Now that FY23 is over, what are your hopes and expectations for PS during the next midrange plan?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Next midrange plan runs from 2024-2027, which should take us to the end of the gen.

My personal hopes:

1) partnering with or acquiring some eastern devs for more jrpg-style games; hiring directorial talent from asian countries to help with combat systems in 1p games (e.g. bloodborne 2)
2) double tap xbox with strong 1p exclusive titles. Don't give them room to breathe
3) aggressively focus on mfg cost reduction to maintain PS5 sales volume

Reactions: TigerFang

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
PC Ports of:

Demons souls
Bloodborne
Shadow of the colossus remake
Last guardian
Infamous second son

I am excluding the second party games like rise of the ronin as those will release later.

Then dig deeper into PS3 era games to bring them to current systems. PS now is not a proper solution.

Not much hope for upcoming first party SP games. Too much reliance on marvel IP. Wolverine, venom and spiderman don't interest me at all. Create Shin Japan studios to bring that PS1 - PS3 era spirit back. No need for AAA games, but something more experimental.

Salvage PSVR2 by pushing it to PC.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Stop porting single player exclusives to PC would be a good start. They could offer them via PS Now if really necessary, increasing PS+ numbers without wasting resources.

Use Nixxes to port PS3 games to PS5 instead of wasting time on PC ports.

Give smaller teams (even or especially 3rd party ones) the chance to revive older IPs with small budget games, of course exclusively to console.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Games. Minimum 2 first party per year with at least 1 TV/Cinema project per year.
They spent way too many time cooking in secret, its time to eat.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
As @arvfab says..

No more single player ports BUT GAAS go to PC day 1 with PSN required... perhaps offering special exclusive items as an incentive.

I want AGGRESSIVE pushes for PS5 sales. Cutting price in low season, early promotion of GTA6 with PlayStation 5 & Pro.
Increase tartget to 20m or more.

Acquire Arrowhead

Launch a line of classic controllers that work on PS5 & PRO... one PS1 controller with only a dpad, no dualshock. Dualshock from PS2 and PS4 dualshock 4.

----------------------

Pie in the sky hope / dreams: New PS3 in manufacturing with BC for PS1 & PS2 games, reactivate PS3 PS Store....counts as part of MAU.

VITA back in limited production.

Buy Square Enix due to their new position on exclusivity.

Reactions: JAHGamer and Umar

Orangee

3 Mar 2024

I could see a rerelease of SOTC for PS5 next year, due to the anniversary of the original game.
Strange, that Sony didnt even bother trying again with a SOTC movie.

PC ports of Bluepoint games are a tough one, dont expect any of their games to hit PC too soon, If ever.
Their engine is pretty messy, which is why most of PS4 bluepoint games required a PS5 patch to fix crashes.
It would be a miracle, If they made Sotc or demon souls work on a multispec tech that is PC. It's made to work on that console, and that console only. Those issues are also the true reason behind DSRemake never hitting PS4, even though It was planned to be cross gen.

• fire
Reactions: arvfab

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I would like to see the other PS studios release titles, (Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Bend)
More second party partnerships, especially interested in Korea post Stellar Blade and Lies of P.
I'd love to see them tap into their PS3 era, remasters from this era makes the most sense.

Really for them to do what they always do mid to late gen, release an onslaught of games that are markedly more quality then the rest of the industry does,

Reactions: anonpuffs

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
PC Ports of:

Demons souls
Bloodborne
Last guardian
Infamous second son

I am excluding the second party games like rise of the ronin as those will release later.

Then dig deeper into PS3 era games to bring them to current systems. PS now is not a proper solution.

Not much hope for upcoming first party SP games. Too much reliance on marvel IP. Wolverine, venom and spiderman don't interest me at all. Create Shin Japan studios to bring that PS1 - PS3 era spirit back. No need for AAA games, but something more experimental.

Salvage PSVR2 by pushing it to PC.

So what you want to see from Sony is for them to re-release games we have already played last gen? :ROFLMAO: it's not even like these games run poor. they are already running as good as they'll get on Ps5.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So what you want to see from Sony is for them to re-release games we have already played last gen? :ROFLMAO: it's not even like these games run poor. they are already running as good as they'll get on Ps5.
Bloodborne still runs like dogshit

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Hopes: Big game announcements for the entire second half of this gen, PS5 Pro info, clarity on what their plans are and why I should play on PlayStation instead of PC.

Expectation: PC ports, PC remasters, PC remakes, Mobile, GaaS, safe sequels, shutting down studios, PC exclusive features and PC exclusive games.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
- PS5 Pro

- PSVR2 on PC fully supported

- Start releasing PSVR2 patches of 1st party AAA games.

- Continuous support for Helldivers 2 by introducing new factions (Illuminate and others), vehicles, weapon balancing done for fun, crossover events with other universes, etc.

- New Astrobot open-world game for PSVR2 and TV

- Kojima's stealth espionage mistery game for Playstation (Syphon Filter?)

- Closure of the GoW 2018 saga with 3rd game

- Wolverine

- Closure of Spider Man saga with 3rd game

- TLoU3 cancelled, let Naughty Dog come back to Uncharted. Remake or reboot, or follow-up with Drake's daughter (though that would overlap immensely with Tomb Raider).

- Ghost of Tsushima 2

- Instead of 3rd Horizon game, Guerrilla reboots Killzone.

- Bend's new open world game is actually a Resistance reboot.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
My expectations for Hideaki Nishiki are for new partnerships, we know the bigger japanese studios are either doing well on sales and not looking to make exclusives, like fromsoftware and capcom, and some are looking for growth and going multiplat, like sega/atlus and square enix, so its time for Nishiki to cultivate new partners

Some names I would like to see could be mutual benefit for sony and their studios. Like, Bokeh Studios from the creator of Silent Hill and Gravity Rush, he is currently making an action horror game that could fit into ps5 ecosystem really well. There are also new studios, like Kamuy, the new studio of Shinji Mikami, and the Unseen Studio of Ikumi Nakamura! Both very new and could benefit from some help by playstation to publish and develop their first games.

Reactions: Umar

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Honor the 30th year anniversary with a great show (and respect!)
PS5 Pro delivering (not only a res boost)
GTA6 marketing/bundles and optimised for the Pro.
Blockbuster titles and new IPs.
PS Studios created J-RPG & Sci-fi RPG.
PS launcher on PC to havoc the Steam geeks

and ND secretly delivering a gritty modern Jak and Daxter or new IP so they don't drop only LoU3 at the end of this gen
(and Sucker Punch doing the same for Sly after Ghost 2) to fill the gap of R&C.

Speaking of SoTC, ICO remake for the culture (Bluepoint could churn one out ''quick'').

Reactions: Jim Ryan

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I could see a rerelease of SOTC for PS5 next year, due to the anniversary of the original game.
Strange, that Sony didnt even bother trying again with a SOTC movie.

PC ports of Bluepoint games are a tough one, dont expect any of their games to hit PC too soon, If ever.
Their engine is pretty messy, which is why most of PS4 bluepoint games required a PS5 patch to fix crashes.
It would be a miracle, If they made Sotc or demon souls work on a multispec tech that is PC. It's made to work on that console, and that console only. Those issues are also the true reason behind DSRemake never hitting PS4, even though It was planned to be cross gen.
Any chance for an ICO remake?
Will Sony care to release a The Last Guardian PS5 patch to unlock the frame rate again?

• fire
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Next Midrange plan?

Port Begging
Hungry Dinner GIF

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Next midrange plan runs from 2024-2027, which should take us to the end of the gen.

My personal hopes:

1) partnering with or acquiring some eastern devs for more jrpg-style games; hiring directorial talent from asian countries to help with combat systems in 1p games (e.g. bloodborne 2)
2) double tap xbox with strong 1p exclusive titles. Don't give them room to breathe
3) aggressively focus on mfg cost reduction to maintain PS5 sales volume
The fact that they haven't officially partnered with From for Bloodborne 2 is a travesty. Fuck a remake of part 1 - give us the new installment that is exclusive. That needs to be at the top of the list for Hulst and Nishino.

Reactions: Box