Only 33% of Xbox Wo Long players have beaten the first boss - TrueAchievements

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I’ve said this many many times before, GP is changing how people consume games and how they view it.
It is scary when you put in perspective that if we want good games, those cost money and uses talent.

All I see is games becoming smaller, simpler and losing creativity.
Also to be fair I was surprised Wo-long reviewing so well. It is a strip down Nioh game with worse graphics and poorly optimized for PC.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I’ve said this many many times before, GP is changing how people consume games and how they view it.
It is scary when you put in perspective that if we want good games, those cost money and uses talent.

All I see is games becoming smaller, simpler and losing creativity.
Also to be fair I was surprised Wo-long reviewing so well. It is a strip down Nioh game with worse graphics and poorly optimized for PC.
I don’t think it is, outside the Xbox ecosystem. PS, pc and Nintendo gamers are still buying games. Xbox gamers historically never bought lots of them and now are buying even less.

Reactions: Zeroing

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I don’t think it is, outside the Xbox ecosystem. PS, pc and Nintendo gamers are still buying games. Xbox gamers historically never bought lots of them and now are buying even less.
I agree but historically MS set some really odd trends that slowly those became normalized on the industry.

This coming from a gaming industry where is averse to new ideas and it’s focus is on quick ways to make faster money.
If MS keeps focusing and funding quantity things will take a impact in quality.

It’s the Netflix effect.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This reminds me I just got Nioh 2 on PSplus. Need to get to that next.

I think calling it souls-like does a bit of disservice. I only played Nioh 1 but the game’s level design was very… simple to put it lightly. It was driven by its combat and its loot system.

So it’s far more combat driven with tons of options. I’m sure it’s evolved a ton since then but for hardcore action gamers it might serve them better.