Persona 3 remake and new Jet Set Radio game footage appears online

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

While we cannot verify the footage itself, Gematsu understands that a Persona 3 remake has been in development at ATLUS for several years. Again, the authenticity of the footage itself is unclear, but Gematsu understands that a Persona 3 remake is planned at the very least.
The reel is reportedly from 2021, showcasing in-development footage of the two alleged unannounced titles, as well as the currently available Sonic Frontiers. The “Caterpillar” enemy showcased in the footage has a different move set in the final game, but the footage matches with concept artwork from the Sonic Frontiers Digital Art Book.
The Jet Set Radio footage is in line with alleged artwork of a new Jet Set Radio reportedly leaked through a SEGA survey back in 2022. Back in April 2022, Bloomberg reported that SEGA was developing “big-budget” reboots of its Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi franchises.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Jet set radio and crazy taxi are meant to be GAAS games

disappointed come on GIF

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I wouldn't mind a Persona 3 Remake. I still have it on PS3, but it would be good to play an updated version since it's one of my favourite games. Not gonna watch the leaked footage, though. I'd rather wait for official word and trailers.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Don't really care about jet set radio, but I'd be down to play a remake of persona 3. Out of the modern trilogy, its aged the worse.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
So is this real?

I’m down for Jet Set Radio in any form. What I would like to see is a JSRF re-release but that might be stuck on Xbox.

Of course Crazy Taxi as well but I’m totally fine with a simple port of the original game too.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjet Set Raaaaaddddiiiio!!!
Day 1 if true. One of my favourites. Sega knew how to do a soundtrack

Would love JSRF and 3rdgame too

24 Jun 2022
and isn't there a rumor that Jet Set is a live service game?

They may have (hopefully) retooled it after Nagoshi left, though I would still expect it (and Crazy Taxi) to have some multiplayer online component to them and probably MTX items you can buy like cosmetic stickers and tags.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Looks like P3 Remake will be announced at the Xbox event, going by the person who first leaked it.

S0xF7Dj.png

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Atlus have lost their minds
This is the same trajectory as Yakuza for Xbox.
I wouldn't be surprised if P3 is not even on GP.

I wouldn't really say "Atlus have lost their minds yet"

I think MS probably got bamboozled with this deal lol

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Looks like P3 Remake will be announced at the Xbox event, going by the person who first leaked it.

S0xF7Dj.png

If that ends up true, hey, that's a nice coup for Microsoft. They need a big announcement like that, wonder if the Jet Set Radio remake also gets revealed there.

But it also makes me think for sure then Sony has marketing rights on Persona 6 at the very least. Would be interesting in any case, Sony with Persona 6 and Microsoft with Persona 3 Remake. Given Sega's "strategic partnership" with the Azure team this is one of those perks I felt would end up dripping over to the Xbox side of things.

Also won't be surprised if each game is timed exclusive to their respective platforms, either.

You can always count on Sega to kill their own brand and kill their sales by announcing it at the Flop show of a flop console.

I think what they're doing is Persona 6 exclusive (at least timed) to PS5 and Persona 3 Remake having marketing rights with Xbox in some way. Dunno if P3R would be a timed exclusive to Xbox but this is Atlus, SMT5 is still exclusive to the Switch after all :/.

For now I'd probably just accept the scenario that PS5 is getting P6 as a timed exclusive, PS5 & Xbox Series getting P3R but Microsoft probably snagging a Game Pass deal for P3R and possibly marketing rights outside of Japan & Asia (Sony would probably get marketing rights in those territories because of common sense).

I'd be surprised if MS in any way got P3R as a timed exclusive and if so that would probably kill a lot of the hype for the game outside of America. That's just me looking into the reality that JRPGs don't have a big audience on Xbox, especially smaller (in comparison to FF and Dragon Quest) franchises like Persona. But anything could happen I suppose.

Last edited: