Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jojo Siwa Challenge GIF by Reality Club FOX

Who's gonna carry the boats?!

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
The top comment on that reddit thread, “Socom reboot for PS5/PC would be massive”. Everything Sony does now has PC attached, they’re really the new Xbox 😬
The PC part of the gaming world comes off like some neglected stepchild dying for attention. Everything regarding PlayStation or Xbox comes with a shitton of PC dudes trying to inject themselves into the conversation while holding a spotlight on themselves lol. Mind you, my preferred platforms are PC and PlayStation.

On topic: Man, I can't get my hopes up. Also, if it were true, would the game just be SOCOM in name? I don't know of any studios owned by PlayStation that I'd trust to understand why people loved SOCOM.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
SOCOM, PS Home & PS Allstars are 3 live service games Sony shouldve greenlighted back in 2020 not Twisted Metal or a new ip from London Studios both that would’ve likely failed considering it was looking like both of those games was looking to release in 2026

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Maybe thats what the former deviation games guys are working on? Or maybe it’s a tv show? Or maybe it’s a ps2 game ps plus premium game?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
The top comment on that reddit thread, “Socom reboot for PS5/PC would be massive”. Everything Sony does now has PC attached, they’re really the new Xbox 😬
Yuh Sony fucked up releasing games on PC especially since they have 2 direct competitors (PC/Steam & Nintendo) that are doubling down & will never drop there wall garden or port games to any other platform/storefront. I question what was there short term thinking short term profits? Did they not look at the long term decay of your platform/storefront & identity? Maybe PS think it has a stranglehold on its players if so that would be concerning because w PS dropping 1-2 major first party PS studio game every year w the occasional multiple dry years they’ve certainly not have a chokehold on its players & they will easily migrate to whichever platform/storefront holds the most games & can save money. Arguably Steam & Nintendo has a much stranglehold on its fanbase & a stronger stranglehold position in gaming.

But yeah every announcement or leak or potential future game is now mixed w the possibility of it releasing day n date on PC or the port timespan further decreasing

Many people are talking how PS can bring these games to PC so they no longer have to buy a PS console & can just mod the game to have infinite content

Here’s some link & you can clearly see the conversation surrounding PS its even bleeding into the PS community asking for the game to be ported so they can play it on PC no longer needing to buy a PS console because you can just endlessly mod new content. PS put themselves in the same position as Xbox I fully expect the PS6 to have heavy migration of PS gamers going to PC & for the PS6 to sell less then PS5 & PS4. PS put themselves in a awkward space & I hope Xbox next console is a PC hybrid that allows you use Steam, Epic, GOG & any other PC store this move will make Xbox more hardware driven then PS themselves since Xbox hardware would be similar to a PC & be open enough to play whatever game is on PC or Xbox that includes PS games all in 1 box. Xbox is looking like there creating a PC on the go handheld hybrid while the PS6 is a hybrid handheld console that can only play PS time exclusive first party & miss out on many PC exclusive games + some mobile games that releases on PC & Mobile + Steam owns exclusive games all that will never go on PS or go to PS after years if that

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and Airbus

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Maybe thats what the former deviation games guys are working on? Or maybe it’s a tv show? Or maybe it’s a ps2 game ps plus premium game?
Deviation guy is a good mention he is working at Sony on an undisclosed project & studio. He’s also worked on COD both multiplayer & zombies from what I remember. A new SOCOM w a singleplayer, multiplayer live service & zombies or hard mode would be awesome ngl especially in 3rd person

Thoe it’s likely this ip is dead to Sony incompetence

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
The PC part of the gaming world comes off like some neglected stepchild dying for attention. Everything regarding PlayStation or Xbox comes with a shitton of PC dudes trying to inject themselves into the conversation while holding a spotlight on themselves lol. Mind you, my preferred platforms are PC and PlayStation.

Yeah, but Sony invited this type of conversation not even just with the PC ports themselves, but the ferocity in which they've been doing the ports, both in timing and total number, within just the past couple of years.

So now they've created the expectation among some PC gamers that Steam versions of all PS games is in inevitability, and all 1P GAAS titles are going to be Day 1. Hence why the conversation is being framed this way. They're only "injecting" themselves into the conversation because SIE's PC strategy has laid out the red carpet for them to do so.

You all should have read the whole thread. The guy who listed Socom 111 died two years ago, he's talking about an old game.

RIP to the deceased :(

But either the game's been in silent secret dev for 2 years, or it was quietly canned a long time ago.

Either has an equal chance of being true; considering the new Twisted Metal was canned and that was a legacy IP being brought back as a GAAS, chances are higher this SOCOM game was also cancelled.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yeah, but Sony invited this type of conversation not even just with the PC ports themselves, but the ferocity in which they've been doing the ports, both in timing and total number, within just the past couple of years.

So now they've created the expectation among some PC gamers that Steam versions of all PS games is in inevitability, and all 1P GAAS titles are going to be Day 1. Hence why the conversation is being framed this way. They're only "injecting" themselves into the conversation because SIE's PC strategy has laid out the red carpet for them to do so.

RIP to the deceased :(

But either the game's been in silent secret dev for 2 years, or it was quietly canned a long time ago.

Either has an equal chance of being true; considering the new Twisted Metal was canned and that was a legacy IP being brought back as a GAAS, chances are higher this SOCOM game was also cancelled.
I think it was one of the spin-offs, actually.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think this IP doesn't deserve to be ressurrected specially after all the shooters Sony has and is working on.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
SOCOM, PS Home & PS Allstars are 3 live service games Sony shouldve greenlighted back in 2020 not Twisted Metal or a new ip from London Studios both that would’ve likely failed considering it was looking like both of those games was looking to release in 2026
100%
A mod car racers with a PS allstars twist would be cool too