I want Sony to release a launcher on PC |UP| Sony should buy Valve and turn Steam into PS PC Launcher.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
my issue is the hypocrisy, that's all, i know about millions of console players that support and have more than one console at home, being PlayStation, Nintendo, or PlayStation, Nintendo and Xbox, but you guys refuse to use anything that's not Steam while y'all go out on social media call other people peasants, fanboys, toxic and that type of shit, i know the type of people u are, probably subscribed to youtube channels like Alex and Fritanga
Who's Alex and who's Fritanga? damn, you are salty "I know the type of people u are" xD.

I never called you a peasant, or anyone here. You are just imagining things and trying to use them to frame me as some evil PC gamer

Yes, we only play on Steam because we are PC GAMERS and Steam is our best option, genius. Keep playing on whatever console you like, or come to Steam too, you are welcome.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The classic "Steam users don't even buy games" I think this is where I'm done replying to you. If a gaming platform's users didn't buy games it wouldn't have continued to exist for 20+ years. "Just better to do it the Epic way" which is giving free games to lure users in and after all that, they still can't get anyone to use their store seriously. Lol
i'm using actual data provided by PlayStation themselfs, Horizon Zero Dawn sold 3 million units IN A WEEK on PSN, it took 4 years for it to reach that mark on Steam, Returnal sold more than 1M on PS5, 200k on Steam, all you guys do is talk and make noise, but that serves for nothing if you don't actually buy the games, you know a vast majority pirate these singleplayer "one and done" games on PC and only buy them on Steam with heavy discounts where the publishers barely make anything at all, the only game that has been a great success from PlayStation Studios on PC so far is Helldivers 2, a Live Service game that can't be pirated and played online without an actual purchase, that's why in the opinion of many in this site, porting singleplayer games to PC and Steam, even after 2 years is madness

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Who's Alex and who's Fritanga? damn, you are salty "I know the type of people u are" xD.

I never called you a peasant, or anyone here. You are just imagining things and trying to use them to frame me as some evil PC gamer

Yes, we only play on Steam because we are PC GAMERS and Steam is our best option, genius. Keep playing on whatever console you like, or come to Steam too, you are welcome.
yeah, you're more hypocrite than i thought

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Please keep it clean, people.

Thank you.

dusting GIF

Reactions: Yuniac

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
PC players mostly don't care about PSN. The whole point of PS games on PC is reaching an audience that doesn't care about Playstation.

Playstation is simply yet another publisher on Steam. If PS removes their games from Steam, PC players will simply not care about Playstation. PC has managed to grow great without Playstation.

Sony needs Valve more than Valve needs Sony

Playstation games are not the unicorns this forum thinks they are.
You are absolutely right! For most Steam users, Sony games are just video games coming from some publisher (and a different platform), yes they are a bit more special because they used to be PS's exclusive before but if they stop bringing them to Steam, life would continue as usual. Sony needs Valve more than Valve needs Sony, that's so true.

Sony keeps bringing their games to Steam to sell them, it's just business, man.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
You are absolutely right! For most Steam users, Sony games are just video games coming from some publisher (and a different platform), yes they are a bit more special because they used to be PS's exclusive before but if they stop bringing them to Steam, life would continue as usual. Sony needs Valve more than Valve needs Sony, that's so true.

Sony keeps bringing their games to Steam to sell them, it's just business, man.
Sony needs Valve... sure.. they surely need the 190k copies they sold with Returnal and the 50k copies they sold with Sackboy

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
all this noise and you guys don't even buy these singleplayer playstation games, the best selling playstation game on PC is Horizon Zero Dawn, 3 million units sold in 4 years, majority of the sales heavly discounted at 10 dollars, Returnal sold what? 200k on Steam? it's simply not sustainable long term, atp it's just better to do it the ubisoft or Epic way

And if those games were exclusive to a PS launcher maybe Returnal would have reached 5k copies. What's better, 200k+ copies with a 70-80% cut of 5k copies with 95% cut (5% cut for payment providers and such).

Reactions: Yuniac

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
PlayStation consoles provides an incredibly strong platform, filled to the brim with features that make our gaming life easier. Regional prices, great store features, social features and communities, discounts everywhere, and much more. What's not to like? literally no downside for PlayStation users. Millions of people are loyal to PlayStation and have their libraries there, PlayStation keeps growing year after year because it's great, not because it blackmails developers into "We will publish your game but you gonna have to put it on our store only" (Like pathetic Xbox)

It's not a weird idea to like and admire a platform that likes and admires gamers and puts gamers first. Kutaragi's philosophy and PlayStation's have always been gamers first, developers second (and even then, developers have so many tools and resources on the platform, so just to clarify "developers second" isn't a dunk on developers or saying PlayStation does anything to hinder them selling their games), and I am a gamer, not a developer, I support the platform that supports me, and PlayStation has my money and support. :)

What store features, "brim with features" are you talking about? I see even PS console owners disliking the PS Store.

Payed online, subscription services that keeps increasing in price, terrible game discovery, no gifting, a review system that gives the worst games out there 3/5 stars.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
And if those games were exclusive to a PS launcher maybe Returnal would have reached 5k copies. What's better, 200k+ copies with a 70-80% cut of 5k copies with 95% cut (5% cut for payment providers and such).
> It's simply not sustainable long term

Been going for over 20 years...

Yes, Steam takes a 30% cut, but it's their platform, their store, their choice. And more importantly, they invest that money back into the platform and other stuff (such as Steam deck), etc. And... they charge you 30% but they also allow you to reach the biggest PC audience ever. Which means you are bound to sell more.

Dude every 3rd party launcher has either shut down or moved their games to Steam eventually, that's all the evidence you need if you are honest about this whole argument.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
What store features, "brim with features" are you talking about? I see even PS console owners disliking the PS Store.

Payed online, subscription services that keeps increasing in price, terrible game discovery, no gifting, a review system that gives the worst games out there 3/5 stars.
I got a PS5 recently and wanted to gift a dear friend of mine Dark Souls 1, he only plays on PlayStation, but oops, no gifting System. Also, the first thing I had to do after buying the thing was to pay more for an online subscription. lol

This whole time I didn't want to say anything about console-only players, but you guys really should look into PC maybe with the ultimate freedom there.

I don't think there's any use talking to the OP about this though, as his mind is made up already. But not only that, he thinks Epic Store and Ubisoft are better than Steam, lol

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
If they wanna sell games on PC, they need Valve, if they don't wanna sell games on PC, they don't need Valve. It's very simple.
They don't need to sell their first party exclusives that exist to make their own platform appealing on a competing platform such as PC.

Whoever made that decision long ago is a moron.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
They don't need to sell their first party exclusives that exist to make their own platform appealing on a competing platform such as PC.

Whoever made that decision long ago is a moron.

Probably someone or some people who realized Sony is a company that wanted more money, then calculated and found out that releasing games on Steam made them more money, so they started doing it.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I mean, it doesn't have to involve emotions... I assure you, to Sony it's dead-simple business. We either put our games on PC and sell more, or we don't. What do you think the corporation is going to choose?
If they have a platform of their own that competes with PC (as consoles do), they should not compromise the thing that differenciates their platform - their exclusives.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Probably someone or some people who realized Sony is a company that wanted more money, then calculated and found out that releasing games on Steam made them more money, so they started doing it.
The amount of money made now on Steam is pennies compared to the long term damage on their own platform brand - and this is without factoring in rampant piracy.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Also, the first thing I had to do after buying the thing was to pay more for an online subscription. lol

This whole time I didn't want to say anything about console-only players, but you guys really should look into PC maybe with the ultimate freedom there.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
howlongtobeat.com
If they have a platform of their own that competes with PC (as consoles do), they should not compromise the thing that differenciates their platform - their exclusives.
Yeah maybe, but I honestly don't know. To me, it's more games available on Steam to buy, that's all. Is it kind of a weak move for the fans who stuck with them? to see those exclusives somewhere else? Maybe. But business realities are like that.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
No thanks, I don't want another games store\launcher on my PC.

See I have Steam for my actual library... I use Epic for the free games (they get something interesting from time to time) and MS forces the windows store in their OS and the gamepass garbage (is it separate from the windows store?).

I have older Ubi games that partially rely on their own uby play garbage.
Then there are the older xbl for windows games that I can't play anymore.

I keep using Steam because this is the most likely to last for a long time and it works.
The windows store can't handle games properly.
Epic is unsure (it may take, who knows).

So no way.