Persona 3 remake and new Jet Set Radio game footage appears online

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Atlus have lost their minds

Sega's been really chummy with Xbox lately, but I doubt the remake skips Playstation.

I wouldnt be surprised. Sega is in bed with MS it seems. Yakuza and Persona have always been on Playstation only until recently. Yakuza 7 got a timed exclusive next gen version on Xbox. and Persona got alot of hype on Xbox recently.

They better come to PS….

Also Jet Set Radio better come too lol

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If that ends up true, hey, that's a nice coup for Microsoft. They need a big announcement like that, wonder if the Jet Set Radio remake also gets revealed there.

But it also makes me think for sure then Sony has marketing rights on Persona 6 at the very least. Would be interesting in any case, Sony with Persona 6 and Microsoft with Persona 3 Remake. Given Sega's "strategic partnership" with the Azure team this is one of those perks I felt would end up dripping over to the Xbox side of things.

Also won't be surprised if each game is timed exclusive to their respective platforms, either.

I think what they're doing is Persona 6 exclusive (at least timed) to PS5 and Persona 3 Remake having marketing rights with Xbox in some way. Dunno if P3R would be a timed exclusive to Xbox but this is Atlus, SMT5 is still exclusive to the Switch after all :/.

For now I'd probably just accept the scenario that PS5 is getting P6 as a timed exclusive, PS5 & Xbox Series getting P3R but Microsoft probably snagging a Game Pass deal for P3R and possibly marketing rights outside of Japan & Asia (Sony would probably get marketing rights in those territories because of common sense).

I'd be surprised if MS in any way got P3R as a timed exclusive and if so that would probably kill a lot of the hype for the game outside of America. That's just me looking into the reality that JRPGs don't have a big audience on Xbox, especially smaller (in comparison to FF and Dragon Quest) franchises like Persona. But anything could happen I suppose.
Imagine what a failure… ms paying for persona marketing only for the game sell on ps5. 😂
And this shows how MS has its priorities wrong. They’re focused on stealing Sony’s userbase.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The only thing that could make this even better is if it's announced as a day 1 game pass release.

:love:
And it’ll be played only by ps folks on ps consoles… sega is pretty dumb to neglect their fanbase like this. 🤷🏻‍♂
But I doubt this will happen since persona is relatively big on Japan.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And it’ll be played only by ps folks on ps consoles… sega is pretty dumb to neglect their fanbase like this. 🤷🏻‍♂

Will be dirty of Sega if they don’t release on PS. As Persona was born and has always been centric to Playstation. Just like Yakuza

24 Jun 2022
Another rumor says that Persona 6 might actually be Playstation exclusive.

Already got people in the ResetERA thread crying about it being a PS5 exclusive. Half of them only started playing the games when P5R came to Game Pass. They better pray MS got a Game Pass deal for P3 Remake because if not then we already know at least 80% of the ones complaining but only played P5R in Game Pass, won't bother to actually buy P3R whatsoever.

Just holding out hope it comes to Game Pass to play it for "free".

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Already got people in the ResetERA thread crying about it being a PS5 exclusive. Half of them only started playing the games when P5R came to Game Pass. They better pray MS got a Game Pass deal for P3 Remake because if not then we already know at least 80% of the ones complaining but only played P5R in Game Pass, won't bother to actually buy P3R whatsoever.

Don't forget the nintendo fanboys

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

There’s no reason for Atlus to make a game for Xbox unless ms pays them to it because it will flop on that platform. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
and isn't there a rumor that Jet Set is a live service game?
Sega said in their finantial reports that they want to bring back several classic IPs in different ways, sometimes developed by others sometimes by them, sometimes small games sometimes as big AAA games, as remakes or as new entries, also as emulated games in collections or for BC digital catalog, etc.

They also mentioned that want to develop new AAA IPs that would be 'super games' with a GaaS focuse.

Sega also said they wanted to focus on multiplatform and push their localization efforts (in the past they didn't localize to languages like Spanish Yakuza or Persona games).

So yes, make sure Jet Set Radio is coming some day. But don't expect it to be exclusive, and same goes with Persona games. At least not a full exclusive, maximum maybe a timed console exclusive.

Reactions: Bryank75

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

The game being on game pass wouldn't effect the PS folks then, no one should have any issues with it.

Glad we're cool on that (y)

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge