Nxgamer Armored Core VI performance review.PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PS4 vs Steam Deck

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
PS5 win even though it is "less powerful".
Wonder where all those fuds go.

I do hope Sony could help them with new engine for their next gen projects. Their last collaboration is Bloodborne and the quality in lighting, textures got significantly improved from that and since then they haven't improved much.

Maybe Decima like Kojimbo?

Last edited:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Plenty of people "expect" the 12TF console to always "win", and have been proven wrong plenty of times already.

But you "know" this.
People who have any idea how this stuff works, generally will know that an engine that has been more optimized for a specific platform.. will likely retain those optimizations in future games which utilize said engine.

I'm not expecting FROMSOFT to suddently give a fuck about Xbox and start putting in more work to optimize their games for that console.. which sells much less than PS5 and PC.

Microsoft has a lot of work to do 🤷‍♂️

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
People who have any idea how this stuff works, generally will know that an engine that has been more optimized for a specific platform.. will likely retain those optimizations in future games which utilize said engine.

I'm not expecting FROMSOFT to suddently give a fuck about Xbox and start putting in more work to optimize their games for that console.. which sells much less than PS5 and PC.

As if Xbox only have lower performance in FromSoft's engine...

At this point the issue is the Xbox and GDK... not engines.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

I am surprised why you wouldn't bring the fact that Sony owns 14% of FromSoft into the table, so it's Sony sabotage.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
As if Xbox only have lower performance in FromSoft's engine...

At this point the issue is the Xbox and GDK... not engines.
Never said that it does.

There's an issue common to all 3rd party games... and that is that Xbox is less of a priority. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I am surprised why you wouldn't bring the fact that Sony owns 14% of FromSoft into the table, so it's Sony sabotage.
Nah. Japanese companies generally just don't give a shit about Xbox. It's quite obvious where their time and priority goes.

Phil's got to start paying big bucks for any chance of that to change.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It is a issue even with 1st party games...
30fps across the board... last gen graphics.... etc.

Maybe MS first-party studios put less priority in these games 🤷‍♂️
I disagree.

The Gears of War games look incredible.. and runs at 60fps
Forza Horizon 5 looks incredible, runs at 60fps
Flight Simulator looks incredible
Sea of Thieves is a gorgeous looking game, especially on PC in ultrawide

Forza Motorsport looks awesome, Hellblade 2 will look incredible.. and I'm sure there's plenty of others coming which will. 🤷‍♂️