PlayStation 6 Is Planned to Be the Most Powerful Console of Its Gen; Sony Only Considering AMD |UP| Will have handheld & AMD contracts signed.

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
That was for consistency so developers didn’t have to develop multiple control layouts for their games in different regions. Sony isn’t trying to reject their roots in Japan. Sony is Japan.
Sony may be Japan, but PlayStation isn't.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Thanks to mobile gaming, Tencent is far ahead of Microsoft and Sony because, unlike Microsoft and Sony, Tencent knows where the biggest profits are.
That's great, I guess CDProjekt Red, Rockstar, FromSoft etc will focus on mobile games now 😄

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That's great, I guess CDProjekt Red, Rockstar, FromSoft etc will focus on mobile games now 😄
I dont think thats the point, tencent has been aquiring a lot of shares in AAA studios.
Yes Mobile Gaming by itself might not influence AAA games all that much but if these companies keep buying major studios, the money coming from above will be directed torwards Mobile gaming like practices, because these companies care only about what makes the most money.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I dont think thats the point, tencent has been aquiring a lot of shares in AAA studios.
Yes Mobile Gaming by itself might not influence AAA games all that much but if these companies keep buying major studios, the money coming from above will be directed torwards Mobile gaming like practices, because these companies care only about what makes the most money.
That's great, but my point was that most serious gamers aren't interested in mobile games. And it's no surprise when they are totally different in terms of scale, scope, complexity, production values...

If companies want to make mobile games that's up to them. But they are aware there is always going to be a big demand for AAA games.

Reactions: balrogboy