Phantom Blade Zero [OT] Year of the Dragon” special trailer: Rain and Blood |UP| Added videos and screenshots. A playable demo will release this year.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Actual gameplay, Im impressed. After Stellar Blade I’ll give this a try day 1

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I’m convinced there just HAS to be better ways to troll that’s actually fun and clever

Question 2: Explain whether if the combat we saw was actual combat and how does the combat works on the different controllers (Phone, PC, Console)
Yes, all combat scenes are captured in-engine, they are real. But we set a more “cinematic” camera to capture the trailer footage, some angles are specially set.
The actual game will have a stable camera with larger view scope. The combat will look much clearer, but less impactful as it is in the trailer(or it’ll be too dizzying).
“Combo Chain” is a system we have been developed for 10 years, in mobile games for most of the time, but we found it work on all kinds of controllers just fine. Players will edit their skill orders in 2 chains, and simply press the 2 bottoms to release super complex and fast combos. This makes everyone’s gameplay look like a professional twitcher of DMC or Ninja Gaiden. But there are still depth in how to organize the skill order, and other timing related skills(parry, dodge, etc).

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
It looks fantastic.
if you like motion blurred slideshows, sure

EDIT: ah I see that it was only the live state of play feed that made everything look like a slideshow

imagine making all your games look like trash by showing them on a terrible 30 FPS live stream

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Phantom blade Zero Hands-on

Combat looks absoulutely incredible, the parrying the edge mechanic, super excited for this onone.

Imo combat looks a little floaty and weightless, and the hitboxes and attack animations seem a little janky. Hope it gets a demo

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Imo combat looks a little floaty and weightless, and the hitboxes and attack animations seem a little janky. Hope it gets a demo
Really? I thought it looked absolutely awesome, the hit boxes were on point.

I recommend watching it on YouTube full-screen with 1080p.

Combat & Map looks insanely good, in my opinion.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Let's hope they don't pull some bullshit like always online or physical with only half the game on disc, as it looks pretty good.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
curiosity GIF