OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Our own @AshHunter216 just joined Era 😭

I'm sad reading this because I know he's talking about us 😭

Post in thread 'PlayStation Studios |OT42| Hot Bot Summer' https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot42-hot-bot-summer.894603/post-124566798

Hello Playstation OT!

I've been lurking on different internet gaming forums for quite a while now and have decided to join one where the conversation is slightly more "measured'. Gaming seems to be in a really weird place right now in general, but I want to focus on the playstation side of things. Just based on what I've seen on some other forums and twitter communities, the announcement of a Switch version of Lego Horizon Adventures has sparked a very negative and worried reaction among the hardcore Playstation community similar to what Project Lattitude has done to the hardcore Xbox community. I personally think the Lego horizon announcement isn't necessarily indicative of a greater trend for Playstation, though I've seen several who believe that this is the end for Playstation as we know it and that it is on its way to becoming the next Sega.

In my opinion, I think this take is hyperbole brought on by somne "SonyToo" talking points, but I'd be lying if I said Sony hasn't been moving in a way that makes me nervous and that feels disconnected from their core audience. The most recent Not-E3 season further illustrates how unsatisfying Sony's marketing has been with regards to their content. I think many people felt like the meme of Squidward watching Spongebob and Patrick playing outside with all their shiny new first party announcements while they're stuck inside wondering what in the world is taking playstation so long to have a proper meaty showcase. I understand that AAA games take a long time to makie, but a lot of people aren't willing to wait that long and will have moved on to other platforms by the time Sony's teams decide they're finally ready to talk. I would almost prefer the approach of announcing everything super early because it at least feels like we're getting some kind of updates and meaningful communication rather than being left in the dark and ridiculed by other fan bases for not having a roadmap of the future.

But I'd like to know what people here think and get a general vibe check and some more insight. Other playstation communities seem so bitter and hopeless right now.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Post in thread 'PlayStation Studios |OT42| Hot Bot Summer' https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot42-hot-bot-summer.894603/post-124566798
He was a decent chap, RIP

Coffin Dancing GIF

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
  • sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

'One last note - I didn’t see any women or femme-coded characters in the demo, and I was able to confirm from Game Science that there were none present in the section of the game presented to the press. There will be women in the final game, but for now it is impossible to really comment on whether or not Game Science developers’ expressed beliefs permeate Black Myth: Wukong in a meaningful way.'
They've got that at the bottom of the article 🤣

• Surprised
Reactions: Cool hand luke
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

'One last note - I didn’t see any women or femme-coded characters in the demo, and I was able to confirm from Game Science that there were none present in the section of the game presented to the press. There will be women in the final game, but for now it is impossible to really comment on whether or not Game Science developers’ expressed beliefs permeate Black Myth: Wukong in a meaningful way.'
They've got that at the bottom of the article 🤣

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

If someone wants to join another forum, leave them off. It is only if they are insulting to forums they used to dwell without a valid reason I'd be annoyed. Judging by the post, it's a poster I'd rather not lose but that's life.

If they come back, that's great. If not, I wish them well otherwise. I have an account on GAF, it shouldn't matter a damn. I'd leave any forum if I was asked to close my other accounts.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
If someone wants to join another forum, leave them off. It is only if they are insulting to forums they used to dwell without a valid reason I'd be annoyed. Judging by the post, it's a poster I'd rather not lose but that's life.

If they come back, that's great. If not, I wish them well otherwise. I have an account on GAF, it shouldn't matter a damn. I'd leave any forum if I was asked to close my other accounts.
Da fuck you doing outside of GAF or did you get banned as well!? (If you dont remember me by name, I was with you in the Robocop topics raving about it :p)

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Da fuck you doing outside of GAF or did you get banned as well!? (If you dont remember me by name, I was with you in the Robocop topics raving about it :p)
I've been here a while. I didnt know here existed and signed up the same day I found out. I'm still active in both.

Last edited: