Nintendo [OT]: News, hype and rumors

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
also, great news that Perona 5 and SMT 5 can call switch home. No further need for woke playstation brand. We have both games, so who's begging now?

welcome home ATLUS. NINTENDO IS THE KING OF JRPG! and the home of Persona.

Sony is no longer needed. Hopefully they sell to Valve soon (all PlayStation games are on PC anyway).

PlayStation is going the way of the dodo unfortunately.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
also, great news that Perona 5 and SMT 5 can call switch home. No further need for woke playstation brand. We have both games, so who's begging now?

welcome home ATLUS. NINTENDO IS THE KING OF JRPG! and the home of Persona.

Sony is no longer needed. Hopefully they sell to Valve soon (all PlayStation games are on PC anyway).

PlayStation is going the way of the dodo unfortunately.

Chill dude lol.
Older Square games aren’t coming back. There not the same minds and creative talent.

Modern Square games like Final Fantasy and KH need better tech than the Switch. Id hate to see FF16 being made on the Switch. SMT looked dead and empty

Reactions: Umar

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Eh. I sold Digimon Cyber Sloots and got Bayonetta 1+2 instead. Need to beat 2 before 3 comes out

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Wave race 64 is coming to nso. I never got the chance to play it back in the day, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

ExpandKong

24 Jun 2022
Rumors that there will be a “Zelda blowout” Direct the week of September 12, with announcements of Switch ports of the Wii U HD games. Someone also mentioned metroid prime remaster but that’s been rumored to be at every Direct for the last five years.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Nintendo's back baby!

video games n64 GIF

Reactions: peter42O
P

peter42O

Purchased a Nintendo Switch OLED with four games (Captain Toad, Super Mario 3D World, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope) and the Pro controller. Looking forward to getting back into playing Switch as I had it from November 2017 to October 2019.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Purchased a Nintendo Switch OLED with four games (Captain Toad, Super Mario 3D World, Kirby and the Forgotten Land and Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope) and the Pro controller. Looking forward to getting back into playing Switch as I had it from November 2017 to October 2019.

Nice, congrats and I hope you get a load of play out of it.

How does the OLED feel quality wise? Big step up from the normal unit?

P

peter42O

Nice, congrats and I hope you get a load of play out of it.

How does the OLED feel quality wise? Big step up from the normal unit?

Don't know. It should arrive Friday. Will set it up and test it out but not playing anything until I get the Pro controller which should arrive between the 25th and 29th so I have a little time before I get it. The previous Switch I owned was the regular gray edition.

• thisistheway

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Don't know. It should arrive Friday. Will set it up and test it out but not playing anything until I get the Pro controller which should arrive between the 25th and 29th so I have a little time before I get it. The previous Switch I owned was the regular gray edition.

Would you let me know, cause if it is much better quality than the normal one then I will upgrade my son to the OLED (and might get to play some myself too...)?

Yeah, we have a lite and a Grey one with the blue and red sides....

P

peter42O

Would you let me know, cause if it is much better quality than the normal one then I will upgrade my son to the OLED (and might get to play some myself too...)?

Will do. I purchased the black OLED with the red and blue joycons. I will mainly play docked but I will check it out on Friday and get back to you this weekend.

• fire
P

peter42O

I received the Nintendo Switch OLED today. Played two hours on my LG CX OLED and must admit that the 1080P maximum resolution doesn't look all that crisp or clear. You can see the difference between it and XSX/PS5.

I'm currently (as in right now) playing Super Mario 3D World on the Switch OLED in handheld mode right now and the image quality looks better, crisper and clearer than on the LG OLED. It's probably because it's a small 7 inch or so screen and the OLED TV is 55 inches. But until I get my Pro controller in two weeks, this is how I will be playing. I do like the Switch and must admit that it's a sweet console. I love the Hybrid Console aspect as for Nintendo, I think it's perfect.

I would say that for $50 more than the base Switch, the OLED is worth it. Also, the docking station has an actual Ethernet Port so you can use a wired connection without a USB Adapter which I still have the Nintendo one back from when I owned a Wii in 2012. lol.

• fire

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I received the Nintendo Switch OLED today. Played two hours on my LG CX OLED and must admit that the 1080P maximum resolution doesn't look all that crisp or clear. You can see the difference between it and XSX/PS5.

I'm currently (as in right now) playing Super Mario 3D World on the Switch OLED in handheld mode right now and the image quality looks better, crisper and clearer than on the LG OLED. It's probably because it's a small 7 inch or so screen and the OLED TV is 55 inches. But until I get my Pro controller in two weeks, this is how I will be playing. I do like the Switch and must admit that it's a sweet console. I love the Hybrid Console aspect as for Nintendo, I think it's perfect.

I would say that for $50 more than the base Switch, the OLED is worth it. Also, the docking station has an actual Ethernet Port so you can use a wired connection without a USB Adapter which I still have the Nintendo one back from when I owned a Wii in 2012. lol.

Awesome, I think I will grab one for the kids birthday so...

Let me know if you come across any good games worth picking up!

Appreciate you getting back to me. :)

P

peter42O

Awesome, I think I will grab one for the kids birthday so...

Let me know if you come across any good games worth picking up!

Appreciate you getting back to me. :)

You're welcome.

I bought Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury which im currently playing. I also bought Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Played the beginning and not bad. I also have Captain Toad on the way and I also have Sparks of Hope but will play these later on.

• fire
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You're welcome.

I bought Super Mario 3D World / Bowser's Fury which im currently playing. I also bought Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Played the beginning and not bad. I also have Captain Toad on the way and I also have Sparks of Hope but will play these later on.

You have to play Mario Odyssey. Amazing game.

Reactions: peter42O

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
if baten kaitos is true i'll be hyped as hell. the first game and tales of symphonia were the best RPGs on gamecube.

Reactions: arvfab
P

peter42O

Well, that didn't last long. Switch OLED is sweet and I do like Nintendo's direction as it fits in perfectly with what they're great at but it's not for me. Just can't get into it. Watching walkthroughs on YouTube, I want to play the games but when im playing them, the interest just isn't there. No biggie. Will be trading it all in next Friday when I go pick up Dead Space.

• sad
Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab