Phil Spencer says game companies must turn away from dividing players and creators

24 Jun 2022
He's getting cancelled on Era right now. Quick switch to your other account 🤣

I've been having so much fun reading the salt and meltdowns in that thread. They finally got reminded that MS are not their bestest friend ever.

The craziest thing is depending on how you interpret his comments, he isn't even necessarily wrong. But it's unfortunately very poor timing nonetheless because, in reality MS are cancelling the employment of 10,000 employees and more to come up to and including March!

He’s actually being defended over there which does not surprise me.

It's a mix of both, but I've definitely seen a lot of people angrily criticizing him, insulting him etc. for the comments.

The ones defending him are easy to spot because they're usually the same ones cheerleading the acquisition in the ABK thread, for example.

his reign has literally been the worst of any exec in industry history, with the ONE and Series being two of the worst consoles ever brought to market.

3 years and still not a single killer exclusive for Series consoles. It's a 3do/saturn level disaster.

Phil is AWFUL at his job.

i'm genuinely surprised he's still employed. 10 years of gross incompetence, mismanagement, and fraudulent and downright illegal activity (ABK).

Nah, 3DO & Saturn actually had some notable games within their first two years:

-Road Rash
-Need for Speed
-Virtua Fighter 2
-Panzer Dragoon
-Panzer Dragoon Zwei
-Fighters Megamix
-NiGHTS
-Dragon Force
-Dragon Force 2
-Shining the Holy Ark
-Enemy Zero
-Astal

Quite a few of those were big deals when they released and many of them are still worth playing today.

Series S/X have some good games but most of them are either small indies or get outdated with new entries semi-regularly (Forza Motorsport for example). Then they have marquee games like Halo Infinite basically on life support two months after they launch and now in a coma.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
👆

Uncle Phil is a know liar… says what you want to hear but never delivered any of the promises made.

Forever waiting games promises.

I give props up to Xbox fans because it is not a easy gaming life to be one of them.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I’m curious do know what happened with HoloLens that was suppose to be part of Xbox future.

It's probably sitting beside Kinect on a dusty shelf. There is also a big empty box, labeled "Power of the Cloud".

They call the shelf "Lies of P".

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Accepting game awards for bringing "Gaming joy" while laying off 10,000 people.

Load of horseshit.

Phil "Conman" Spencer at it again 🤦🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this dude is really just insufferable. such a lousy used car salesman conman vibe.

he needs to go. ASAP. Just seriously GTFO of gaming, man. Everyone is sick, Phil Conman. This sick joke has gone on long enough.

the dude just won't go away.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The shill in era trying to save face,
LMAO.
Adam is MIA.
GAF is in turmoil over this.
This interview is a PR disaster
Who is Adam?

Phil got his award because he kept selling Xboxes just with his smile and t-shirt, then people bought more series consoles on the promise that they would get first party AAA games on gamepass day and date.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Phil Spencer doing the Eric Bischoff strategy by just carelessly writing bigger and bigger checks with someone else’s money. Bischoff however had some successful ideas.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I’m curious do know what happened with HoloLens that was suppose to be part of Xbox future.
Iirc it demoed a small ass viewing screen, like looking through a cabin port hole, and it was snapped up by US military applications, but never performed up to scratch.

Without using the glasses yet, I assume the idea of HL has been co-opted by other companies.

Screenshot_20230119-132853.png

Reactions: ethomaz