Official Forza Motorsport review thread. What's the average score Forza Motorsport will get on Metacritic?.

What do you think it will. Score?

• Total voters

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
I don't know, found a video of a few laps in a race yesterday comparing it to GT 7 side by side same car same track, similar time of day (it was probably posted here)... races with crowds on each side too.

So 6:49 seconds without interruption

What I noticed the most:
- the lighting is bad
- the anisotropic filtering gives you the impression that textures are popping in on the track a few feet in front of you, this is extremely distracting
- The trees are worse than those in GT7
Like, at that Video, 3:03 you can see the billboards disappearing as he drives past them and the models loading in the horizon, at 4:00 you can see the same thing on the left side of the screen and at 4:13 you can see all the tire barriers just pop in.

Game has to be super broken for that to happen, and it's not even their first Forza game for current gen, what the fuck

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
My story with this piece of trash:
  • Installs, but doesn't let me work without an AMD driver update. Fine, I'll do it
  • I run DS4 as I do for every game
  • Open Forza. Pre-compiling shaders. Cool, I like it
  • Unskippable cutscene that takes 400 hours. Of course volume is blaring, and you can't open the options menu
  • Dropped into a race, pause the game to lower the volume and adjust settings.
  • Settings menu kinda works, but for some reason the keyboard doesn't switch between tabs, and the dualsense switches multiple at a time
  • Once battle with settings is finished, I got back to the race. Realize that the dualsense doesn't work, despite working in menus. Cool
  • Restart the game, run everything DS4 related again
  • Reopen the game, 400 year cutscene is back
  • Uninstalled
Could be the best racing game of all time for all I care, I sincerely doubt it considering this is literally the worst experience I've had with a brand new AAA game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My story with this piece of trash:
  • Installs, but doesn't let me work without an AMD driver update. Fine, I'll do it
  • I run DS4 as I do for every game
  • Open Forza. Pre-compiling shaders. Cool, I like it
  • Unskippable cutscene that takes 400 hours. Of course volume is blaring, and you can't open the options menu
  • Dropped into a race, pause the game to lower the volume and adjust settings.
  • Settings menu kinda works, but for some reason the keyboard doesn't switch between tabs, and the dualsense switches multiple at a time
  • Once battle with settings is finished, I got back to the race. Realize that the dualsense doesn't work, despite working in menus. Cool
  • Restart the game, run everything DS4 related again
  • Reopen the game, 400 year cutscene is back
  • Uninstalled
Could be the best racing game of all time for all I care, I sincerely doubt it considering this is literally the worst experience I've had with a brand new AAA game.
Damn! Tht sucks.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
At least wi-fi rush was not worked on for 5 years by a AAA studio! so it's not a flop, they didn't waste that much money on it.
Yeah, like a game like Lies of P will make their money and then some bcus the budget was not crazy but the game ended up being pleasantly good and looking good. Too many big budgeted, bloated games.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, like a game like Lies of P will make their money and then some bcus the budget was not crazy but the game ended up being pleasantly good and looking good. Too many big budgeted, bloated games.
For every AAA game there are about a 1000 indie titles out there, a lot of really good ones.

But like AAA, most of them are not very good, when they aren't complete garbage.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For every AAA game there are about a 1000 indie titles out there, a lot of really good ones.

But like AAA, most of them are not very good, when they aren't complete garbage.
Yeah and then there are AA type games like Lies of P. There definitely can be a solid middle ground that can have great results.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I haven't gotten rid of my XSX just yet, so I downloaded this game to check it out. Man does it blow. It's so arcade-y it's embarrassing and it is plainly evident the moment you start racing. The game has un-skippable cut scenes all throughout the beginning too.

I think the graphics are fine, but could definitely pass as a PS4 pro or X1X game.

I just think the actual gameplay doesn't feel right at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Even DF Rich and Alex are calling out Turn 10 in the pre release bullshit.

They showed a game that doesn’t exists until the launch… it is not just downgrades but graphic feature wise it was all bullshit lies.

What is happening? lol
I'm telling you, there is a point where the lies can't be defended anymore, calling people out on their shillness for his Philness was going to eventually get to them... Especially as MS is failing in the console market, this will become too costly (in terms of reputational damage) to keep shilling too openly for them.

So, at this point in time, anything remotely positive for xbox is shilling in my view and it needs to be called out for what it is, we have the receipts

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For the sake of the fans of the studio's Microsoft is acquiring I hope they right their ship even though we know thts doubtful. It'll be sad to see some of those ips live in a field of mediocrity.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
bUiLt FrOm tHe gROunD Up
phil-spencer-xbox.gif