Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
ErKfV5r7_o.jpg

Interesting emails exchanges. It shows that if the opportunity prestended itself, Microsoft & Phil Spencer would immediately go after Nintendo.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
That is disgusting. I hope it blows up and the media talks about this but they probably won't.

Nintendo and Valve are so stupid siding with Microsoft. I just don't understand these dumb companies.
I already did a reply in the other thread. Is there another source for this besides the Jaydub tweet?

Just want to make sure it's not fake before I burn my Phil voodoo doll.

Reactions: toadsage44
OP
OP
Abdizur

Abdizur

Banned
5 Aug 2023
I already did a reply in the other thread. Is there another source for this besides the Jaydub tweet?

Just want to make sure it's not fake before I burn my Phil voodoo doll.
It's from the FTC documents. More news are coming. I'm going to make another thread. Some interesting stuff there.

Reactions: Arminius

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The full document leaked. Era will probably close the thread. The email was to someone named Takeshi Numoto. They bought a lot of Nintendo shares to trigger an acquisition.

They were also buying Warner Brothers at the same time as Zenimax (and Tiktok!).

Link doc

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The full document leaked. Era will probably close the thread. The email was to someone named Takeshi Numoto. They bought a lot of Nintendo shares to trigger an acquisition.

They were also buying Warner Brothers at the same time as Zenimax.

Microsoft old tactics long before Xbox introduction

Trying to buy competition and criple/get rid of rival at the same time

Satanic evil company

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony sees all this and still refuses to protect itself.
They clearly aren't the ones who needs to protect themselves. Microsoft and the Saudi's are both after Nintendo.

And I doubt the Japanese government would protect Nintendo from a buyout / merger the way they would Sony.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
May Phil choke on his morning bagel and never besmirch gaming again.

The arrogance to think it's a good move for Nintendo, the conniving duplicity that's evident in the phrase 'playing the long game', and the narcissism of thinking of an industry-ending acquisition as career-defining. Just die already.

Also, that long game shit is exactly what everyone's been saying about Microsoft. They don't operate like a normal business so regulators need to stop fucking evaluating their proposed acquisitions like they are one.