I want Sony to release a launcher on PC |UP| Sony should buy Valve and turn Steam into PS PC Launcher.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
btw, Steam Deck is a threat to the handheld Sony has in development right now to be released with the PS6, they need to take all of their singleplayer games out of Steam ASAP, hopefully they release this new launcher by the end of the year

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
hope Sony delists all of their singleplayer games off of Steam after they release this new launcher, want to play PlayStation games? become a PlayStation Network member

So you want their games to stop selling on PC? Because that's what will happen if Sony delists their games on Steam.

Reactions: Yuniac
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
So you want their games to stop selling on PC? Because that's what will happen if Sony delists their games on Steam.
their games will continue to sell, but on PSN where they control and get 100% of the sales, Steam can't have that amount of power

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
and btw, my experience with Ubisoft's launcher has been superior comparing to Steam

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
their games will continue to sell, but on PSN where they control and get 100% of the sales, Steam can't have that amount of power

PC players mostly don't care about PSN. The whole point of PS games on PC is reaching an audience that doesn't care about Playstation.

Playstation is simply yet another publisher on Steam. If PS removes their games from Steam, PC players will simply not care about Playstation. PC has managed to grow great without Playstation.

Sony needs Valve more than Valve needs Sony

Playstation games are not the unicorns this forum thinks they are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
PC players mostly don't care about PSN. The whole point of PS games on PC is reaching an audience that doesn't care about Playstation.

Playstation is simply yet another publisher on Steam. If PS removes their games from Steam, PC players will simply not care about Playstation. PC has managed to grow great without Playstation.

Sony needs Valve more than Valve needs Steam.

Playstation games are not the unicorns this forum thinks they are.
if you think you'll live in a future where PlayStation singleplayer games go day and date to Steam, you're clearly living in an utopian future

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
these PC dudes are WAY worse and WAY more hypocritical than the console warriors they claim to be the most toxic individuals in the industry, it's ok to cap for Steam and refuse to use any other launcher simply because they're fanboys and love to swallow Gabe Newel's cum, but it's not ok for console players to express valid and cohesive concerns about the future of the brand in which they invest hundreds of dollars every year, make it make sense

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
if you think you'll live in a future where PlayStation singleplayer games go day and date to Steam, you're clearly living in an utopian future

10 years you could say the same thing about Playstation SP games being released on PC at all. People exploded when Quantic Dream announced their games for PC and it wasn't 1st party games even.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
10 years you could say the same thing about Playstation SP games being released on PC at all. People exploded when Quantic Dream announced their games for PC and it wasn't 1st party games even.
all this noise and you guys don't even buy these singleplayer playstation games, the best selling playstation game on PC is Horizon Zero Dawn, 3 million units sold in 4 years, majority of the sales heavly discounted at 10 dollars, Returnal sold what? 200k on Steam? it's simply not sustainable long term, atp it's just better to do it the ubisoft or Epic way

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
you guys are 10000x worse than console warriors
Steam provides an incredibly strong platform, filled to the brim with features that make our gaming life easier. Regional prices, great store features, social features and communities, discounts everywhere, and much more. What's not to like? literally no downside for Steam users. Millions of people are loyal to Steam and have their libraries there, Steam keeps growing year after year because it's great, not because it blackmails developers into "We will publish your game but you gonna have to put it on our store only" (Like pathetic Epic store)

It's not a weird idea to like and admire a platform that likes and admires gamers and puts gamers first. Gaben's philosophy and Steam's have always been gamers first, developers second (and even then, developers have so many tools and resources on the platform, so just to clarify "developers second" isn't a dunk on developers or saying Steam does anything to hinder them selling their games), and I am a gamer, not a developer, I support the platform that supports me, and Steam has my money and support. :)

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
Epic can't even get the bigger games like Palworld, Helldivers 2, Elden Ring, Baldurs Gate 3, Sons of the Forest, Lethal Company etc. onto their store.

Epic is not a serious store. They are barely functional.
The thing is, Epic can't even get a functioning Store together let alone big games. No sane developer would want to put their game there over Steam, they only do it because Epic pays them. That says it all lol

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Steam provides an incredibly strong platform, filled to the brim with features that make our gaming life easier. Regional prices, great store features, social features and communities, discounts everywhere, and much more. What's not to like? literally no downside for Steam users. Millions of people are loyal to Steam and have their libraries there, Steam keeps growing year after year because it's great, not because it blackmails developers into "We will publish your game but you gonna have to put it on our store only" (Like pathetic Epic store)

It's not a weird idea to like and admire a platform that likes and admires gamers and puts gamers first. Gaben's philosophy and Steam's have always been gamers first, developers second (and even then, developers have so many tools and resources on the platform, so just to clarify "developers second" isn't a dunk on developers or saying Steam does anything to hinder them selling their games), and I am a gamer, not a developer, I support the platform that supports me, and Steam has my money and support. :)
PlayStation consoles provides an incredibly strong platform, filled to the brim with features that make our gaming life easier. Regional prices, great store features, social features and communities, discounts everywhere, and much more. What's not to like? literally no downside for PlayStation users. Millions of people are loyal to PlayStation and have their libraries there, PlayStation keeps growing year after year because it's great, not because it blackmails developers into "We will publish your game but you gonna have to put it on our store only" (Like pathetic Xbox)

It's not a weird idea to like and admire a platform that likes and admires gamers and puts gamers first. Kutaragi's philosophy and PlayStation's have always been gamers first, developers second (and even then, developers have so many tools and resources on the platform, so just to clarify "developers second" isn't a dunk on developers or saying PlayStation does anything to hinder them selling their games), and I am a gamer, not a developer, I support the platform that supports me, and PlayStation has my money and support. :)

• brain
Reactions: Yuniac

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
PlayStation consoles provides an incredibly strong platform, filled to the brim with features that make our gaming life easier. Regional prices, great store features, social features and communities, discounts everywhere, and much more. What's not to like? literally no downside for PlayStation users. Millions of people are loyal to PlayStation and have their libraries there, PlayStation keeps growing year after year because it's great, not because it blackmails developers into "We will publish your game but you gonna have to put it on our store only" (Like pathetic Xbox)

It's not a weird idea to like and admire a platform that likes and admires gamers and puts gamers first. Kutaragi's philosophy and PlayStation's have always been gamers first, developers second (and even then, developers have so many tools and resources on the platform, so just to clarify "developers second" isn't a dunk on developers or saying Steam does anything to hinder them selling their games), and I am a gamer, not a developer, I support the platform that supports me, and PlayStation has my money and support. :)
Yeah, and you are totally free to support and use Playstation if you like, I don't get what's your issue. you were the one lying about Steam having no features and being a glorified web page or whatever, and I had to explain to you how it's way more than that. But I didn't say anything bad about PlayStation or anything.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

literally if anyone in the PlayStation community wrote any type of text like this they would be mocked by PC players on social media and youtube videos, called Console Peasants and have cringe crying memes with PlayStation caps on their heads, you guys are literally the most hypocritical type of gamers we have in this industry, period, only your likes and tastes are valid, the fact that there's millions out there that prefer PlayStation trophies, user interface, games, controllers and network make you guys feel bothered and uncofortable

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
all this noise and you guys don't even buy these singleplayer playstation games, the best selling playstation game on PC is Horizon Zero Dawn, 3 million units sold in 4 years, majority of the sales heavly discounted at 10 dollars, Returnal sold what? 200k on Steam? it's simply not sustainable long term, atp it's just better to do it the ubisoft or Epic way

The classic "Steam users don't even buy games" I think this is where I'm done replying to you. If a gaming platform's users didn't buy games it wouldn't have continued to exist for 20+ years. "Just better to do it the Epic way" which is giving free games to lure users in and after all that, they still can't get anyone to use their store seriously. Lol

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
literally if anyone in the PlayStation community wrote any type of text like this they would be mocked by PC players on social media and youtube videos, called Console Peasants and have cringe crying memes with PlayStation caps on their heads, you guys are literally the most hypocritical type of gamers we have in this industry, period, only your likes and tastes are valid, the fact that there's millions out there that prefer PlayStation trophies, user interface, games, controllers and network make you guys feel bothered and uncofortable
Again, I said nothing bad or good about PlayStation, whatsoever. Bringing imaginary hate from people outside this conversation is irrelevant, I can do the same, but what does that do? I'm only interested in facts about the PC gaming market. Use and play on what you like, dude. But don't lie to yourself and think any PC store is better than Steam, it's just how it is.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yeah, and you are totally free to support and use Playstation if you like, I don't get what's your issue. you were the one lying about Steam having no features and being a glorified web page or whatever, and I had to explain to you how it's way more than that. But I didn't say anything bad about PlayStation or anything.
my issue is the hypocrisy, that's all, i know about millions of console players that support and have more than one console at home, being PlayStation, Nintendo, or PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox, but you guys refuse to use anything that's not Steam while y'all go out on social media call other people peasants, fanboys, toxic and that type of shit, i know the type of people u are, probably subscribed to youtube channels like Alex and Fritanga