Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
GX2-oyLWEAAoMoD

Image fixed removing the punchable retarded idiot:

image.png

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Looking at it more extensively I don't like the subdued grey of the middle part. Think the contrast and look would be greater/cleaner for the console if it was black like the standard ones. Will still try to get it for collection sake.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Unless these are just covers? and ps5 pro is just the normal one ?

Only ps5 pro & ps5 slim limited edition bundles are getting this , the faceplates aren't sold separately

From official blog :

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
  • Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
They missed an opportunity to sell these plates and I can't understand why. Hopefully, they will announce these.

They also should have made the Portal anniversary an OLED and priced it accordingly.

I wonder how many Dual Senses they'll make available. The reality is that they should make this a standard offering moving forward even if they're more expensive.

I hope they'll release an all black version for the PS2 anniversary coming up in March.

25th anniversary... right around the corner.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
The fact they didn't save this announcement for the upcoming state of play means it's gonna be packed with a bunch of other awesome announcements we have all been waiting for right.... right?

Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
They missed an opportunity to sell these plates and I can't understand why. Hopefully, they will announce these.

They also should have made the Portal anniversary an OLED and priced it accordingly.

I wonder how many Dual Senses they'll make available. The reality is that they should make this a standard offering moving forward even if they're more expensive.

I hope they'll release an all black version for the PS2 anniversary coming up in March.

25th anniversary... right around the corner.
That would be very nice... But dunno if they'll do it... But I am happy with what got revealed so far in regards to PlayStation's 30th anniversary! (y)

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
From official blog :

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
  • Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

All that shit and they still don't include the drive.

Sony is really desperate to take the discs away from people.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
With 12,300 units of the Pro sold for a minimum of 1000 dollars a piece, you're looking at 12.3 million dollars.

If they sell them for 1230 dollars 15.129 million dollars.

And that's just for the Pro consoles...

If they sell the standard bundles for 600 dollars and sell 100,000 of these that's 60 million dollars.

They're probably looking at making 100 million dollars on a single day for consoles and peripherals... (revenue) and this doesn't account for the real PS5 Pro launch.

It's going to be a very strong quarter for SIE and when you consider Venom the last dance comes out in October... it should be a pretty strong quarter for Sony collectively.