Official Forza Motorsport review thread. What's the average score Forza Motorsport will get on Metacritic?.

What do you think it will. Score?

• Total voters

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's ridiculous that supposed graphics whore SlimySnake is praising the graphics of FM8 because of RTGI, it doesn't even look accurate, the bounce light intensity is WAY too fucking strong, it makes everything look like a cartoon. And then sometimes it doesn't even work correctly.

SlimySnake has lost all credibility and is sadly nothing more than a sad joke.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Posts such as this are quite interesting. Read some of the comments. This is the average consumer of Xbox products, they have no idea about the nature of issues and just goes "uh looks fine to me?" People on the Forza sub, who actually play the game, understand the flaws, but the average Xbox consumer (who subscribes to Game Pass because it's great value!) simply clicks download for as long as his credit card pays the monthly sub. It's impossible to have a discussion with these people about the flaws of a game because, as the lowest common denominator consumer, they simply do not care. Remember that 75% of next-gen Xbox owners have a Series S. Every downgrade, flaw, and failing is accepted because the people who buy (or I should say rent) these games on Xbox have little clue about anything.

E.g:
I've seen some comparison videos comparing it to Gran Turismo too, and to me it's comparing apples and oranges.

The videos I've seen of GT are hugely over saturated and vibrant, with big fake reflections and stuff and it looks great, but Forza then looking more subdued and realistic leaves some thinking it looks worse... when it actually just looks more like real life.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Posts such as this are quite interesting. Read some of the comments. This is the average consumer of Xbox products, they have no idea about the nature of issues and just goes "uh looks fine to me?" People on the Forza sub, who actually play the game, understand the flaws, but the average Xbox consumer (who subscribes to Game Pass because it's great value!) simply clicks download for as long as his credit card pays the monthly sub. It's impossible to have a discussion with these people about the flaws of a game because, as the lowest common denominator consumer, they simply do not care. Remember that 75% of next-gen Xbox owners have a Series S. Every downgrade, flaw, and failing is accepted because the people who buy (or I should say rent) these games on Xbox have little clue about anything.

E.g:
sadly this is what gamepass leads to. casualization of the audience means quality goes right out the window.

*edit* on topic: watched more footage of FM8, something is off about their lighting model or how they deal with their materials on the cars. The lighting in midday looks a bit more natural than GT7, but the ambient occlusion is completely inaccurate for the cars, you can see like some sort of capsule shadow or baked ambient occlusion artifacts that make it look like the cars are casting soft shadows in the direction of the sunlight forza.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I guess people needs to stop to compare the game with GT7 because some parts of it looks worst than FM7.

Textures for example in a lot of tracks are worst than FM7.

Plus the inconsistencies… some parts of the track looks pretty good but another pretty shit with bad textures… there are good new cars models but there are very old reused cars models that looks shit.

Sometimes RT reflections looks good but most of time it is pretty bad like the glass looking cheap aluminum.

The cars looks like they are not hitting the way… like surfing above it.

AI what?

At this point it is another rushed Xbox release.

Last edited:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
F7wpERFXYAAclxo

F7vmnRta0AACZAh

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
sadly this is what gamepass leads to. casualization of the audience means quality goes right out the window.

*edit* on topic: watched more footage of FM8, something is off about their lighting model or how they deal with their materials on the cars. The lighting in midday looks a bit more natural than GT7, but the ambient occlusion is completely inaccurate for the cars, you can see like some sort of capsule shadow or baked ambient occlusion artifacts that make it look like the cars are casting soft shadows in the direction of the sunlightView attachment 2505
Forzas background looks good but the cars are atrocious