ok, now i want Sony to release a launcher on PC

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023
it will be benefitial for us, it'll make it easier fos us to drop the console and move to PC eventually, if our digital library is there (or at least part of it), our friends, our PS Plus subscription, our PS Stars collectibles and complete support for Dualsense and eventually PSVR2 (like Sony already mentioned), it will be literally a better PlayStation without the limits of the console and without the paywall for online gaming
ps-full.jpg

65d1874ac3179df4b2a3bf8bed00fe3d.png

c382cd5b5b8e6c7a67ee5a8e5821358f.jpg

efd5d51e57178ffd3bac72e14fa9e29a.png

original-c5a57f02c39bb3e1353b584dfc775ff0.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023
if they really do it, hopefully they integrate the maximum amount of third party games they can, so games like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc have versions for the PS PC Store with trophies of their own and cross-buy

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
it will be benefitial for us, it'll make it easier to drop the console and move to PC eventually, if our digital library is there (or at least part of it), our friends, our PS Plus subscription, our PS Stars collectibles and complete support for Dualsense and eventually PSVR2 (like Sony already mentioned), it will be literally a better PlayStation without the limits of the console and without the paywall for online gaming
ps-full.jpg

65d1874ac3179df4b2a3bf8bed00fe3d.png

c382cd5b5b8e6c7a67ee5a8e5821358f.jpg

efd5d51e57178ffd3bac72e14fa9e29a.png

original-c5a57f02c39bb3e1353b584dfc775ff0.png
Why would they have to drop the console?

Why can't we have both?

I am fifty years of now. I do not want to sit at a PC to play games, nor do I want to pay double or triple the price for a system to do so.

Mention getting rid of consoles again and you will force me to act, don't make me ban @JAHGamer to set an example.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023
Why would they have to drop the console?

Why can't we have both?

I am fifty years of now. I do not want to sit at a PC to play games, nor do I want to pay double or triple the price for a system to do so.

Mention getting rid of consoles again and you will force me to act, don't make me ban @JAHGamer to set an example.
i'm talking about me, a launcher would make it easier for me to drop the console, they'll continue to have both but i won't be sticking to their hardware anymore cause i already have a great gaming PC

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I would never drop the console, but the dying boomer pop who won't budge from PC can easily be milked by a new launcher to compete with Steam.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023
You did say

US

Peace
xxxx
well, a lot of people in this site don't agree with their new vision, people that already have a gaming PC and bought a PlayStation for exclusive content, expecting to receive great exclusive games that can be only played on the console, and now they're reconsidering their permanance on the playstation hardware space, so when i say us, i mean the people that will end up not purchasing a PS6 due to these moves and will just continue upgrading their PCs

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023
I would never drop the console, but the dying boomer pop who won't budge from PC can easily be milked by a new launcher to compete with Steam.
if they offer me a great launcher, i would since i play on my desk, on a 4k monitor and i already have a gaming PC with an RTX 4070 on it, and i use the PC for a lot of other things, not only gaming, seems like that's the path for me

Reactions: Neversummer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Most launchers have failed and they’re all jumping to support steam now.

You would think it doesn’t matter much but storefront tribalism exists on a platform that can support them all. Pc players would still rather buy a game full price on steam than sub to windows gamespass for that same game.

So competing against steam doesn’t seem like a wise move at all whatsoever. Rather… embrace it.

My issue is that steam users now will get psn support, cross-save, trophies and voice channels when console users deal with an additional paywall to play online. Plus needs a major rework to fix this. I’d choose to give up the monthly freebies for sure if that was the case.

I don’t see “cross-buy” as a reasonable expectation at all tho. No way Sony, devs, storefronts and hardware makers will be so generous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

27 Jun 2023

You would think it doesn’t matter much but storefront tribalism exists on a platform that can support them all. Pc players would still rather buy a game full price on steam than sub to windows gamespass for that same game.

So competing against steam doesn’t seem like a wise move at all whatsoever. Rather… embrace it.

My issue is that steam users now will get psn support, cross-save, trophies and voice channels when console users deal with an additional paywall to play online. Plus needs a major rework to fix this. I’d choose to give up the monthly freebies for sure if that was the case.

I don’t see “cross-buy” as a reasonable expectation at all tho. No way Sony, devs, storefronts and hardware makers will be so generous.
cross-buy was mentioned in the Spiderman PC files, they need a launcher because of Ps Plus, they already have a PS Plus app on Windows but the games are Cloud-Only, now with so many ports of their games, they need to offer a native Ps Plus version for PC, just like GamePass, so they need an app, like the Xbox app

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
if they offer me a great launcher, i would since i play on my desk, on a 4k monitor and i already have a gaming PC with an RTX 4070 on it, and i use the PC for a lot of other things, not only gaming, seems like that's the path for me
PS console should become more then just a gaming device Sony should really evolve PS more into a mobile device a “portable PC” is essentially what mobile phones are.

PS6 being a hybrid handheld dives w touch screen capabilities & more

PS6 not just being a gaming device but now supports 3rd party apps just like iOS. This will bring more games from mobile to the PS platform & storefront.

PS6 now giving you the consumer the ability to make call acting as a replacement for mobile phones. This honestly would make me consider ever buying a new phone device & just using the PS6 the only problem with mobile devices is they can’t play console/pc games but that’s slowly changing w IPhone 15 & with AI would not be surprised in the next 10 years if iPhones can play console/pc games. This would be a massive selling point by buying a PS6 not only get a great gaming & entertainment device but make phone calls & texts. (I would combine Sony mobile division & cut fat, since Sony is looking to increase profit don’t need Sony Mobile when PS hardware is heading more into a mobile future)

Tbh I think in 10 to 15 years PC will hit the same brick wall as traditional console where there stationary. As gaming become more on the go & the ability to take your games natively on the go playing outside your home is a massive selling point. I can be outside a park & take out my phone & put 10 min to play certain games while there nothing going around, enjoy the weather & just turn it off & move on to whatever else I need to do.

I would also have Sony mobile division to create Sony owns safari that can block certain website like MS cloud so that the internet browser is more accessible where now on the PS5 its hidden likely cause of the worry w Cloud.

At a later generation like PS7 I would add a Camera feature that allows you to take picture Sony would then have a mobile phone device that sells 100 million I think it being mobile & having more mobile features can push PS console to surpass 150 million even maybe 200 million & act as a great replacement for iPhone for just $500 maybe pushing $600 (atleast if they don’t kill themself out of the hardware business through all of this port & chasing Xbox “strategy”) Sony can save even more money cutting Sony Bravia phones shedding fat since they don’t sell many & is very niche atleast from what I know from Sony Bravia phone PS console would be Sony new mobile device & take center focus for the Sony corporation. Sony competing against IPhone tbh this is likely the direction Nintendo will take then Sony since PS is following Xbox at becoming more 3rd party which is sad.

Last edited:

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

I think Sony will release a PS PC storefront, it makes sense might aswell have a storefront if your game like helldivers 2 launches on epic & steam Sony can get 100% from consumers who buy it on a PS PC storefront.

To entice users is see PS using exclusive cosmetic to entice users to buy on a PS storefront like Helldivers 2 available on PS, PS PC, Steam & Epic but if you buy the game on a PS storefront either PS console or PS pc storefront you get this exclusive blue armor only available for people who bought the game on a PS storefront.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
cross-buy was mentioned in the Spiderman PC files, they need a launcher because of Ps Plus, they already have a PS Plus app on Windows but the games are Cloud-Only, now with so many ports of their games, they need to offer a native Ps Plus version for PC, just like GamePass, so they need an app, like the Xbox app
Sony really doing everything that backfire on Xbox. How to kill sells, allow someone to buy it on PC for far cheaper then could play it on PS console. Essentially further undermining the PS platform & storefront on there own hardware. At that point why wouldnt you just migrate to PC it’s almost a no brainer leaning heavily into PC becoming the platform that saves you thousands where PS consoles milks you at higher prices. Cross buy will kill sells for PS I don’t see how this would benefit PS outside maybe for multiplayer live service

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony really doing everything that backfire on Xbox. How to kill sells, allow someone to buy it on PC for far cheaper then could play it on PS console. Essentially further undermining the PS platform & storefront on there own hardware. At that point why wouldnt you just migrate to PC it’s almost a no brainer leaning heavily into PC becoming the platform that saves you thousands where PS consoles milks you at higher prices. Cross buy will kill sells for PS I don’t see how this would benefit PS outside maybe for multiplayer live service
You can already do that for third party titles but no one buys software on PC. It's 20:1 console vs PC with PS making up the majority of that 20.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
if they really do it, hopefully they integrate the maximum amount of third party games they can, so games like Resident Evil, Final Fantasy etc have versions for the PS PC Store with trophies of their own and cross-buy
Seriously bro

As someone that's on PS5 and PC I'd kill for this.

PSN is the biggest gaming storefront outside of iOS and Android and yet its only available on console. Kinda mad.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Third parties would never go for this, there is zero incentive for them to do so.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
Please... no one wants another launcher, most people on PC gamers wouldn't switch off Steam. Every launcher has been a disaster and they eventually all brought their games to Steam for a reason.