Playstation Controller future innovations: What innovations would you like to see Sony tackle now with their future controller, possibly for the PS6.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
  • Force feedback in the dual analogs, as they did with adaptative triggers in Dual Sense
  • Some kind of anti drift technology
  • Gaming industry record in lowest latency with normal console games, remote play and cloud gaming
  • Allow it to produce smells
  • Splittable, to use it both as VR controller and to attach it to the sides of a phone or tablet reusing your console gamepad and reduce prices and costs
    • As accesory they'd sell a tablet to put it in the middle and turn it into a next gen PS Portal, which in addition to Remote Play and PS Cloud gaming would also be a standalone PC handheld that would also run the Sony PC games
Haptics and adaptive triggers are great, but barely any games actually make use of them. For every Astro Bot we have a hundred games that pretend these don't even exist.
I love the implementation in Returnal or Helldivers 2

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I would like them to improve the resolution of the touchpad and provide a true keyboard so that you can type quickly. also switch to hall effect sticks or allow us to switch out the stick modules easily like they do on the dualsense edge, i had to perform controller surgery this week on a drifting controller and it's just so much of a pain in the ass

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I would like them to improve the resolution of the touchpad and provide a true keyboard so that you can type quickly. also switch to hall effect sticks or allow us to switch out the stick modules easily like they do on the dualsense edge, i had to perform controller surgery this week on a drifting controller and it's just so much of a pain in the ass
Nice.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Change the big button at the top of the controller and turn it into a small keyboard. Am I doing it right, @flaccidsnake?

I love the PS5 controller. On a serious note, maybe they could add something like a recharge function, where you simply place it on the console.
Damn sircaw I like the recharge idea! Nice, shit all phones have it now, why not?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Damn sircaw I like the recharge idea! Nice, shit all phones have it now, why not?
That's why @Bryank75 pays me the big bucks on this site.

Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

Just so you know, Bryan has promised me and @TubzGaming an exclusive weekend paid for at some high-end place in the UK. He tells me it's the UK equivalent of Vegas, a place called Butlins.

There are shows, rides and top-quality restaurants; Tubzy is hugely excited.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Similar size or a bit little bigger lcd screen, let you do extra things in real time, change settings, or go to specific menu screens etc.

Easier changeable battery and analogs.
A little bit better sound from controller.

I think they struck gold with dualsense, can't see changing much, but customization can be improved 🙂

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's not nice, it's the 3rd dualsense I've gotten that's drifted (4th if you count the one that drifted out of the box and i returned). Not funny. I tried repairing one before and tore the ribbon cables, $70 down the drain lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's not nice, it's the 3rd dualsense I've gotten that's drifted (4th if you count the one that drifted out of the box and i returned). Not funny. I tried repairing one before and tore the ribbon cables, $70 down the drain lol
I also mentioned the stick module solution. Btw I have had since day one two ps5s and haven't had stick drift occur on mines and I game hard but I hear you. "Nice" was in reference to the keyboard and resolution implementation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I remember they said PS5 controller was rumored to have a touch screen on pad that also showed you certain data.

Wing84

7 Feb 2024
Let people use the Portal as a DualSense controller and have an API for developers to utilize the Portal's screen.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
That's why @Bryank75 pays me the big bucks on this site.

Money Cash GIF by Sleeping Giant Media

Just so you know, Bryan has promised me and @TubzGaming an exclusive weekend paid for at some high-end place in the UK. He tells me it's the UK equivalent of Vegas, a place called Butlins.

There are shows, rides and top-quality restaurants; Tubzy is hugely excited.
Butlins in Skegness is definitely like Vegas trust me , you might even get lucky & see Stephen mulhern there 😉

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw