Pete Hines "Retiring"...

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
F8kQ7rHbMAAiyyM

24 Jun 2022
Playstation should scoop him up for a new studio.

You finally said something reasonable xD.

He might have some strong insight on WRPGs that could be helpful for certain Sony 1P that want to venture more fully into that genre type, or to help Sony solidify partnerships or M&A strategies of WRPG developers like CDPR or Larian.

It's just a bit funny that both him and Bobby Kotick are out, but the worst CEO among the three (Phil Spencer) is trucking along just fine. Nepotism in some form, at its finest.

Make me wonder why Phil Spender still hold the job

At this point it has to be some form of nepotism. He must have some really strong bonds with Satya, Smith and/or members of Microsoft's BoD, because his position seems ironclad.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You finally said something reasonable xD.

He might have some strong insight on WRPGs that could be helpful for certain Sony 1P that want to venture more fully into that genre type, or to help Sony solidify partnerships or M&A strategies of WRPG developers like CDPR or Larian.

It's just a bit funny that both him and Bobby Kotick are out, but the worst CEO among the three (Phil Spencer) is trucking along just fine. Nepotism in some form, at its finest.

I agree, Sony should hire him as head of PR... he should have full reign to hire and fire and restructure the PR team. Cause Sony PR is a mess, very underwhelming.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I agree, Sony should hire him as head of PR... he should have full reign to hire and fire and restructure the PR team. Cause Sony PR is a mess, very underwhelming.
Not sure you are joking or not...

I remembered seeing FFXVI ad, in ECL final this year. Sony got marketing deals with them so they marketed for SE as well.

Their comunication with fans are bad, but promotions wise they are probably top dog.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
master scammer. but you can't scam the scammer master of xbox. one knows another one :)