Phil Spencer says game companies must turn away from dividing players and creators

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Why the hell does Phil Spencer keep getting these awards? Why isn’t Jim or Hermen getting some of these awards?

First question:

Dude is a genius. Millions of consoles and subscriptions sold on promises alone. Kids becoming adults between waiting for an E3 and the next one. A few paid shills here and there, a few media outlets getting free stuff to help spreading his lies, et voilà, he creates an army of not very intelligent people who see him as an idol and repeat his words like a mantra at every occasion FOR FREE!

If this doesn't deserve an award, I don't know what does.

Second question:

Busy making good games.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Frustrated Will Ferrell GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
First tried to understand what he said... failed.
After I tried to see any sense in what he said... failed.
In sequence I tried to read a thread in ERA about the interview... well everybody has no ideia why he said what he said lol

I guess if you have to do crazy mental gymnastics to understand what somebody said then the guy just failed to delivery a message.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Use to encourage it right?

Change of tone from the 360 days when everything was going there way. Im sure if they were doing better they would still encourage it.
Phil also loves to flip flop and change his tone so wouldnt be surprised
Uncle Phil loves to be political safe saying he hates console wars but all his actions just generate more and more console wars.
I never saw a executive that does instigate console warriors more than Uncle Phil.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

Well said Phil. There's a reason you're the peak gaming CEO.
Ha ha. Peak gaming CEO at everything is falling apart......Seems the bad news for MS is only beginning. That Activision merger will not end well...
Does this man have no shame? How can he lie so upfront without feeling guilty?
“Not dividing players” sure after buying one Multi-platform studio after another and on top two huge publishers in a row. Phil Spencer is a fraud.
I know it all too well first hand, some people can do this like it's nothing. I feel bad lying, however, some people can lie to people, axe them the next day and go to sleep like babies....It's actually like a lullaby to them...

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
“We turn away from dividing players and creators, and instead towards each other, as we advance and amplify joy together. This is the echo effect of gaming joy.”

The same company that paid a publisher so that they didn't release a current gen version of a game remaster.

The amount of money these shits spend in astroturfing would be better used in getting games released.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I believe Uncle Phil needs to understand that it is not a cancel culture but a consequence one.
They are just harvesting what they planted.

Maybe if they realize that they will finally move on with Xbox becoming better.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
his reign has literally been the worst of any exec in industry history, with the ONE and Series being two of the worst consoles ever brought to market.

3 years and still not a single killer exclusive for Series consoles. It's a 3do/saturn level disaster.

Phil is AWFUL at his job.

i'm genuinely surprised he's still employed. 10 years of gross incompetence, mismanagement, and fraudulent and downright illegal activity (ABK).

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don’t know but I have the strong feeling this could be Microsoft’s last console generation. They are going to crash very soon. This generation will be more catastrophic than the One generation. If Microsoft manages to sell 50 million consoles they could consider themselves lucky. But I also think the higher ups and mostly the CEO Nadella are for sure not happy about the recent development. Imo it looks like a total crash. All their big games are so far away like 4-5 year or even more. Not a good outlook.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I believe Uncle Phil needs to understand that it is not a cancel culture but a consequence one.
They are just harvesting what they planted.

Maybe if they realize that they will finally move on with Xbox becoming better.
Hogwarts Legacy says hi. Although it getting cancelled is failing miserably.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The shill in era trying to save face,
LMAO.
Adam is MIA.
GAF is in turmoil over this.
This interview is a PR disaster