best adaption of the IP to live action and adds tons of the RE concept, tropes, ideas and plots in it.

Keep watching. You find out why its done in that format and I personally like that it was told out of order so you start to see what happened and why did this turn into that etc. I don't wish to spoil it, but I like the out of order format so you see how characters change and when they show you the past, you'll be able to watch seeing what may have changed them.
Terrible writing and acting is a bit different in a game, versus a TV show lol.

They changed Weskar's character entirely too.

And all the teen drama nonsense definitely isn't Resident Evil.

Awful show, not surprised it's on 26% on Rotten Tomatoes. Doubt there'll be a season two after the reception it's got (I watched the whole thing in spite of myself). Netflix dropped the ball big time here.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wife is doing like a tea party with others mom and childrens 😍

Time to stay here alone at bedroom and watch some RE episodes 🔥

I will post my impressions late as a fan since the first RE for PS1.

Reactions: Sircaw and EDMIX
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Terrible writing and acting is a bit different in a game, versus a TV show lol.

They changed Weskar's character entirely too.

And all the teen drama nonsense definitely isn't Resident Evil.

Awful show, not surprised it's on 26% on Rotten Tomatoes. Doubt there'll be a season two after the reception it's got (I watched the whole thing in spite of myself). Netflix dropped the ball big time here.
After watching two episodes I think you misunderstood everything.

He is not the Wesker because the events of the serie happens after he died.
Is he an impostor? I don’t know yet but I hope the series explain it plus his characters is very good (the father side that goes no scruples to defense his childs… the scene in school at director room pretty much tells his character).
But it is clear he is not the Wesker that died in RE5 plus the New Raccoon City is a try to Umbrella redo the experiments in Racoom City… it happens in another place (Afrika?) years after what happened in RE series.

Remember RE5 happens in 2009… we are talking about a serie that the actual date is 2036.

PS. I totally understand people not into the RE story to mistook the Albert Wesker from the serie with the Albert Wesker from the game in early 200x.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • brain
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
First two episodes watched.

It is very much Resident Evil… but for my surprise it is a sequel to the story and not a re teller.

The first episode already set the timeline… years after of the events of RE1-RE6 but I could not point where RE7-8 enters in the timeline yet (it is happening at the same time? Or after? Before?).

I’m liking it for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I forget to say.

The mix of actual events and past events is a story telling resource that I love and the serie did a great job using it.

It makes the story never get stale and boring with mini breaks that keep the attention always at best level.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
After watching two episodes I think you misunderstood everything.

He is not the Wesker because the events of the serie happens after he died.
Is he an impostor? I don’t know yet but I hope the series explain it plus his characters is very good (the father side that goes no scruples to defense his childs… the scene in school at director room pretty much tells his character).
But it is clear he is not the Wesker that died in RE5 plus the New Raccoon City is a try to Umbrella redo the experiments in Racoom City… it happens in another place (Afrika?) years after what happened in RE series.

Remember RE5 happens in 2009… we are talking about a serie that the actual date is 2036.

PS. I totally understand people not into the RE story to mistook the Albert Wesker from the serie with the Albert Wesker from the game in early 200x.
Wait WTF? The writers/producers have have said it's Wesker resurrected/clone, they just didn't explain how in the show they have different personalities/characteristics.

Regardless there are whole host of things in the show that are much bigger - including the fact that Lance Reddick is the only decent actor in the show. The actresses who play older Billie and Jade are extremely wooden, and the whole character of Evenlyn is frankly embarrassing. To be fair to the actors on the show, they thrown under the bus in terms of the script.

I watched the finale yesterday and it was complete nonsense, it didn't even make sense because they couldn't be bothered to make the effort to create a coherent ending.

Last edited:

EDMIX

? smh.

"Is he an impostor? I don’t know yet but I hope the series explain it"

You just fucking read he saw 2 episodes, so why would you spoil the plot like that? I understand disliking the show, but shit man stop going out of the way to spoil it for other users.

Soooooooo do you not know that's revealed later on?

Last edited: