Nintendo Financial Report - Switch passes PS4 (122.5m) Pokemon 20m, splatoon 3 10m, Bayonetta 3 1 million (Nintendo saved Platinum games)

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Would you let him take it on a school bus? What about a Steamdeck? These new "handhelds" are just too big for me to take with me in my daily life.

Naa, it stays around the house normally and is usually played in my car or when he sneaks it to bed.... (Obviously I don't agree with him playing before bed but he's very very sneaky) The rest of the time he is on PlayStation if he is gaming, that's his main platform atm.

I do see your point about how unwieldy they are.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I actually do not like that’s it’s a hybrid. The value of its portability is zero to me. In fact, having to buy a proper pad jumped the cost of it like 100$ to me too. For two games in the last 5 years…. It ran 500$ … for the cost of an actual next gen console built with modern standards in mind. That’s ridiculous and a total rip off.

Really wish they consider a home only sku to whatever handheld they’re making next. Sure keep it a hybrid but I’d love a home box that would be priced accordingly… like 100$

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I actually do not like that’s it’s a hybrid. The value of its portability is zero to me. In fact, having to buy a proper pad jumped the cost of it like 100$ to me too. For two games in the last 5 years…. It ran 500$ … for the cost of an actual next gen console built with modern standards in mind. That’s ridiculous and a total rip off.

Really wish they consider a home only sku to whatever handheld they’re making next. Sure keep it a hybrid but I’d love a home box that would be priced accordingly… like 100$
Solution: buy more games. Any console is going to be a rip if you only buy two games for it.

And you don't know what electronics cost if you think a Switch + controller only costs 100 dollars to make, ship and stock. You're basically asking to buy a controller and get the system for free.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think calling it a hybrid as a totally new category is smart and that is, indeed, what everyone's been doing for the past six years.

Agreed.
To me its a portable that I can plug into my TV Tech wise
My Switch is docked 99% of the time. Only once or twice for Fire Emblem 3H

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Without a gimmick like motion controls or something it would be hard for them to have a successful home console. They probably know that.

Doing a Hybrid was there best option and it payed off. No split between there studios making home console and portable games either.

I can see them doing a VR console way in the future