Nintendo Q4 FY 23/24 Earnings Release: Hardware 1.96m LTD 141.32M. MVDK 1.12M, Peach Showtime! 1.22M

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo deserves all the smoke and criticism just like other companies do too.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Honestly I appreciate it if Nintendo is successful or even if they take away some Market shares of PlayStation. Sony needs a rude awakening, to finally realise that chasing after the trends of big American Corps will be otherwise their demise, sooner or later. Anyway Sony is Japanese company, so behave like one. 🤦

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Honestly I appreciate it if Nintendo is successful or even if they tske away some Market shares of PlayStation. Sony needs to a rude awakening, to finally realise that chasing after the trends of big American Corps will be otherwise their demise, sooner or later. Anyway Sony is Japanese company, so vehsve like one. 🤦‍♂💀
I feel the opposite. I wish Nintendo would falter and ppl stop buying their underpowered console so they can stop being scrooges and make more powerful console. Also some more investment in new ips.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I feel the opposite. I wish Nintendo would falter and ppl stop buying their underpowered console so they can stop being scrooges and make more powerful console. Also some more investment in new ips.
when they had powerful consoles, no one bought them. N64/GameCube were dope but flopped.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Not saying Sony should develop weak hardware or completely copy them. I was actually thinking about adjusting their strategy in terms of variety of games and the release politics regarding their own brand.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The bayonetta and xenoblade saga less than 4 million each in a park of 140 million consoles? Wild.
Likewise, despite everything, Nintendo's health is enviable. Seeing this, it is more difficult for me to understand the steps of PlayStation in bringing its great sagas to PC due to miserable sales except for Helldivers 2. Let's not forget that Sackboy BA sold a little more than 65,000 copies when on PS it is almost 2 million. Anyway.
SIE makes over twice the money that Nintendo does.

Regarding PC, every year SIE makes way more money than the previous one with their 1st party games, this FY they'll have made around half a billion dollars -or more- from PC. Why? Because PC is a way bigger market than PS in revenue and userbase and Sony keeps releasing and discounting stuff.

It will continue growing due to the release of more old ports, discounts of older releaases and specially the releases and updates of GaaS titles like Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Concord or Marathon.

And that growth in PC doesn't negatively affect their console: the opposite, their console's active userbase, games and subscriptions sales keeps growing and breaking gaming history records for any console, including the Nintendo ones.

If something, it's Nintendo who should follow Sony's steps to see if they get closer to their success, not the opposite.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not saying Sony should develop weak hardware or completely copy them. I was actually thinking about adjusting their strategy in terms of variety of games and the release politics regarding their own brand.
OH I agree with most on here Sony has definitely lost their way with certain things, messaging and optics.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

This so F******* much. I don't think Nintendo will catch lighting in a bottle 2 generations in a row. They had the Wii u back catalog to carry the switch. Most of their top sellers are Wii U games with a new hat a la Malibu Stacey.

I am waiting to see what gimmick the switch 2 will have. It's not very present day Nintendo to just design a more powerful iteration of their previous console.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony's viral tweet this week - them being cucks and bending over for people that hate them
Nintendo viral tweet this week - announcing a games showcase and their next console.

There's levels to this

• Informative
Reactions: Box and xollowsob

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
This so F******* much. I don't think Nintendo will catch lighting in a bottle 2 generations in a row. They had the Wii u back catalog to carry the switch. Most of their top sellers are Wii U games with a new hat a la Malibu Stacey.

I am waiting to see what gimmick the switch 2 will have. It's not very present day Nintendo to just design a more powerful iteration of their previous console.
Two Displays and 4 Joy-Cons.
Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Thy know how to maximize profits for sure. Not my cup of tea but I respect the hustle.

Being more than a decade behind in technology has a snowball effect on reducing costs all across the board. Sony can’t do that.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

It will be successful as long as they dont give it a dumb name like the "Switch U"

Sony's viral tweet this week - them being cucks and bending over for people that hate them
Nintendo viral tweet this week - announcing a games showcase and their next console.

There's levels to this

I love how much more Transparent Nintendo is, acknowledging the Switch 2 and letting us know will talk about it later

While Sony makes no mention of the ps5 pro and we still have no date for the PlayStation Showcase.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Honestly I appreciate it if Nintendo is successful or even if they take away some Market shares of PlayStation. Sony needs a rude awakening, to finally realise that chasing after the trends of big American Corps will be otherwise their demise, sooner or later. Anyway Sony is Japanese company, so behave like one. 🤦

Most of the sales for both Nintendo and PlayStation come from America, why would you ignore that to focus on a dying market like Japan?

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Most of the sales for both Nintendo and PlayStation come from America, why would you ignore that to focus on a dying market like Japan?
Dude...that's not what my initial post was implying. Not saying Sony should do 90% Japanese games like Nintendo, but they definitely need to adjust their strategy. They also need a better variety of games. Their output should be 50% western games and 50% Asian games (including Japan).

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Breath of the wild truly catapulted switch my god, The true power of a console exclusive. The only sony IP that can come close to this is God of War but with way things are going I fully expect them to launch the next GoW on PC first :ROFLMAO: