Nintendo Direct of Crap

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's bewildering to me that people can look at this showcase in 2023, and think in 2024 Nintendo is going to launch a console that plays Matrix Awakens at PS5 quality. The majority of games on this show could run just fine on PS2.

Also they're fucking terrible at production. If you're gonna have Shinya Takahashi MC the show, at least get the guy a haircut wtf.
They are gonna struggle a bit if they are gonna make current gen games

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I didnt mind the direct too much. They literally showed Mario Wonder recently, which is another new 1st party game.
The direct wasn’t amazing but for the console at the end of its cycle its decent boost. Im not expecting any other big titles on Switch. TOTK, Mario Wonder and Pikmin 4 are probably the last bigger games.

Remember when PS4 was at the end of the generation. Cant remember what year it was, 2019/2018 but they showed 4 games, GOT, TLOU2, Death Stranding and Spiderman? None of them new announcements

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
My soul aches every time a remake of Wind Waker is not announced.

I know, I’m part of the problem, but I’m not against remakes, I’m against remasters and lazy remakes. RE4 is my GOAT remake.
Literally the game Ive wanted for years on Switch. Pretty dumb every other Wii U game got ported

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The remake people want is the laziest of all, just a straight up port of the WiiU HD remaster. Just put it on Switch ffs.

It makes no sense why they dont port this and TP over. I mean they have to sort the Map/Wii U controller but thats it

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nintendo struggles to make PS3 era games GTFO
I know, I agreed.
People think its gonna be easy, but they forget Nintendo opted out of competing with PS and Xbox.
Plus all the ports and alot of Remasters from Gamecube, Wii, Wii U are mostly done.

But they made a fuck load of money making cheap games with the Switch, they have a generation to mess up again, thats the Nintendo way.
If its a Hybrid, they will be fine. If its a home console only, they will suffer big time

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Nintendo doesnt agree with you, or they would've based 99 on X. The shift to 3D (esp n64-era 3d) sucked out everything distinctive about the original.

Nobody agrees with me that doesn't make them right

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
and you're laughably wrong about wipeout

sUNLOSW.png

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
FZERO GX blows Wipeout the fuck out of the water. I enjoy wipeout hd collection but it’s not even friggin close. The SNES ports are worthless tho… yikes

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Fucking Nintendo and their regurgitation of games.

I just paid 125 pounds for Paper Mario on Gamecube a month ago to add to my collection.

Watch the price go down with this remake.

SNES racers suck ass

Base it off the 64 game what are we doing here
F-Zero on SNES is a great game.
Nobody has nostalgia for the 64 version, and it opens up unfortunate comparisons to Wipeoout.
F-Zero X was the best F-Zero.

Wipeout is good, but not as good as F-Zero.
Nintendo doesnt agree with you, or they would've based 99 on X. The shift to 3D (esp n64-era 3d) sucked out everything distinctive about the original.
Nintendo's battle royale 99s are all 2d games because they're cheap and easy (like your mom).