Nintendo [OT]: News, hype and rumors

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I am not a Nintendo fan at all but i recognize 12 of those images in that picture above,

What about you guys and girls.

Reactions: AniWeeb

vdopey

12 Jul 2022
Nintendo was my console of choice growing up.

My favourite games (probably my favourites of all time) :
  • Zelda Ocarina of time - I loved that game lent it to a co-worker never got it back.
  • Golden Eye - the og console fps game multi player local split-screen absolutely destroyed my friends on it. My brother and I finished it in 00 mode.
  • Soul Caliber with Link I cant remember which version (I got it on gamecube) Link was devastating.
  • Mario Kart 64 - None of them have come close me, my friends, my sister used to play this so much - it was amazing.

Seriously some of the most fun I've had gaming locally with friends split - screen.

Was disappointed with wii - refused to buy it ended up buying it, got the wii-u got a few games ended up giving it away to a friend of a friend. Got the switch, I had some work done on my kitchen recently and I reckon one of the builders stole it - cant find it anywhere and pissed off about it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Was disappointed with wii - refused to buy it ended up buying it, got the wii-u got a few games ended up giving it away to a friend of a friend. Got the switch, I had some work done on my kitchen recently and I reckon one of the builders stole it - cant find it anywhere and pissed off about it.

Shit, I'm sorry to hear that.

My gf just basically took over the switch now, and I kinda regret not cracking the hell out of it so I can play emulated genesis and snes games (the virtual emulator is just not the same).

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
Very bad OT by the way no info at all just a small little pic lol you guys should wait for a actual Nintendo gamer to join here who knows Nintendo stuff to make it
Or hell let me do it cause i as sure hell can do a better job than this pathetic attempt

Reactions: Papacheeks

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I would love Nintendo to create another top down Pokemon game, even if it is a spin-off the main games. While Shining Pearl does have it's flaws, it has been a blast playing it, and there's some actual challenge once you reach the later stages of the game.

MY gf is now playing LA Noire on it. She didn't want to wait for us to order the PS version on disc, and the Nintendo Store one was cheaper. She seems to be enjoying it.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I would love Nintendo to create another top down Pokemon game, even if it is a spin-off the main games. While Shining Pearl does have it's flaws, it has been a blast playing it, and there's some actual challenge once you reach the later stages of the game.

MY gf is now playing LA Noire on it. She didn't want to wait for us to order the PS version on disc, and the Nintendo Store one was cheaper. She seems to be enjoying it.
La noire is pretty sweet. It's essentially la confidential the game.

Reactions: Darth Vader

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Just ordered Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete off ebay. I like the developer (and jrpgs) that's why i got it

Reactions: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just ordered Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete off ebay. I like the developer (and jrpgs) that's why i got it
What can you tell me about the game? Is it an RPG? I could perhaps check it out but would love to hear some opinions on it.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
What can you tell me about the game? Is it an RPG? I could perhaps check it out but would love to hear some opinions on it.
I don't know a lot about it, I just ordered it off ebay. But I will reply when I've played some of it.

It's a turn based jrpg, I think your character gets sucked into the "digital world" aka dark net and discover digital monsters. You raise them to battle sorta like Pokemon. They evolve and get stronger. The story seems a bit more interesting than Pokemon from what I've read though. A new digimon game (Survive) is out July 29 I think, that's a tactics game

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's a turn based jrpg, I think your character gets sucked into the "digital world" aka dark net and discover digital monsters. You raise them to battle sorta like Pokemon. They evolve and get stronger. The story seems a bit more interesting than Pokemon from what I've read though. A new digimon game (Survive) is out July 29 I think, that's a tactics game

Need to check that out. I remember watching Digimon on TV however I've never played any of the games.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I was a pretty big fan up until Iwata era Nintendo.

They totally lost me with the Wii and its follow ups and by quadrupling down on Mario spin offs and less and less stuff like FZEro and weak hardware that lost any legit third party support.

Now I just feel forced to pick up their terrible hardware just to play a Zelda or Metroid every 5-10 years.

Supplementary gaming for me now.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I will always love Nintendo. Sega was always my favourite but Nintnedo was my first love in gaming and Ive owned every main console and handheld.
I love the Wii U over the Wii lol

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
My usage of the switch goes through fasts and famines. I'll either have a game like Triangle Strategy where I end up playing nothing but my switch for a while, then go through periods where I barely play it at all. A decent chunk of the games I like are on the switch, but I just rather play them on my ps4 since they'll run better and trophy support. It doesn't help that I barely use the portability option for the switch.

vdopey

12 Jul 2022
I kinda regret not cracking the hell out of it
This is actually why I am a bit annoyed about it - it was one of the original ones and I hadn't connected it to the internet so it was ripe for cracking. The device doesn't cost that much tbh and I can go out and buy the oled version.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Mario Kart expansion wave 2 is coming next week. Was thinking of making a thread for it but ... dunno if its worth a separate thread?

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
anyone play Live A Live? Probably the best Square-Enix game i've played in 10+ years. No wonder it's from the 90's!

This game is seriously a GOTY contender.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I really can't get over the western story. this game especially reminds me of why I love S-E so much, and I'm praying Nintendo can acquire S-E as a whole.

S-E is really at their best with Nintendo. It would be devastating to see WOKE, ANTI-JAPANESE Sony walk away with them, precisely because Sony is so inept they can't produce anything JRPG --or japanese --of worth themselves.

It's really not fair for Nintendo. Thankfully the EIdos guy hasn't worked there since 2013, and all of his info is just conjecture and rumor.

Loser Sony fanboys are begging for square because they have no JRPG of their own (like Xenoblade).

Hope Nintendo can pick up S-E and wipe the smirk off SonyShcmuck faces... and thank Japanese gamers for rejecting sony and their Woke Western shit outright.

Sony is anti-Japanese.