PlayStation AllStars Battle Royale needs to comeback

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Sony owns EVO, since the PS4 gen they introduced a lot of iconic characters to the PlayStation Universe like Aloy, Spiderman, Atreus, Thor, Venom, Deacon, Jin Sakai, Sam Porter, not to mention Cloud Strife, Tifa Lockhart, Barrett, Yuffie, Red XIII, it would be the PERFECT GAAs game and i would support it 100% and buy all Season Pass/Character Pack avaliable

Bkg_homewiki.jpg

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
like c'mon, how can't they see they have the perfect GAAs game on their hands and the power of EVO to make it very successful?

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
i miss the PS3 Sony and i'm not even kidding, PS Home, PS AllStars Battle Royale, Motorstorm, SOCOM 😭

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
LittleBigPlanet Karting... the perfect GAAs fame for MediaMolecule (they'll end up closed if they miss with another game, unfortunately)
811cuQQqjgL.jpg

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh dunno how viable it would actually be. I’d love to be proven wrong but not sure there’s demand for anything like it outside of Smash.

Fighters aren’t exactly doin the best with engagement this gen compared to the bigger live service games. It could just suffer a similar fate to that WB Smash clone… and people liked that game at first. Nor do I think many would choose it over a Smash, Street Fighter, Tekken or MK.

However if this hypothetical sequel or similar attempt is of extraordinary quality that could all change.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Eh dunno how viable it would actually be. I’d love to be proven wrong but not sure there’s demand for anything like it outside of Smash.

Fighters aren’t exactly doin the best with engagement this gen compared to the bigger live service games. It could just suffer a similar fate to that WB Smash clone… and people liked that game at first. Nor do I think many would choose it over a Smash, Street Fighter, Tekken or MK.

However if this hypothetical sequel or similar attempt is of extraordinary quality that could all change.
there is demand for it, look at the latest comments in the trailer (that has more than 4M views btw), it's a 2012 game that is still remembered
WQgf8iX.png

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
don't know

Exactly, there's nobody with the know how to do fighting games that would be readily available.
Japanese game devs are either wayyy too small or too large and have their own fighting game IPs to manage.

You could look at the US, but the landscape has been decimated since the early 2010s.
Double Helix(who did KI 2013+Season 1)was bought by Amazon.
Iron Galaxy(who did KI Season 2-3) and have done the new KI patches recently are possibly working on a new KI.
Radiant Entertainment was bought by Riot in 2016 to make their own fighter.

There's really a ton more GaaS game concepts that SIE would do before doing another game like this, way better return on investment opportunies pretty much everywhere.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I think it's stupid, they are not Nintendo, it's not going to work out for them. If Sony wanted their own fighting games they should've bought Arc System Works.

Maybe they could do something with their anime IPs but the regular PlayStation IPs are just unsuited for this type of game, it's not a good fit.

That image is all you need to look at to knows it's a bad idea.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony tried once and just gave up, it was always a half hearted effort from them

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
i just maybe missing games, the output was insane and quality was great.
& the best thing Sony didn’t devalue, diminished or put the PS brand/identity in a position of possible harm like they are now in where there wall garden is half down while there direct competitor PC/Steam & Nintendo keeps them up w no hint of ever dropping them.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Nixxes, at least they would be useful.
Yuh fr Nixxes could be the next Bluepoint especially now that it looks like Bluepoint will stray away from remakes now working on a new IP atleast from the leaks.

Put Nixxes on a inFAMOUS 1&2 remake, Wild Arms Trilogy remake, Rogue Galaxy Remake, Killzone remake I can keep going on projects that would be easy success & Sony would likely make more $ since Nixxes wouldn’t be devaluing the PS console & instead making new consumer want to buy the console by doubling down the output of first party & or feeding PS consumers w more games to buy from first party in general

Reactions: arvfab

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
I think it's stupid, they are not Nintendo, it's not going to work out for them. If Sony wanted their own fighting games they should've bought Arc System Works.

Maybe they could do something with their anime IPs but the regular PlayStation IPs are just unsuited for this type of game, it's not a good fit.

That image is all you need to look at to knows it's a bad idea.
The problem with the first game it ignored a lot of iconic PS ip like there’s no Wild Arms, Dark Cloud, Legend of Dragoon, Rogue Galaxy, Loco Rico, Gravity Rush, Potopon, Ape Escape Monkeys, Syphon Filter, Demon Souls, side characters like the Sly cooper gang & more & now PS has Bloodborne, GOT, Horizon, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Helldivers & more they can even use characters from Sony owned ip like Breaking Bad, Demon Slayer, The Boys a whole slue of characters. PS allstars had a bunch of random characters & was a huge miss opportunity it came out at the wrong time 2013 just 1 year before PS4 it should’ve been delayed till PS4 & polished more

Sony should’ve bought Arc System Work a long time ago right when they bought EVO back in 2020 & had them working on 2 live service fighters, those being PS Allstars reboot & a 2.5D fighter like Guilty Gear using Demon Slayer or another popular Sony ip a Demon Soul x Bloodborne fighter would be awesome ngl lol

Reactions: Box