OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
His range really helped as I thought it was cool he acted as all those people lol

I like how the concept of RE is deep in this series.

From the reporter looking to expose Umbrella

Classic outbreak (very similar to 28 Days later too)

To the crazy monsters from huge Warms, Spiders, Lickers and the ending alligator and Tyrant.

To the puzzles like with the piano, to the breaking into the lab and hacking with all the tech used or even hiding Wesker's secret lab.

To the weird cult with the chainsaw guy ala RE4/RE8

To the classic backstab lol

So I like that it takes a great deal of tropes, concepts, iconography and plots from those titles and adds them to this world. I'm hype to see what they do with season 2.
Yeap it was so cool to have a RE series/movie being Resident Evil after all.
Everything is there... plus the plot and character development was really great.

There are some parts that took my atention for future flashbacks like the head of Unbrella could become a doll in the hands of the little crazy sister?

Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

Yeap it was so cool to have a RE series/movie being Resident Evil after all.
Everything is there... plus the plot and character development was really great.

There are some parts that took my atention for future flashbacks like the head of Unbrella could become a doll in the hands of the little crazy sister?

I loved that twist as its very classic RE. The reveal of another bad guy, or some twist of someone controlling someone else lol, I didn't know if they were going to do like the whole RE5 thing with evil Jill or something or some implant in her brain or something, but I assumed maybe they'd go that route

Reactions: ethomaz

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
I've watched the first 3 episodes now, what the hell am I watching? 😂 It's jumps around time periods like nobodys business, I don't get why they feel the need to do this in an episodic format. Just stick to 1 time period for the whole episode, then go back to the past or future or what ever the next episode. That way I'm not constantly trying to think where or when a scene is set. Most of the Zombie stuff happens in the future timeline, which is disappointing, as that seems the least interesting part of the story for me. Does it get better?
The craziest thing about this is that with consistent story telling and good editing you can tell multiple stories at once. Ever seen The Affair? It tells the same story in each episode from the perspective of the other person to see how they interpreted it. Was a wild ride and I loved every second of it

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The craziest thing about this is that with consistent story telling and good editing you can tell multiple stories at once. Ever seen The Affair? It tells the same story in each episode from the perspective of the other person to see how they interpreted it. Was a wild ride and I loved every second of it
I do like that format too… sometimes a story get boring but with that mix it always interesting.

There is a movie called Memento I guess that does that amazing well… ohhhh and there is two versions of the movie one in that format and another in a more sequential way.

Ohhhh it is the movie people used to make the Uncle Phil gif “don’t believe in his lies”.

D

Deleted member 140

I'm interested in watching it after seeing the trailers, I like the characters and the vibe, but how scary is this? I don't mind some tense atmosphere and a jump scare here and there, but don't deal well with really psycho-horror content and disturbingly explicit violence.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm interested in watching it after seeing the trailers, I like the characters and the vibe, but how scary is this? I don't mind some tense atmosphere and a jump scare here and there, but don't deal well with really psycho-horror content and disturbingly explicit violence.
I didn’t found it scare at all.