Persona 3: Reload: Opening Movie Trailer Released

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It looks good, but that title focusing on Xbox is really disingenuous. I had to do a google search to ensure it's coming out on PS. I'll probably buy this (on sale or used) because I am a huge Persona fan, but this focus on MS moneybags is very off-putting. Though it's probably also annoying to the game developers who simply want to reach as many customers as possible.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It looks good, but that title focusing on Xbox is really disingenuous. I had to do a google search to ensure it's coming out on PS. I'll probably buy this (on sale or used) because I am a huge Persona fan, but this focus on MS moneybags is very off-putting. Though it's probably also annoying to the game developers who simply want to reach as many customers as possible.
That has to be the most obnoxious titling i've ever seen..."Persona 3 Reload — Opening Movie | Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC"

They even emphasized that it's WINDOWS PC, and not just PC 😒

Sega needs to get a grip

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Microsoft is desperately trying to pretend the game isn't coming to Playstation and steam.

Anyone who is into gaming enough to find and watch that video is savvy enough to follow-up on where it's releasing - it's the typical, counter-productive stuff I expect from MS at this point. What disappoints me is Sega leadership obviously signed off on this while ignoring that it wasn't Xbox fans who made the Persona series as popular as it is. Still, I feel for the people who are impacted by their stupid decisions. I doubt Atlus, for example, has any choice in this.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Too bad I won't support Xbox or publishers that go out of their way to support Xbox.

When it releases I'll see if I can scam another Gamepass trial, if not I'll just wait till it's on PS+ or dirt cheap.

Anyone who is into gaming enough to find and watch that video is savvy enough to follow-up on where it's releasing - it's the typical, counter-productive stuff I expect from MS at this point. What disappoints me is Sega leadership obviously signed off on this while ignoring that it wasn't Xbox fans who made the Persona series as popular as it is. Still, I feel for the people who are impacted by their stupid decisions. I doubt Atlus, for example, has any choice in this.
This stuff works to some degree, might not work the way MS wants tho. A bunch of people will go around thinking this game isn't on PlayStation even if the vast majority wouldn't buy the game anyway, will piss a lot of people off too since the vast majority of the audience is on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Reactions: laynelane and Box

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Not buying any of these games since they’re not on PS5.

Fuck you Sega.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
This stuff works to some degree, might not work the way MS wants tho. A bunch of people will go around thinking this game isn't on PlayStation even if the vast majority wouldn't buy the game anyway, will piss a lot of people off too since the vast majority of the audience is on PlayStation.

Given the timing of when this started with MS and Sega, I suspect their agreement was made when Xbox wasn't doing as bad as it is now. Now that we're seeing just how much PS5 is outselling the Series consoles and the stagnation of Game Pass is unchanging, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is experiencing some regret. Not that I have any sympathy for them. The developers are most likely blameless, but the greedy execs who made this deal with MS are the main reason I won't buy Sega games on release any more. Used or deep sale only for me.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Not buying any of these games since they’re not on PS5.

Fuck you Sega.

This game is on PS5. If you go to the pre-order page listed on the video, it's on PS4 and PS5. Steam too. The geniuses in charge of Sega made a deal with MS. That deal is why we're seeing a failing console brand get priority and misleading advertising on Sega games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Given the timing of when this started with MS and Sega, I suspect their agreement was made when Xbox wasn't doing as bad as it is now. Now that we're seeing just how much PS5 is outselling the Series consoles and the stagnation of Game Pass is unchanging, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is experiencing some regret. Not that I have any sympathy for them. The developers are most likely blameless, but the greedy execs who made this deal with MS are the main reason I won't buy Sega games on release any more. Used or deep sale only for me.
Goes to show how much Sega doesn't get it, it was always clear PS5 would smoke the Xbox series. I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is also taking all the wrong lessons from this instead of realizing they chose the wrong partner and bet on the wrong plataform.

I see very little buzz for these Persona games compared with when PlayStation was promoting them.

Reactions: laynelane

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m just gonna wait for Metaphor for my next “persona” fix but having not played this and seeing how nice the facelift looks… it’s tempting.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
This game is on PS5. If you go to the pre-order page listed on the video, it's on PS4 and PS5. Steam too. The geniuses in charge of Sega made a deal with MS. That deal is why we're seeing a failing console brand get priority and misleading advertising on Sega games.

There is no PS5 version of Persona games or their new IP. It’s not in any of the marketing.

Sega doesn't want the fanbase’s money that built up Atlus’s games for decades.

Reactions: Box

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I see very little buzz for these Persona games compared with when PlayStation was promoting them.

Personally, I'm not that excited or even interested. Playing pretend with MS about the availability of this title on PS and Steam is one reason. The other is they've been releasing a little too much Persona - remasters, reloads, spin-offs, etc. It's not a good sign for the health of the IP in the long run if they over saturate the market like this. It's apparent Sega is chasing the easiest money possible - making deals with MS and Persona everything are just two signs of that. And since the people making decisions at Sega are morons, it doesn't make me happy that they are the ones handling some of my favourite IPs.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There is no PS5 version of Persona games or their new IP. It’s not in any of the marketing.

Sega doesn't want the fanbase’s money that built up Atlus’s games for decades.
There are PlayStation versions of both. The marketing is just extremely aggressive towards MS to the point where they hide mention of the existence of PlayStation version in most material.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I guarantee one of these flop or underperform. I think Sony shouldve really leaned into gran blue fantasy to sort of counter [P3R

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It's on their own website for this game.

There are PlayStation versions of both. The marketing is just extremely aggressive towards MS to the point where they hide mention of the existence of PlayStation version in most material.

It’s not in the marketing videos. It’s not coming to PS5. I don’t know anything about any website.

As a long time Altus fan. I’m disappointed they are disrespecting the loyal PlayStation fanbase in favor of a console that doesn’t buy Japanese games.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It’s not in the marketing videos. It’s not coming to PS5. I don’t know anything about any website.

As a long time Altus fan. I’m disappointed they are disrespecting the loyal PlayStation fanbase in favor of a console that doesn’t buy Japanese games.
Lol are you serious? There's marketing on the PS channel as well. At least do the research before you meltdown. It's annoying how chummy they are with Xbox but they ARE still releasing everything on PlayStation.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Personally, I'm not that excited or even interested. Playing pretend with MS about the availability of this title on PS and Steam is one reason. The other is they've been releasing a little too much Persona - remasters, reloads, spin-offs, etc. It's not a good sign for the health of the IP in the long run if they over saturate the market like this. It's apparent Sega is chasing the easiest money possible - making deals with MS and Persona everything are just two signs of that. And since the people making decisions at Sega are morons, it doesn't make me happy that they are the ones handling some of my favourite IPs.
I don't care for any of the spin-offs and never even replayed P5 to see what they added in Royal, my original playthrough time was like 120hs.

P3 remake if good does interest me tho, but I won't support it.