PlayStation 6 Is Planned to Be the Most Powerful Console of Its Gen; Sony Only Considering AMD |UP| Will have handheld & AMD contracts signed.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Its going to be decades before all this damage to the brand is undone, they have destroyed most of the good will with the PlayStation fanbase

Maybe you've accidentally switch Xbox with PlayStation? WTF i'm reading here???

Reactions: Hezekiah

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Have you been living under a rock?
No, I think you've been living too much on the internet. The brand is at an all-time high right now, the damage to the brand that we worry about as PS fans is what we see in the years and decades to come. Although I'm not too sure you're here to discuss things in good faith...your posts always scream "shit-stirrer"

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I don't see any damage to the brand is done and it is losing its fanbase.....at all. But let's switch that to Xbox, yes.

U want to compare it to the xbox? Whats next man the Ouya or google stadia?

Sony's competition is Amazon,Nintendo,Steam,Tencent,Apple gaming and Mobile developers.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No, I think you've been living too much on the internet. The brand is at an all-time high right now, the damage to the brand that we worry about as PS fans is what we see in the years and decades to come. Although I'm not too sure you're here to discuss things in good faith...your posts always scream "shit-stirrer"

PsVR2 has flopped
Most of the Sony PC ports besides Helldivers 2 have underperformed (the numbers are there for everyone to see on Steam)
The ps5 has sold below Sony's expectations this financial year
None of the PlayStation Studios have a game to release by 2026

We can't keep denying reality

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PsVR2 has flopped
Most of the Sony PC ports besides Helldivers 2 have underperformed (the numbers are there for everyone to see on Steam)

-Psvr2 is not core to the playstation brand
-Helldivers 2 is the best selling game of the year beating out mega franchises like cod and fifa, the pc ports situation sucks but everyone already knew it would
-it sold below expectations but is simultaneously the biggest sales year of every playstation since ps2
-that's false

The person who is denying reality is you, who seems to have some sort of agenda. You some sort of engagement farmer?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I can't be the only one to think a straight port of UC and TLOU MP's, released to PC/PS5 as new pair of standalone games, backed with a PS Tournaments push would do wonders for PC/GAAS goals? And I am meaning just dropping the "iso's" onto the PC/PStores, not even needing to add more content (but they obviously should do like a tidy-up relaunch effort for each).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PsVR2 has flopped

Considering most of what you wrote in the post are lies easily debunked with a quick google search yes, you keep denying reality.

I can't be the only one to think a straight port of UC and TLOU MP's, released to PC/PS5 as new pair of standalone games, backed with a PS Tournaments push would do wonders for PC/GAAS goals? And I am meaning just dropping the "iso's" onto the PC/PStores, not even needing to add more content (but they obviously should do like a tidy-up relaunch effort for each).
No, because GaaS requires a certain amount of progression, unlocks, new content and monetization which requires a lot of work.

They already tried it but expanding the concept they had for TLOU2 MP branching it to a standalone GaaS, but ND saw that the effort needed to do it properly was going to be too big and they prefered to keep their resources to make SP games only.

But I think the idea of a TLOU MP GaaS game was good and would be a great success if well done, and same with an Uncharted one. Both games have a huge IP behind with many fans, great visuals and a very fun core gameplay that we saw in their very good MP modes that did work super well in MP.

I'd have included there characters, weapons, stages and songs from all the games of their series or tv/movie adaptations, acting as the only MP mode of the whole series merging everything, and including new content from new games or adaptations of these IPs that could appear in the future.

Seems ND will focus on SP games only a least for a while, so lets hope some very talented MP focused studio gets these projects. As an example, Bungie now has enough people to work in like half a dozen games. Maybe they could lead both to make sure the MP/GaaS/shooter parts are great, with Bluepoint (they did the Nathan Drake Collection remasters) and a new Bend team if they grow enough (they did make the Golden Abbyss game) and like in most Sony games Sony Creative Arts as the 3 main support teams, with ND overviewing the project and providing the assets and source code.

Meanwhile ND would make Uncharted 5, a new SP IP and TLOU3 at the same time to be releasaed this gen, and after them another new SP IP, this time for PS6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Plextorage

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
U want to compare it to the xbox? Whats next man the Ouya or google stadia?

Sony's competition is Amazon,Nintendo,Steam,Tencent,Apple gaming and Mobile developers.

Looks like you are comparing it to Xbox, yes

PsVR2 has flopped

Maybe. But it was selling faster than PSVR 1 in first 2 months. That is all we know

HD2 is a GAAS game as Sony said before GAAS games will be day 1 on PC. I don't see porting to PC sucks. Game would sell worse without PC version.

Was there a financial report for the whole year??

False. Marathon is one of the game for the 2025.

You are denying reality and living in delusional world, yes

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
I would prefer the next PlayStation to use Nvidia architecture for ray-tracing and DLSS, because Nvidia has the best ray-tracing in games.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Update 4/18

2 months ago, Moore's Law Is Dead revealed that Sony has signed a contract with AMD for the PS6 and for a handheld version of the console, as you can see in the video below, starting at minute 13:30

if Sony signed a contract for the PS6 and for this handheld at the same time like he's mentioning, this means that PS6 will be released with 2 SKUs day one, 1 less powerful SKU for handheld and 1 very powerful SKU for console, he even mentions that Sony can probably also sell a weaker console with the same specs as the handheld, cheaper, like Microsoft did this gen with the Series S, so you would have a PS6, PS6 Lite (less poweful console, same specs as handheld) and PS6 Handheld

Hopefully the rumors are true

Instead of porting PlayStation exclusives to PC. A handheld would help expand the overall ecosystem.

Famitsu sales Week 15 (April 08 - April 14)
PS5 - 20,941
Xbox Series - 2,616

Xbox SX is still selling well every week in Japan. Over 2600 this past week. A xbox handheld could become a real threat to PlayStation in Japan. We better be prepared with tissues.

Last edited:

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Hopefully the rumors are true

Instead of porting PlayStation exclusives to PC. A handheld would help expand the overall ecosystem.

Xbox SX is still selling well every week in Japan. Over 2600 this past week. A xbox handheld could become a real threat to PlayStation in Japan. We better be prepared with tissues.

Home consoles will never be more popular in Japan. A clear example of this is the PlayStation, as the number of PlayStation units sold in Japan is falling year after year. The PlayStation 4 failed to outsell the PS3 in Japan, which clearly shows that Sony, as well as Microsoft, need to make a handheld console if they want to promote their brand in Japan. Sony is also to blame for the fact that its games sell very poorly in Japan, because the Japanese people don't really like PlayStation, which has become a "western" company since the PS2 era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I think serious gamers are above caring where others like to play their games....

I do get where the concern about other companies come from, like it or not mobile gaming is going nowhere and it shapes how console and PC gaming works.
Just look at how lootboxes and Microtransactions infected AAA gaming, all of that stuff came from mobile.
Mobile gaming is already worth more than console gaming...because soccer mums and grandparents like playing mickey mouse games on their phone. It's a much wider base.

But ultimately the scale and scope of those games is way off and the extent to which it can impact AAA gaming is limited.

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Mobile gaming is already worth more than console gaming...because soccer mums and grandparents like playing mickey mouse games on their phone. It's a much wider base.

But ultimately the scale and scope of those games is way off and the extent to which it can impact AAA gaming is limited.
Thanks to mobile gaming, Tencent is far ahead of Microsoft and Sony because, unlike Microsoft and Sony, Tencent knows where the biggest profits are.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Sony is also to blame for the fact that its games sell very poorly in Japan, because the Japanese people don't really like PlayStation, which has become a "western" company since the PS2 era.

Do you really think that PS4/5 are selling worse than its predecessors because Sony is somewhat a "western" company?

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Do you really think that PS4/5 are selling worse than its predecessors because Sony is somewhat a "western" company?
I really mean it because the data clearly shows that the number of PlayStation units sold is falling year on year. It would take a miracle for the PlayStation 5 to overtake the PS3 in Japan. PlayStation as a console may be selling well, but PlayStation games are selling very poorly in Japan.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I really mean it because the data clearly shows that the number of PlayStation units sold is falling year on year. It would take a miracle for the PlayStation 5 to overtake the PS3 in Japan. PlayStation as a console may be selling well, but PlayStation games are selling very poorly in Japan.

Apple is a clearly a "western" company, more than a Sony, and it has a over 50% mobile phones marketshare in Japan. So, consoles failing because being a "western" company does not have any sense

Rayman

19 Apr 2024
Apple is a clearly a "western" company, more than a Sony, and it has a over 50% mobile phones marketshare in Japan. So, consoles failing because being a "western" company does not have any sense
Here's another proof why the Japanese people don't really like the PlayStation. With this move, Sony clearly shows that it has rejected its Japanese roots.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Here's another proof why the Japanese people don't really like the PlayStation. With this move, Sony clearly shows that it has rejected its Japanese roots.

That was for consistency so developers didn’t have to develop multiple control layouts for their games in different regions. Sony isn’t trying to reject their roots in Japan. Sony is Japan.