PlayStation.com adds PC page

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022

Not a lot of new info. Reiterates Uncharted and Miles Morales also coming later this year.

Mentions in the FAQ that “currently“ users don’t need a PSN account to play SIE games on PC.
And that “currently” they don’t support purchases or save transfers between PS4/5 and PC.

So those could be things that change later on.

Will be interesting to see how this all continues.

And apologies to @Bryank75 in advance

• haha
Reactions: Yurinka and Sircaw

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Mentions in the FAQ that “currently“ users don’t need a PSN account to play SIE games on PC.
And that “currently” they don’t support purchases or save transfers between PS4/5 and PC.
This is the right direction imo.
Make PS PC games tied to PSN including trophies, purchases, save transfers, share play, etc.

After create it own PS ecosystem launcher and the PC section in PS Store (probably the easiest part because PS Store already works on PC).

OP
OP
kyliethicc

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
This is the right direction imo.
Make PS PC games tied to PSN including trophies, purchases, save transfers, share play, etc.

After create it own PS ecosystem launcher and the PC section in PS Store (probably the easiest part because PS Store already works on PC).
Not sure if they plan on doing that. They make it sound like they won’t be adding PSN trophies to their PC games.

Sounds like they’re working on adding more into Steam, or maybe a basic launcher.

24 Jun 2022
Not sure if they plan on doing that. They make it sound like they won’t be adding PSN trophies to their PC games.

Sounds like they’re working on adding more into Steam, or maybe a basic launcher.

A PS launcher tied to a storefront, that they can monetize with an ad-supported and PS+/Extra/Premium-supported model, tying in perks across console and PC and maybe some kind of discount on buying PC version of game if you own the console one (and vice-versa), would be a pretty smart move for them. They could treat PC as a virtualized PS platform, in that sense.

I think some things would change with Steam, maybe they get ports later than usual or maybe only certain versions come to Steam and other versions are exclusive to a PS launcher/storefront, but even if they do a full-on launcher/storefront for PC they won't stop putting games on Steam. Some kind of free account feature for Steam versions to sync up game stats and user data for those playing Steam versions just in case.

I mean if they're going to be supporting PC more as time goes on they kind of have to make that big type of presence to try retaining as much vertical integration of the ecosystem under them as possible. Still think a new handheld/portable could fit well into these plans tho.

Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
kyliethicc

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
A PS launcher tied to a storefront, that they can monetize with an ad-supported and PS+/Extra/Premium-supported model, tying in perks across console and PC and maybe some kind of discount on buying PC version of game if you own the console one (and vice-versa), would be a pretty smart move for them. They could treat PC as a virtualized PS platform, in that sense.

I think some things would change with Steam, maybe they get ports later than usual or maybe only certain versions come to Steam and other versions are exclusive to a PS launcher/storefront, but even if they do a full-on launcher/storefront for PC they won't stop putting games on Steam. Some kind of free account feature for Steam versions to sync up game stats and user data for those playing Steam versions just in case.

I mean if they're going to be supporting PC more as time goes on they kind of have to make that big type of presence to try retaining as much vertical integration of the ecosystem under them as possible. Still think a new handheld/portable could fit well into these plans tho.
0% chance of any new Sony portables.

D

Deleted member 51

What other games are coming to PC?
Stay up to date on new announcements on PlayStation's Twitter and Instagram, and check back here to learn more about NEW PlayStation Studios games coming to PC.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Stop baiting
Buckle up salty bitches, PC always wins.

6k767se5akw71.png

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Now add crossbuy, it couls be a solution for their lack o portable.

Buying the same game twice sucks.

24 Jun 2022
0% chance of any new Sony portables.

Don't do this to me. Gotta believe.

Now add crossbuy, it couls be a solution for their lack o portable.

Probably not. Total volume of sales of the ports to PC is already a fraction of what they sell on PlayStation console, crossbuy would likely just eat into a hefty chunk of the PC sales.

It also creates kind of an issue with their PS5 software pricing strategy, since the PC versions definitely won't sell for $70 on Steam. You'd get a metric ton of PS owners buying the PC version (especially for games that are Day 1, which will most likely be some of the live-service titles) instead of the PS5 one, if it means they still get the PS5 one. That might result in more PC sales but it also means less overall revenue for Sony since they have to pay Valve a cut of those sales no matter what.

At most I think they'll provide PC versions to PS5 owners at a slight discount. So say a PS5 1P game gets an eventual port to PC a year or two later and it's $60 on Steam. For those who bought it on PS5, it'll just cost them $50 on Steam, something like that. Gotta keep in mind Sony needs the software profits off game sales way more than Microsoft does, they can't just afford to give a big chunk of that up with a one-time-buy-play-everywhere crossplay strategy. It's not financially viable for their model.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Don't do this to me. Gotta believe.

Probably not. Total volume of sales of the ports to PC is already a fraction of what they sell on PlayStation console, crossbuy would likely just eat into a hefty chunk of the PC sales.

It also creates kind of an issue with their PS5 software pricing strategy, since the PC versions definitely won't sell for $70 on Steam. You'd get a metric ton of PS owners buying the PC version (especially for games that are Day 1, which will most likely be some of the live-service titles) instead of the PS5 one, if it means they still get the PS5 one. That might result in more PC sales but it also means less overall revenue for Sony since they have to pay Valve a cut of those sales no matter what.

At most I think they'll provide PC versions to PS5 owners at a slight discount. So say a PS5 1P game gets an eventual port to PC a year or two later and it's $60 on Steam. For those who bought it on PS5, it'll just cost them $50 on Steam, something like that. Gotta keep in mind Sony needs the software profits off game sales way more than Microsoft does, they can't just afford to give a big chunk of that up with a one-time-buy-play-everywhere crossplay strategy. It's not financially viable for their model.
This Christmas (Hopefully) *Just add a 3 at the end of every time he says PSP

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I keep telling them how it willl damage their main business but the dont listen...

We saw gaming time down, engagement down last quarter, they say they will address it? T
his looks like the opposite of 'addressing it', this looks like further encouraging people away from PS5.

Bu bu bu b b b BUT the data..... (PS analysts can choke on a fat one) everything is too data driven without the proper understanding of how to interpret the information in the context of the bigger picture.

Jim Ryan thinks things like Rumbleverse, Destruction Allstars and Fornite clones along with shoving always online into every game he can is a recipe for success along with giving away every game to PC.... cause it is easy short term money for him. He is the most hopeless CEO, the most out of his depth, the most ignorant and out of touch.... he doesn't understand what a PS gamer is or what we are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.