New Batman Game Might Be PlayStation Exclusive, Leaker Hints.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Welp I hope you don't eat your own words afterwards.

WBD needs all the revenue they can get and taking an exclusivity deal which would probably be cheap as fuck by the time the game releases isn't going to do them or the studio any good so I don't see it happening. And even if it does, doesn't matter because I always own both Xbox and PlayStation consoles so im not losing out on being able to play any game.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
UsAzkVG.png

IDEdT16.png

q32FwET.png

hdDA61r.png

Lol
I'll buy an extra copy for everyone of these crybabies.

• fire
Reactions: Puff

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

UsAzkVG.png

IDEdT16.png

q32FwET.png

hdDA61r.png
when i hear word gatekeep. i am obviously want even more gatekeeping ! :)

let them sythe!

• haha

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
At least 3 conditions need to be met for this to happen ( and I don't it will happen):
1) WB sees high risk in funding Rocksteady's next game and would like someone else take the risk while sacrificing potential revenue.
2) the game will release day and date on Steam. Only Xbox will be skipped ( not much is lost)
3) Sony realizes that their first party is lagging behind and they desperately need to fill AAA releases in between. Hence, a huge $$$$$ deal makes sense to them specially with an IP that highly likely gonna sell 10 + million on PS5 alone which will return their investment.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Hope it happens, they've always been super close with RockSteady. At least RockSteady would get access to X-Dev

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
It would be even more hilarious if sony was making the batman game. Have naughty dog or suckered punch make it. People will go mad.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Lol the internets reaction to exclusives these days is so childish.
Just Xbox/PC-Trolls, who care only about the games they can't have.

Or in fact, they can! They just need to buy a PS5, where most good games release on anyway.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Now's the time for Sony to strike and for devs to bleed MS dry wherever possible. Xbox has never been weaker and more unable to support organic releases. Even if WB doesn't do a deal with Sony, Xbox will have to pay just to get the game released on their platform, and if they can't, because papa Microsoft is keeping the war chest under lock and key, well, then their position continues to weaken.

We PlayStation players still get Batman either way, and Xbox is weaker than it was yesterday.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Now's the time for Sony to strike and for devs to bleed MS dry wherever possible. Xbox has never been weaker and more unable to support organic releases. Even if WB doesn't do a deal with Sony, Xbox will have to pay just to get the game released on their platform, and if they can't, because papa Microsoft is keeping the war chest under lock and key, well, then their position continues to weaken.

We PlayStation players still get Batman either way, and Xbox is weaker than it was yesterday.
Having Games like BG3 and Wukong delayed, was already a major deathblow!
Helldivers 2 not coming to Xbox.
Port-begging for FF having no effect.
Asian-Developers not giving a damn about them anymore.

I am almost surprised at this point, how rapid the downfall of Xbox is proceeding, right now!

They even started to shove hideous ads into their dashboards, and most likely also their games/gamepass soon!

Xbox is basically the worst platform to play games on, as of today!

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I would love for RockSteady to make another Batman game. While Arkham Knight was not as good as Arkham City, it was still a good game and the Batmobile was fun to drive around.

If not RS, WB Montreal would also be fine.

I don’t believe anything from this green rat though.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't believe this, basically because Suicide Squad highly hurt the IP and basically destroyed the team, who lost a good chunk of key people since the Arkham days. And I don't think that the ones who left were the ones who made the huge mistakes of Suicide Squad.

Is it possible to make a great Batman game? Yes. But to do so they'd need talented people who would bet on a ningle player, non-GaaS game. And real fans or well informed people, who put love in the game. And obviously, the woke stuff should completely stay away from it. They must go back to classic Batman and stay true to it.

Their focus must be to make an awesome videogame and and awesome adaptation. Not to fill DEI checklists.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark

UsAzkVG.png

IDEdT16.png

q32FwET.png

hdDA61r.png
Interesting... I guess we'll soon see if this true or not! 👀