Official Forza Motorsport review thread. What's the average score Forza Motorsport will get on Metacritic?.

What do you think it will. Score?

• Total voters
24 Jun 2022

GT7 has such an obvious advantage in nighttime races and basically any racing conditions that aren't absolute midday or heavy rain.

Which ironically are the two areas where Forza in places looks better IMO, tho with the rainy one ironically it may not be very realistic compared to the actual rainy wet conditions race car drivers tend to do circuit racing in IRL.

Reactions: Puff and Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Forza has a real problem with diffuse lighting and reflections, look at the way the cars are "reflecting" off of dry track at night, surfaces aren't reflective like that.

Things GT7 does better:
-Shadowcasting is much more accurate on cars and track props (fences, trees)
-Specular highlights and emissive/reflective surfaces
-Headlights and lighting in general especially w.r.t the cars, just look at how much higher quality the taillight behavior is
-Car models being a gen ahead at least
-actually having nighttime conditions that look realistic, forza "nighttime" looks like permanent dusk on tracks with lights regardless of whether it should look like that (feels like light sources fall off in intensity way too slowly), some areas are pitch black when they shouldn't be
-better anisotropic filtering
-overall picture seems way way more consistent, forza can go from looking good to looking awful while gt7 never looks bad

Things Forza does better:
-cabin lighting is more dynamic and accurate
-trackside detail is better on many tracks
-midday lighting looks a bit more natural (gt7 has the contrast blown out a bit too much), rainy weather is slightly better
-slightly higher lod distance
-overall less processed look (gt7 feels like the whole image has a filter on the image so it feels like you're looking through tinted windows) which might be preferable to some
-a few cases where indirect lighting on the track looks a bit better

Reactions: Puff

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
1 - in the car garage well, the xbox garage is actually there, but there is a lot of bloom (probably for those nostalgic of the early 360 days) and the bad use of depth of field kill all details... So GT7 wins

2 - During the race the lighting is way off in forza, the lights don't look like they are emitting light (they do emit light, but their appearance on the cars doesn't make it seem like so) same for how the light bounces on the cars backs, etc.

3 - The anisotropic filtering in Forza is just atrocious and kills all details, especially on the track

4 - The 3d crowd in forza will show up no matter when the race is and no matter what the temperatures are! which is great I guess, so the crowd wins for their dedication in forza.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

He has good points.

Some of them as why some reviewers said it is step back in progression / carRPG… something that was praised in previous Forza.

And yes the graphics have peak moments and look good but like he said most time it looks worst than Forza 5.

A lot of menus/mechanics are from old 360 Forza games like Replay controls.

I’m not sure what Turn 10 really did for 6 years.
They used to release a new Forza game and polished more complete than this each 2 years.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1 - in the car garage well, the xbox garage is actually there, but there is a lot of bloom (probably for those nostalgic of the early 360 days) and the bad use of depth of field kill all details... So GT7 wins

2 - During the race the lighting is way off in forza, the lights don't look like they are emitting light (they do emit light, but their appearance on the cars doesn't make it seem like so) same for how the light bounces on the cars backs, etc.

3 - The anisotropic filtering in Forza is just atrocious and kills all details, especially on the track

4 - The 3d crowd in forza will show up no matter when the race is and no matter what the temperatures are! which is great I guess, so the crowd wins for their dedication in forza.
"the crowd wins for dedication" 😂

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Maybe he did before play it.
After he started to find the flaws.
and the list is long!.. Which is kind of strange given the state of previous Forza titles, I mean they were some of the most polished xbox titles for a long long time.
Everyone can sleep easy, Digital Fuckery have NOTIFIED THE DEVS about the Xbox Series version looking washed out! Bugagaga announced it on Reeeeeee.
oh great, DF putting devs on notice again! hopefully they can fix the AF at least, that would be a good easy start. Whip them until they find all the 12 TF!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wow. It's so much worse than I dared to believe. This game has much too inflated scores for what it is. It should have reviewed as a 7/10.

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023
Strong start lol
Oxygen incoming
screenshot_2023-10-10rydz3.jpg

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I didn't open GAF for a long time... months or maybe ever a year.
I wanted to open that next-gen comparison thread but found out the Forza vs GT7 at first row.

Opened it in the last page and the last post was from SlimySnake with a GIF saying new Forza is a "substantial" upgrace from Forza 7.

I believe it is true but the funny thing is that using the GIF it doesn't show it.
It shows the opposite... in that GIF Forza 7 looks way better and sharper than new Forza.
New Forza is blurry mess... you barely can see the details in the others cars or track due how the IQ is bad in the GIF.

UbJO29v.gif

Looking at that GIF which one you believe looks better?
Still he is using it to make a point that new Forza looks "substantial" better than Forza 7.
What a joke.

Man GAF lose a lot after me and others left... they have no ideia of what they are talking about.... and are complete incompetent to show evidences maybe because they have no ideia what they are looking... this GIF show how he has no ideia what better looking means in graphics terms.

PS. Was that the thread that some random quoted me? I won't read everything there.

Last edited:

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Wow. It's so much worse than I dared to believe. This game has much too inflated scores for what it is. It should have reviewed as a 7/10.
I hadn't seen a long stretch of uncut video from Forza yet, why does it have so much pop in?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I hadn't seen a long stretch of uncut video from Forza yet, why does it have so much pop in?
I don't know, found a video of a few laps in a race yesterday comparing it to GT 7 side by side same car same track, similar time of day (it was probably posted here)... races with crowds on each side too.

So 6:49 seconds without interruption

What I noticed the most:
- the lighting is bad
- the anisotropic filtering gives you the impression that textures are popping in on the track a few feet in front of you, this is extremely distracting
- The trees are worse than those in GT7

Reactions: BlueLyria