PCMR in all their glory already laughing "Playstation games doesnt have drm lol it can be crack within 3 hours after release" und niktek latest short

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
you posted this for @Nhomnhom didn't you

but honestly, paying for the game on steam is just more convenient. these dipshits jumping through all the hoops to pirate these games probably never would've bought them if they hadn't been crackable

• haha
Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

but honestly, paying for the game on steam is just more convenient. these dipshits jumping through all the hoops to pirate these games probably never would've bought them if they hadn't been crackable
Yeah I've not pirated a single game since 2011-12 .... You know... when I started working :p

24 Jun 2022
I kinda just don't care anymore. SIE created this situation and at least when Xbox was going through this mess, Phil Spencer whispered sweet little lies to the Xbox diehards to string them along before gently ripping the band-aid off.

SIE don't even care enough to do that much; seems they'd rather cower away and let increasingly divisive parts of the fanbase squabble online to maintain the optics of "all as usual" through obfuscation strengthened by an eerie silence.

And that's what is really messing things up now: the optics. I am not against them bringing many GAAS titles to PC, mobile, or even other consoles. I am not against them bringing some AAA and AA games to PC & mobile. I'm not even inherently against them using other consoles for a few remasters & collections of legacy games. What I am against are the optics where their "showing" seems to be prioritizing PC rather than their own console when it comes to what matters most: 1P support. And IMO, being incredibly stingy with discussing roadmaps of 1P.

The optics of them having certain 3P exclusives basically kneecapping sales on console by mentioning other versions even before the console one's launched (FF XVI & Rebirth), then wondering why sales might be underperforming and then letting these narratives of "exclusivity is bad!" take hold with no control over that narrative or rebuffing it. The optics of them having ported all but a handful of current-gen 1P titles to PC or other consoles even before the Pro has released, and one of their very few actual exclusives left for console being Destruction All-Stars, a literally dead game.

The optics that somehow SIE, the one part of Sony bringing in the most money and the most successful overall in terms of market performance, branding etc. is the one made out like it's the least responsible and has to "tighten the belt", meanwhile Sony Pictures, which has wasted tons of money, might be spearheading a $10 billion joint acquisition of Paramount? There are other things as well, but I just wanted to fire off a few real quick.

So I'm not even fussed with PC dudes acting like this, because SIE invited it. If they want to set the record straight as to their direction going forward, they can easily do so. Whatever that direction actually is. I'd obviously prefer one over the other because I wrote a giant thread about it (though since then, I'd maybe replace priority of a PSVR3 generation with a handheld/portable "mini-PS6" or whatever, as one example), but either way I'd just have more respect if the band-aid were ripped off and whatever direction things are going forward were communicated plainly.

At least then I'd feel my time is being respected.

Reactions: rofif

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't care enough to fake it, but I knew this is the treatment Sony single player games would get on PC. This is not a revelation to me, any place where PC players can speak openly they'll quickly convert into talking about piracy and hating on PlayStation.

The average PC player will pirate a PlayStation game release full priced on PC and will think they are justified to do so because it's evil Sony doing it (they always find an excuse to pirate this types of games).

Contrary to what you are suggesting there are no hoops to jump, all these game are one click away and are far more accessible than your average emulator(that many PC player will list as one of the benefits of PC). What Sony is doing is completely insane, they are going out of their way to expose their games to piracy in exchange for a %70 cut of pitiful sales.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I kinda just don't care anymore. SIE created this situation and at least when Xbox was going through this mess, Phil Spencer whispered sweet little lies to the Xbox diehards to string them along before gently ripping the band-aid off.

SIE don't even care enough to do that much; seems they'd rather cower away and let increasingly divisive parts of the fanbase squabble online to maintain the optics of "all as usual" through obfuscation strengthened by an eerie silence.

And that's what is really messing things up now: the optics. I am not against them bringing many GAAS titles to PC, mobile, or even other consoles. I am not against them bringing some AAA and AA games to PC & mobile. I'm not even inherently against them using other consoles for a few remasters & collections of legacy games. What I am against are the optics where their "showing" seems to be prioritizing PC rather than their own console when it comes to what matters most: 1P support. And IMO, being incredibly stingy with discussing roadmaps of 1P.

The optics of them having certain 3P exclusives basically kneecapping sales on console by mentioning other versions even before the console one's launched (FF XVI & Rebirth), then wondering why sales might be underperforming and then letting these narratives of "exclusivity is bad!" take hold with no control over that narrative or rebuffing it. The optics of them having ported all but a handful of current-gen 1P titles to PC or other consoles even before the Pro has released, and one of their very few actual exclusives left for console being Destruction All-Stars, a literally dead game.

The optics that somehow SIE, the one part of Sony bringing in the most money and the most successful overall in terms of market performance, branding etc. is the one made out like it's the least responsible and has to "tighten the belt", meanwhile Sony Pictures, which has wasted tons of money, might be spearheading a $10 billion joint acquisition of Paramount? There are other things as well, but I just wanted to fire off a few real quick.

So I'm not even fussed with PC dudes acting like this, because SIE invited it. If they want to set the record straight as to their direction going forward, they can easily do so. Whatever that direction actually is. I'd obviously prefer one over the other because I wrote a giant thread about it (though since then, I'd maybe replace priority of a PSVR3 generation with a handheld/portable "mini-PS6" or whatever, as one example), but either way I'd just have more respect if the band-aid were ripped off and whatever direction things are going forward were communicated plainly.

At least then I'd feel my time is being respected.
The optics are all in your head and in terminally online discourse. It's shaped by Xbot refugees on PC.

The cold, harsh reality is that PC is a dying platform. AAA software doesn't sell. It can save no one. Consoles are the lifeblood of AAA and with Xbox gone, that leaves only PlayStation.

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The optics are all in your head and in terminally online discourse. It's shaped by Xbot refugees on PC.

The cold, harsh reality is that PC is a dying platform. AAA software doesn't sell. It can save no one. Consoles are the lifeblood of AAA and with Xbox gone, that leaves only PlayStation.
and nintendo!
You think really pc is a dying platform? The only hint of that I noticed (besides me personally loosing all interest in pc gaming) is how little peripherals like cases, mice and keyboards get released. Like.... logitech releases 1 gaming mouse every year or two. It used to be 2 a month lol

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
and nintendo!
You think really pc is a dying platform? The only hint of that I noticed (besides me personally loosing all interest in pc gaming) is how little peripherals like cases, mice and keyboards get released. Like.... logitech releases 1 gaming mouse every year or two. It used to be 2 a month lol
The other 'hint' is the cratering sales. 2023 was a bellwether year for demonstrating consoles' continuing hegemony and PC's precipitous decline.

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob and rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That's how salty some people are about their console 'exclusive' coming to PC, lol.
Salty or not, it's a bad business decision in a long term and we will suffer for it with less good games in the future