Nintendo updates sales data Zelda ToTK over 19 million units sold

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
last updated sept 30th

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2023/231107_4e.pdf https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 57.01M (+1.55M)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 43.38M (+590K)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 32.44M (+670K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 31.15M (+500K)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 26.95M (+510K)
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield - 26.02M (+100K)
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 23.23M (+570K)
  • Super Mario Party - 19.66M (+270K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 19.50M (+990K)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 16.70M (+530K)
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury - 12.58M (+1.2M since March 2023)
  • Mario Party Superstars - 11.44M (+1.27M since March 2023)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - 10.77M (+1.17M since March 2023)
  • Pikmin 4 - 2.61M

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Crazy sales, the power of real exclusives IMO.

I do wonder where GOWR is now but I assume it slowed down...many will be expecting it on PC already and buy it at a lower price or pirate it...that is the path that Sony decided was better than what Nintendo is doing...which is insane to me.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

I do wonder where GOWR is now but I assume it slowed down...many will be expecting it on PC already and buy it at a lower price or pirate it...that is the path that Sony decided was better than what Nintendo is doing...which is insane to me.

Of course it slowed down but you can find Ragnarok appearing in both retail and digital charts even now. I’d would say it’ll make sales as long as ps5 hardware moves hardware by being one of the true “killer apps” for the console. I think its performance and retail success will outperform all Sony previous games not Spider-Man for the most part.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Its not a 1:1 situation between nintendo and sony even if they did price their games like them and keep them exclusively on playstaiton.
Sony is competing with and curating 3rd party games on their platform, games which outsell their first party games and are priced competitively with theirs.

No one is buying a nintendo for 2k, COD, Madden, GTA etc. so those 3rd party publisher prices don’t really effect Nintendo. They have their own platform monopoly where they can price games however they want. Playstation is the default 3rd party platform and its where they make most of their money so they have to price their first party competively with EA, Ubi, Take Two, etc.

After a while God of War selling for 20 dollars or being bundled doesn’t really make money or sell hardware anymore. Its not like GOW 2018 is still being sold for 60 dollars like Zelda and Mario games, and i dont think anyone would buy it if it were priced that way. Its just completely different markets.

Nintendo is a first party machine, sony will never get there and theres no reason for them to want to

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nintendo is a first party machine, sony will never get there and theres no reason for them to want to
What? Sony is already “there”, even more so than Nintendo because their games have to go up against real competition like Red Dead , CoD, and Elden Ring. And they still manage to sell 15m-20m+ !
After a while God of War selling for 20 dollars or being bundled doesn’t really make money or sell hardware anymore.
It does a lot more than making a few pennies on PC and devaluing your platform and IP.

Reactions: Diah and Puff
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
No one is exclusively a switch owner under the age of 15. It’s a supplementary device and well known that most have a primary home console be it PlayStation, Xbox or pc. So it does indeed face competition; especially from similar fantasy adventures like Elden Ring (which I consider the true generational sequel to botw).

I say this even as someone who think switch is completely irrelevant to most discussions because it’s a gameboy. Unit sales still mean a lot because consumers only buy so much and limited hours to spend on which games they do. What Zelda does definitely matters.

Considering the competition this year and non stop series of AAA tentpole releases starting with Zelda, Diablo, street fighter, Starfield, bg3 etc… into Spider-Man. To sell 20 million in a single year; especially this one with global populations facing crippling inflation. I dunno… these numbers are amazing 🤣

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Nintendo could perish if they mismanage their IPs but I think they are doing excellent job, unlike that shitty company who owns the hedgehog.

Reactions: Diah

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What? Sony is already “there”, even more so than Nintendo because their games have to go up against real competition like Red Dead , CoD, and Elden Ring. And they still manage to sell 15m-20m+ !

Playstation is not a first party machine, the biggest selling games every year are 3rd party games. Sony couldn’t survive on their first party catalogue, they released one major game this year.

Nintendo is predominately making money solely off first party software and Minecraft.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Playstation is not a first party machine, the biggest selling games every year are 3rd party games. Sony couldn’t survive on their first party catalogue, they released one major game this year.

Nintendo is predominately making money solely off first party software and Minecraft.
Oh…you meant first party machine in the literal sense 😂😂 my bad…. carry on.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Deserve Black And Blue GIF by Better Call Saul

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's the one AAA (circa 2012) game Nintendo is able to make. Then they make another one with reused assets.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023

Zelda BOTW price history
IMG-20231107-225249.jpg

GOW 2018 price history
IMG-20231107-225339.jpg

23 Sep 2023
Personal choice does not make One thing better then the Other.
Gameplay > Hype

Nintendo has the best Gameplay on consoles. Sony has the most Hype.

See the difference, kids?

• thinking_hard

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
LoL. I'm PC master race, guy and a Die hard Zelda fan. Keep pretending you're the bigus-dickus in the room with all your walking simulators on Playstation, though. :ROFLMAO:
Do you mean 1st person walking simulator in dark rooms with a stiff plastic hand holding a flash light? Aren't these PC games?