"NPD Analysis March: Dragon's Dogma 2 at No 1, FFVII Rebirth at 7th"

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PS5 sold over 500k in March. Do you have any proof Nvidia sold over 500k GPU to gamers in the same timeframe? Or bigger than PS5+Xbox+Switch? If consoles are dying, these cards should trounce everything else.

Why is Mat not comparing that? Cards sold to customers at retail, not AI or whatever.
Thats 500k in the US, probs over 1.2m ww

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Absolute astroturfing. Funny how NONE of this was a thing just a few months ago but as soon as MS leaves the console business, console are apparently dead, despite the other two selling like crazy. And now they want to convince people that kids are buying $1500 PCs to play games instead of consoles.

Absolute madness.

Matt, I know you're reading these forums. have some self respect and decency and at least admit you have an agenda and we all know where it's coming from. Just pathetic. Imagine selling the entirety of yourself for a few bucks from daddy MS. What's the going rate these days?
This is how I feel.... Suddenly consoles are dying now that MS is multiplatform? Suddenly exclusives are bad? If you look at Nintendo and Sony's results, it makes complete sense to make exclusives, just like it makes sense for a third party to make one. PC audience growing has done nothing but make portbegging the hottest topic in forums.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
First they said gamepass is the future and playstation should release there first party day one on ps plus
And now we have a new agenda that consoles are dead
And all that noise started when xbox went third-party 😆😄
It is so transparent.

Is anyone saying Nintendo should not release Switch 2 because consoles are over? Why is Mat not campaigning to get all Nintendo games on PC Day 1?

His target is always Sony. Somehow they are doing it "wrong". They need to follow the Xbox formula or they will be left behind.

They are using the exact same modus operandi as PS+ Day and Date or face the consequences. What happened to that? Lol

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It is so transparent.

Is anyone saying Nintendo should not release Switch 2 because consoles are over? Why is Mat not campaigning to get all Nintendo games on PC Day 1?

His target is always Sony. Somehow they are doing it "wrong". They need to follow the Xbox formula or they will be left behind.

They are using the exact same modus operandi as PS+ Day and Date or face the consequences. What happened to that? Lol
There's so much chatter on the shitsite that is Install Base about how Microsoft is best positioned for the future of gaming and how Nintendo is perfectly fine where they are. A totally fictional scenario that conveniently makes things look dire for the healthiest and most powerful of the three.

• they're_right_you_know

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
There's so much chatter on the shitsite that is Install Base about how Microsoft is best positioned for the future of gaming and how Nintendo is perfectly fine where they are. A totally fictional scenario that conveniently makes things look dire for the healthiest and most powerful of the three.

Even if we took the takes that their overall strategy puts them best positioned for the future of gaming at face value, the reality is that things will not materialize itself until the software quality on XGS' part improves.
Something that has barely(on aggregate, I think?) improved from the Xbox One days.
Workers are clearly being used wrongly here, because I don't doubt the talent that works on video games.

It is always about the software, Nintendo knows it, PlayStation knows it.

Xbox knows it as well, as made clear by their acquisition(s) of not only studios but of large publishers.
This is a clear attempt to side-step internal issues at MS in terms of delivering software.

• brain

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are they saying the same thing about EA, Ubisoft or Take 2? The future is bright for big publishers but platform holders are going down? I've never heard that one until now.

MS is the only publisher they care about and they are always winning 🙄

Even if we took the takes that their overall strategy puts them best positioned for the future of gaming at face value, the reality is that things will not materialize itself until the software quality on XGS' part improves.
Something that has barely(on aggregate, I think?) improved from the Xbox One days.
Workers are clearly being used wrongly here, because I don't doubt the talent that works on video games.

It is always about the software, Nintendo knows it, PlayStation knows it.

Xbox knows it as well, as made clear by their acquisition(s) of not only studios but of large publishers.
This is a clear attempt to side-step internal issues at MS in terms of delivering software.
At this point it doesn't matter what Xbox makes. This is Activision and Bethesda doing the same games they always did.

Their own IPs are all irrelevant even if they were good.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Their own IPs are all irrelevant even if they were good.
They do have a bunch of games from all the studios they acquired that will start coming into the 2024-2026~ era, so there's still a chance to revert the situation on the software front for XGS proper.
Although I will admit I sound like a Xbox fan who's been chanting for years: Just wait until they have all the GAMES!!!!

I'm not the kind of guy to do bold predictions, I'll just wait until something is dead to bury the corpse.

• brain

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Stolen from restera:

In his Discord, Jez was more chatty:

- All Xbox first-party games coming to PlayStation, even Forza, Halo
- Xbox will be more Steam-like in the future
- Affordable prices, sales, more open for devs
- Future Xbox-Hardware gonna be for fans who want it
- Xbox hardware will be niche like Steam Deck
- Next Xbox will side-load Steam
- "I don't think they expect to ever grow in hardware"

he said "Nobody wanted to give Xbox a chance, so this is what they get with a Sony monopoly"

Post in thread 'Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + ABK |OT30| Why So Series X|S?'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...-ot30-why-so-series-x-s.820296/post-122382702

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Stolen from restera:

he said "Nobody wanted to give Xbox a chance, so this is what they get with a Sony monopoly"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...-ot30-why-so-series-x-s.820296/post-122382702
lmao xbox got all the chances in the world, they just didn't do anything with them, kept making all the wrong choices

this is sega 2.0 and they'll be blaming sony for microsoft's own incompetence 20 years from now

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Stolen from restera:

Jez back in his dooming mood I see.
Decent chance quite a few of those bullepoints happen this way or relatively close to it.
We'll probably know more by June(for games coming to PS/Nintendo).
For the rest, I suspect that by 2026 at the latest, we'll be hearing some things.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Stolen from restera:

Still blaming Sony even in their dying breath 🤣

Xbox got everything they wanted and more. Activision was supposed to be the killing blow for Playstation but it backfired badly.

They own some of the strongest IPs in gaming history and they have the most devoted fans in consumer electronics. If they are still struggling, that's on them and no one else.

Reactions: Dabaus

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Stolen from restera:

Bring over them Forza Horizon games QUICKLY! Since Sony is allergic to arcade racers... Take us out the trenches Xbox

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Airbus

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Stolen from restera:

Xbox had all the changes including a gen where they lead most of it over PlayStation.

But they never did anything for actual gamers want to stay with Xbox.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This next month will be interesting to helldivers. Launch hype seems at its tail end. It may fall below the 100k max daily concurrent within the next week.