I want Sony to release a launcher on PC |UP| Sony should buy Valve and turn Steam into PS PC Launcher.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
Sony definitely needs his own Tatsumi Kimishima. People who don't know this legend: He singlehandedly fixed a broken Nintendo and turned them into the successful company of today. He took over the lead, after Satoru Iwata's death death in 2015. Sony needs to appoint their own Japanese CEO, who will be their Kimishima. A leadership of this caliber would put an end to all this modern PlayStation nonsense. He would end PC ports and cut the woke part of the company.

I'm all for cutting out the woke part of the company, but keep PC ports, more money for Sony, after all :)

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
How do you mean? wouldn't more people buy Sony's games on PC? such as myself. Why would it be less money?
First party game sales has never been where the money is at… PC gamers are really narrow minded, or just disingenuous.

Reactions: Johnic

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
250 000 HFW sales, bruh! Amazing111!1!!

Seriously, for all the talk about wanting PS games on PC, they sure don't sell a lot. Not only that but each subsequent game sells less. How's that possible?
Even if these games sold amazingly (they don’t), it’s still a dumb move by Sony.

@Yuniac There’s a reason why Valve rarely ever makes games anymore.

Being a platform owner>>> being a video game publisher. These

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Even if these games sold amazingly (they don’t), it’s still a dumb move by Sony.

that's why the only way it makes sense is to release games on a PlayStation Launcher, not on Steam, Epic or GOG, these are competing storefronts to PS Store

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
250 000 HFW sales, bruh! Amazing111!1!!

Seriously, for all the talk about wanting PS games on PC, they sure don't sell a lot. Not only that but each subsequent game sells less. How's that possible?
That actually goes for all SP games. Every 3rd Party game never have sold more than 100k - 350k on PC. Like a Dragon 7, Persona 3 R, Final Fantasy games all flopped. Pretty sure FFXVI will have Pretty low numbers too.

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
First party game sales has never been where the money is at… PC gamers are really narrow minded, or just disingenuous.
So can you actually tell me how does Sony lose money by selling their games on PC or not?

It seems to me Sony fanboys really can't answer the simplest of questions. Yesterday the guy with the Steam gifts imaginary problems and now you

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024

That has nothing to do with why Valve doesn't make games. They don't make games because... they are Valve. That's how they roll.

Maybe... just maybe people don't want to play Horizon open-world copy-paste game? IDK what's in it for you, if they release it on PC, it's sales no matter how little, it's money for Sony. Why does that bother you?

Yuniac

15 Apr 2024
that's why the only way it makes sense is to release games on a PlayStation Launcher, not on Steam, Epic or GOG, these are competing storefronts to PS Store

I think it's quite delusional to think Sony releasing their launcher would mean they would sell more games or appeal more to gamers to install and use their launcher vs just using already existing Steam.

How many times has it happened that a 3rd party launcher shut down or moved their games to Steam? PS games aren't that special dude, nor is Sony.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024

They will be lucky to sell a few thousand copies of Demons Souls on the PS Launcher. A PS launcher will be absolute shit in every way.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PC ports = less money though

Sony reports say PC ports = more money, both from PC and from console

I think it's quite delusional to think Sony releasing their launcher would mean they would sell more games or appeal more to gamers to install and use their launcher vs just using already existing Steam.

How many times has it happened that a 3rd party launcher shut down or moved their games to Steam? PS games aren't that special dude, nor is Sony.

The difference is that unlike the other ones Sony already has an active userbase of 123M MAU in their consoles, a huge 3rd party support in their storefront and a huge catalog of games spanning many generations.

If Sony makes their store and launcher a seamless extension of the console PSN, featuring cross-buy, cross-save, cross-play, cloud gaming, remote play, shared trophies, shared friendlists, etc. as they did between their consoles then that store and launcher will be way more appealing to many 3rd parties and players.

And well, Sony is the distant market leader in console plus in FY22 was the top 20 publisher in Steam (in FY23 must have been higher, and specially will be way higher in FY24). So yes, they are special.

That has nothing to do with why Valve doesn't make games. They don't make games because... they are Valve. That's how they roll.

Valve is focused on the Steam ecosystem, but they also make games. As an example, CS2 is the top game in Steam right now.

I said my opinion that kids don't need gifting on gaming stores.
How are you going to gift a friend in another country, genius?

Some years for Christmas I gifted my little cousin PSN gift cards with PSN credit and PS Plus subs that she can use to buy the PSN games or addons she prefers. You can also buy any PS physical game in a store like Amazon and ship it as a gift to anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
That actually goes for all SP games. Every 3rd Party game never have sold more than 100k - 350k on PC. Like a Dragon 7, Persona 3 R, Final Fantasy games all flopped. Pretty sure FFXVI will have Pretty low numbers too.

This isn't true. Baldur's Gate 3 has sold millions on Steam. I'm pretty sure Hades sold at least 1 million on PC, same with Witcher 3. I do agree with the idea that PCMR overstate the platform's role in sales of a lot of AAA 3P games (particularly Japanese ones), but it's incorrect to say every 3P SP game has been a flop on PC, too.

Especially when I just named 3 examples where they sold at least one million on PC alone.

Look at how he constantly promotes Steam/PC. He hasn't mentioned PlayStation even once

That was the goal from the start; clever/subtle undermining of PlayStation consoles by promoting the PC versions.

But I don't blame Ybarra for this whatsoever; it's 100% Sony's problem they created on their own. All this does is just dilute the potential value of a PS5 Pro, too. That Sony might be holding back on new 1P reveals just to push the Pro is in a way rather sad IMO, especially if the plan for PC ports hasn't changed at all or will just lead to Day 1 for non-GAAS titles too.

Because at that point you're just obfuscating the truth from your most loyal customers just to sell them on something they ultimately might not even need.

Reactions: Puff