New Spider-Man Update on PC Added Option to Connect to PSN

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like the natural next step before cross-save, trophies, PSN Store for PC, etc.

M6hOxEk.png

Release Notes
  • Added support for Intel XeSS upscaling technology.
  • Updated AMD FSR to version 2.1.1.
  • Made changes to address performance degradation when raytracing is enabled.
  • Changed VRAM budgets to allow for more video memory usage.
  • Added Connect to PSN option in the menu.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the screen to turn black when switching to DLAA after DLSS had been set to Ultra Performance mode.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections at low render resolutions when screen space reflections are also enabled.
  • Reduced flicker in ray-traced reflections when DLSS or DLAA is enabled.
  • Fixed corruption in ray-traced reflections on Intel ARC GPUs.
  • Minor visual fixes for some cinematics in 32:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The Sony "preferring the PC as main development platform" theory is slowly starting to unravel.

Jesus please stop with you're nonesense Maybe do some background lookup on Sony as a hardware maker? They still prefer to make and design their own hardware for their software. And I'll remind you which PC game currently has instant loading.......

I'll wait.......

Sony was literally 4 years ahead of everyone when they started developing PS5 hardware. This is something talked about among developers. Almost all of them said it was going to take PC a while to catch up, and low and behold we just this year got DX12 Direct storage update that currently isn't being used by any Developers in their games to the extent of what Sony has for a hardware solution I/O pipeline wise.

Sony implemented theirs before PC CHIP companies were designing Chiplet which now has cache and in the future larger storage chips as it evolves.

PC is a platform Sony 100% wants to integrate with specifically with their hardware they make. Like PSVR2, like Dual Sense ect. Their developers still will work on Sony's custom API first since their box has a custom solution still not replicated for I/O throughout put in compressing/decompressing and streaming data.

D

Deleted member 13

Jesus please stop with you're nonesense Maybe do some background lookup on Sony as a hardware maker? They still prefer to make and design their own hardware for their software. And I'll remind you which PC game currently has instant loading.......

I'll wait.......
Dude, I was only kidding. Relax.

I know Sony isn't going to abandon their hardware. BUT I do feel they will support PC with their titles like they are doing with the PS.

Also, your last sentence is easy - use RAM to handle instant loading of levels.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

I'll wait.......

Sony was literally 4 years ahead of everyone when they started developing PS5 hardware. This is something talked about among developers. Almost all of them said it was going to take PC a while to catch up, and low and behold we just this year got DX12 Direct storage update that currently isn't being used by any Developers in their games to the extent of what Sony has for a hardware solution I/O pipeline wise.

Sony implemented theirs before PC CHIP companies were designing Chiplet which now has cache and in the future larger storage chips as it evolves.

PC is a platform Sony 100% wants to integrate with specifically with their hardware they make. Like PSVR2, like Dual Sense ect. Their developers still will work on Sony's custom API first since their box has a custom solution still not replicated for I/O throughout put in compressing/decompressing and streaming data.
Even if I were to accept your secret sauce premise, it doesn't matter because going forward, every PS5 game will be on PC anyway.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Dude, I was only kidding. Relax.

I know Sony isn't going to abandon their hardware. BUT I do feel they will support PC with their titles like they are doing with the PS.

Also, your last sentence is easy - use RAM to handle instant loading of levels.

It's not easy to just use ram that comes via a software instruction, hence Sony went around that by building a all hardware solution, that still no one has been able to replicate.

D

Deleted member 13

It's not easy to just use ram that comes via a software instruction, hence Sony went around that by building a all hardware solution, that still no one has been able to replicate.
Why not? These games are nowhere near as large that they require streaming levels (let alone geometry) through the SSD. I said it once before, Sony's SSD is way ahead of its time. These games still look like games from PS4 days.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why not? These games are nowhere near as large that they require streaming levels (let alone geometry) through the SSD. I said it once before, Sony's SSD is way ahead of its time. These games still look like games from PS4 days.

Again show me a game or developer currently using Direct Storage to load levels/assets into memory? Show me in a meaningful way similar to instant level loading in demon souls remake, instant world loading in miles morales from inside a different level.

D

Deleted member 13

Again show me a game or developer currently using Direct Storage to load levels/assets into memory? Show me in a meaningful way similar to instant level loading in demon souls remake, instant world loading in miles morales from inside a different level.
We both know that DirectStorage isn't available yet.

I'm sure that Miles will be fine with the PC port. It will play fine on my computer with no DirectStorage.

The UE5 demo that PCs are able to run don't need DirectStorage. Those demos are loading those assets in RAM and runs fine. I have a thread on testing that.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We both know that DirectStorage isn't available yet.

I'm sure that Miles will be fine with the PC port. It will play fine on my computer with no DirectStorage.

The UE5 demo that PCs are able to run don't need DirectStorage. Those demos are loading those assets in RAM and runs fine. I have a thread on testing that.

Thats a demo. And over time I assume they can retool things to scale in how Miles morales will work on PC. But when it came out literally 2 years ago, there was nothing on PC comparable to what it was doing in its engine.

Nothing in a game form. If you think this:

or this:

is smoke and mirrors, then please show me a developer making a game thats doing something similar not a demo from a raw engine.

• fire
Reactions: Umar
D

Deleted member 13

Thats a demo. And over time I assume they can retool things to scale in how Miles morales will work on PC. But when it came out literally 2 years ago, there was nothing on PC comparable to what it was doing in its engine.
Irrelevant now since all the 1st party devs are refactoring their code to compensate for the PC.

Nothing in a game form. If you think this:

or this:

is smoke and mirrors, then please show me a developer making a game thats doing something similar not a demo from a raw engine.
I'm not really concerned with fast loading though. I'm more interested in the graphics features in a game that directly influence how it will look. In this case, PC gamers will get the best versions of games from all platforms.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Irrelevant now since all the 1st party devs are refactoring their code to compensate for the PC.

I'm not really concerned with fast loading though. I'm more interested in the graphics features in a game that directly influence how it will look. In this case, PC gamers will get the best versions of games from all platforms.

It doesn't matter what you are concerned with. What matters is what I said, and what is fact in how Sony engineered the PS5 in a way that has been talked about at GDC's, and internally among developers as being more advanced than anything that was available on the market.

And my point still stands in terms of I/O throughout put. We just got direct storage instructions with Direct X 12. It's still software bound until there are hardware configs, or software that can emulate what Sony's custom design does.

D

Deleted member 13

It doesn't matter what you are concerned with. What matters is what I said, and what is fact in how Sony engineered the PS5 in a way that has been talked about at GDC's, and internally among developers as being more advanced than anything that was available on the market.
Sure. If we want to hail the awesome engineered SSD for the PS5, I'm all for it. But we should also hail the awesome GPUs that Nvidia brings to the table that is more advanced in rendering than any other GPU on the market including consoles.

And my point still stands in terms of I/O throughout put. We just got direct storage instructions with Direct X 12. It's still software bound until there are hardware configs, or software that can emulate what Sony's custom design does.
Fair enough even though it isn't helping ANY looks for games at the moment (which rely more on GPU power than SSD performance).

kaluas

3 Oct 2022
Sure. If we want to hail the awesome engineered SSD for the PS5, I'm all for it. But we should also hail the awesome GPUs that Nvidia brings to the table that is more advanced in rendering than any other GPU on the market including consoles.

Fair enough even though it isn't helping ANY looks for games at the moment (which rely more on GPU power than SSD performance).
Looks aren't everything and PC can't and shouldn't be compared to consoles, cause the second one is always on a stupidly tight budget, with heavily custom parts.

But if we talk stricktly about looks, we got to see Uncharted 4, Detroit: BH and God Of War run on a base PS4. Which is effin awesome if you ask me.