Nxgamer Armored Core VI performance review.PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PS4 vs Steam Deck

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I disagree.

The Gears of War games look incredible.. and runs at 60fps
Forza Horizon 5 looks incredible, runs at 60fps
Flight Simulator looks incredible
Sea of Thieves is a gorgeous looking game, especially on PC in ultrawide

Forza Motorsport looks awesome, Hellblade 2 will look incredible.. and I'm sure there's plenty of others coming which will. 🤷‍♂️

I dont think Flight Simulator is completely made all by 1st party, Asobo also? Still very good looking. Gears to me looks and runs great and probably the best looking Xbox game. I like the art style in Sea of Thieves too, totally my kind of game. Wish it was on other platforms.

Halo 5 I felt was a better looking game than Halo Infinite compared to its generation.

I still think Nintendo and PS probably put more effort into there games. Presentation/Looks too.
Most Nintendo 1st party games have a great art style. For its tech especially. And PS also put alot of effort in most the titles, Naughty Dog Probably pushed the industry forward on consoles with facial animations when Uncharted 2 hit. And pushed forward again with titles like TLOU and U4/TLOU2. God of War was always a top graphical title. Insomniac doesnt miss either with titles like Ratchet and Clank.

Reactions: Remij

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I disagree.

Forza Motorsport looks awesome, Hellblade 2 will look incredible.. and I'm sure there's plenty of others coming which will. 🤷‍♂️
Man we really have different opinions about what looks next-gen.
Gears looks last gen imo.
Forza Horizon 5 looks good but still last gen (it is the best looking game of your list).
Flight Simulator looks good from high heights... closed it is all very low polygon... and it is the only game in your list that is really impressive but it own set of flaws
Sea of Thieves is last gen even for last gen lol

Sadly you forget to list all others games MS launched including Halo Infinite.

Forza Motorsport is not launched and already has a lot fo concesions.
Hellblade 2 GC indeed looks good 🤷‍♂️

I don't put GoW Ragnarok or Horizon FW in the next-gen side and they looks way better than the games released you quoted.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I disagree.

A bunch of old games.

Amazing that they managed to get a racing game running at 60fps though 😁

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Forza Horizon 5 looks good but still last gen (it is the best looking game of your list).
Flight Simulator looks good from high heights... closed it is all very low polygon... and it is the only game in your list that is really impressive but it own set of flaws

I don't put GoW Ragnarok or Horizon FW in the next-gen side and they looks way better than the games released you quoted.

I didn't say anything about next-gen. Gears looks great still and was incredible when it released, and runs at 60fps. Do you think Gears 6 the "next gen" Gears isn't going to look better than Gears 5? I mean cmon... you've got to give these teams time to get their next stuff out there.

Forza Horizon and Motorsport are self explanitory.. they absolutely smoke Gran Turismo in almost every way.

Flight simulator has come a long way, which much improved geometric detail for low flying.. They've been consistently updating the locales... and FS2024 further extends all that..

Sea of Thieves looks incredible... you guys seem to have a hard time accepting a cartoonish art style as great. I've seen this with other games as well.

Hellblade 2 will look gorgeous sure.

And yea, those PS5 games also look great. I never said they didn't. They're different styles of games....

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Only a person that doesn't play Sony exclusives thinks that shit about Gears or Halo looking next gen. Once Killzone and Uncharted shitted on those two graphically it was never even close moving forward.

D

Deleted member 223

At some point we have stop making these threads as if it's debatable anymore as to which console is the better overall engineered box and better performing box. Just cause certain tribal groups don't want to admit it, argue endlessly and live in their own bubble doesn't mean reality is contested or different than what it really is or subject to change, or potential change. The way this was going to play out was clear at the very early outset of the launch of both consoles with all the "ties" and the minuscule advantages going PS5's way (that was the eye opener for anyone with a brain that had entertained MS marketing and the "tech experts" in the media - aka plants). When the biggest priority for devs back then was simply just porting from previous gen and letting the hardware do most of the lifting by itself you should be able to tell and connect dots. Of course if you allow others to connect the dots for you, which is the job of media plants, tech experts and marketing depts by corporations selling a product then you can go into all sorts of directions, and many are not aligned with reality nor truth.

There is something to be said about the cognitive dissonance after effects of guerilla marketing by Microsoft and their media plants. It's quite effective in many ways, creating quite a captive mind control effect. Afterall that is the whole intent and goal - belief captivity. The hold is so potent some folks just prefer to wrap around a false reality than live in the real one, even if they suspect something is amiss. There are also those that just enjoy being contrarian trolls because that's what makes them tick and somehow that serves as a source of happiness. Getting a raise out of others somehow signals to them that those engaging are somehow intellectually below them for "falling for" the bait. Complete shitstains, and deep down they know it - but can't help being who they're. It's a crazy duality of false sense of self.

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I didn't say anything about next-gen. Gears looks great still and was incredible when it released, and runs at 60fps. Do you think Gears 6 the "next gen" Gears isn't going to look better than Gears 5? I mean cmon... you've got to give these teams time to get their next stuff out there.
You moved the goal to Gears 6 lol
I'm saying MS first-party studio didn't released anything next-gen yet.
So it is not a 3rd-party issue only.

Forza Horizon and Motorsport are self explanitory.. they absolutely smoke Gran Turismo in almost every way.
I doesn't... and what MS showed from new Forza Motorsport looks worst than what you have on Gran Turismo 7 right now.
Maybe you are looking at PC I guess 🤷‍♂️ where Forza really shines.

Flight simulator has come a long way, which much improved geometric detail for low flying.. They've been consistently updating the locales... and FS2024 further extends all that..
That is great and all but don't change it is very low polygon at low view... it fake a amazing graphics putting the view at super high distances.

Sea of Thieves looks incredible... you guys seem to have a hard time accepting a cartoonish art style as great. I've seen this with other games as well.
I is a fun game and looks good for a Xbox One game but its graphcis is very dated.

Hellblade 2 will look gorgeous sure.
CGI always looks good.

And yea, those PS5 games also look great. I never said they didn't. They're different styles of games....
Different style of games? :unsure:

Anyway MS didn't release anything that should be called next-gen of coming from the "eat monster on breakfest" 12TF Xbox Series X.
What you see is their own 1st-party team having issues to delivery games with subpar graphics for a next-gen standard with features lacking.

People are even talking now that Xbox 1st party studios follow the Gamepass "shit" standard.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Why does every thread here based on winning some war with MS? Why is nearly everyone here have a hate-boner for MS? We should all be about games whether they are cross-gen, multiplat, or exclusive. I don't give a shit who makes what. I just want to play the games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You moved the goal to Gears 6 lol
I'm saying MS first-party studio didn't released anything next-gen yet.
So it is not a 3rd-party issue only.

I doesn't... and what MS showed from new Forza Motorsport looks worst than what you have on Gran Turismo 7 right now.
Maybe you are looking at PC I guess 🤷‍♂️ where Forza really shines.

That is great and all but don't change it is very low polygon at low view... it fake a amazing graphics putting the view at super high distances.

I is a fun game and looks good for a Xbox One game but its graphcis is very dated.

CGI always looks good.

Different style of games? :unsure:

Anyway MS didn't release anything that should be called next-gen of coming from the "eat monster on breakfest" 12TF Xbox Series X.
What you see is their own 1st-party team having issues to delivery games with subpar graphics for a next-gen standard with features lacking.

People are even talking now that Xbox 1st party studios follow the Gamepass "shit" standard.
I didn't move any goal... Gears 5 was the last game the studio released.. the fact that it released in 2019 doesn't change the fact that it still looks great and did look amazing for the time. The point was MS has developers who can make great looking games.. and they do. Gears 6 assuredly will as well.

You weren't really saying they haven't released anything next-gen yet... as much as you were saying they're not capable of making next-gen looking games. At least that's how I interpreted it. I simply listed studios and games which proves that they can.

I'm well aware of the narrative of Xbox games. The point is, they have studios which are technically capable of great things. MS' output this generation has been pathetic.. so it's entirely worthy of the ridicule.. but we'll see what happens when their new games finally start releasing from some of these studios.

Reactions: Frozone

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Why does every thread here based on winning some war with MS? Why is nearly everyone here have a hate-boner for MS? We should all be about games whether they are cross-gen, multiplat, or exclusive. I don't give a shit who makes what. I just want to play the games.
Yea, it's pretty lame. These guys constantly need positive reinforcement from each other about their precious Playstation. That's why you can't say anything about it without them losing it and trying to flip your words around.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
In order for Love to exist, there must be war.

War Battle GIF by ImproVivencia

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yea, it's pretty lame. These guys constantly need positive reinforcement from each other about their precious Playstation. That's why you can't say anything about it without them losing it and trying to flip your words around.
The audacity to say that shit when you green rats jump to defend the potato shitbox, knowing full well that potato gonna hamstring the whole games.

Looks at how Jimbo got dogpiled hard after the May Showcase shitshow, "positive reinforcement" is it supposed to be ironic?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
At some point we have stop making these threads as if it's debatable anymore as to which console is the better overall engineered box and better performing box. Just cause certain tribal groups don't want to admit it, argue endlessly and live in their own bubble doesn't mean reality is contested or different than what it really is or subject to change, or potential change. The way this was going to play out was clear at the very early outset of the launch of both consoles with all the "ties" and the minuscule advantages going PS5's way (that was the eye opener for anyone with a brain that had entertained MS marketing and the "tech experts" in the media - aka plants). When the biggest priority for devs back then was simply just porting from previous gen and letting the hardware do most of the lifting by itself you should be able to tell and connect dots. Of course if you allow others to connect the dots for you, which is the job of media plants, tech experts and marketing depts by corporations selling a product then you can go into all sorts of directions, and many are not aligned with reality nor truth.

There is something to be said about the cognitive dissonance after effects of guerilla marketing by Microsoft and their media plants. It's quite effective in many ways, creating quite a captive mind control effect. Afterall that is the whole intent and goal - belief captivity. The hold is so potent some folks just prefer to wrap around a false reality than live in the real one, even if they suspect something is amiss. There are also those that just enjoy being contrarian trolls because that's what makes them tick and somehow that serves as a source of happiness. Getting a raise out of others somehow signals to them that those engaging are somehow intellectually below them for "falling for" the bait. Complete shitstains, and deep down they know it - but can't help being who they're. It's a crazy duality of false sense of self.
Nothing wrong with these threads. If ppl want to circle jerk it's on them. Regardless of what systems ppl own or ppl want to compare ppl want to know how games perform on their systems and that's OK. I do the same with tvs, computers, audio, etc...

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The audacity to say that shit when you green rats jump to defend the potato shitbox, knowing full well that potato gonna hamstring the whole games.

Looks at how Jimbo got dogpiled hard after the May Showcase shitshow, "positive reinforcement" is it supposed to be ironic?
He's a big hypocrite, troll don't even bother lol his first comment was a lame, defensive one. He always does that when it isnt in favor. Shit is corny asf.