Playstation Controller future innovations: What innovations would you like to see Sony tackle now with their future controller, possibly for the PS6.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It's not nice, it's the 3rd dualsense I've gotten that's drifted (4th if you count the one that drifted out of the box and i returned). Not funny. I tried repairing one before and tore the ribbon cables, $70 down the drain lol
For some reason the touchpad on both my controllers doesn't work properly

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
i hope they go back to using coloured face buttons. They wanted to go all sleek with it making them all white but you lose the functionality of having colours associated with buttons, and it makes on screen prompts harder to parse because you have to carefully read buttons instead of being able to recognize them by colour (compare PS5 and PS4 versions of any fighting game combo trial - the PS4 versions are better)

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
i hope they go back to using coloured face buttons. They wanted to go all sleek with it making them all white but you lose the functionality of having colours associated with buttons, and it makes on screen prompts harder to parse because you have to carefully read buttons instead of being able to recognize them by colour (compare PS5 and PS4 versions of any fighting game combo trial - the PS4 versions are better)
Didn't even realize tht had changed, good point.

Reactions: Nym

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Didn't even realize tht had changed, good point.
Really? It was my first observation. Especially if you play interactive games or where to push buttons, like in older GoW games, Yakuza etc.

Plus, i think, colors in this case gives some charm, just look at buttons when people mods their controllers, like legacy PS1 colors etc..

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym and Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Really? It was my first observation. Especially if you play interactive games or where to push buttons, like in older GoW games, Yakuza etc.

Plus, i think, colors in this case gives some charm, just look at buttons when people mods their controllers, like legacy PS1 colors etc..
I love the colors and customizing so I hear you on tht.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Split the effing controller already for eff sake.

It's a leap in freedom to use the VR2 controllers. I can have my arms where I want, relaxed and still controlling the game, rather than having to have my arms crossed like an effing vampire.

The switch does it, all VR does, why not release at least an option for consoles?
They could easily make use that the VR controllers work on PS5 without VR. Im sure you can play normal games and use VR as a screen like PSVR1 no?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Smell o vision. Picture going through the valley of defilement with it smelling like shit. Or the potential for stellar blade to sell 30M units.
I think there is a company working on smell o vision already lol. Cant remember where I read it, think its for VR

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
They could easily make use that the VR controllers work on PS5 without VR. Im sure you can play normal games and use VR as a screen like PSVR1 no?
You can play flat screen on VR2 but I would like to see a dedicated split controller. Bonus points if they have replaceable battery packs like the Xbox pads. Double bonus points if replacing them is like changing a magazine.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You can play flat screen on VR2 but I would like to see a dedicated split controller. Bonus points if they have replaceable battery packs like the Xbox pads. Double bonus points if replacing them is like changing a magazine.
Love the idea of split controller.

• Shake
Reactions: xollowsob

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So you cant use the PSVR2 controls as a controller for PS5?

I dont want battery packs lol

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
So you cant use the PSVR2 controls as a controller for PS5?

I dont want battery packs lol
Not as far as I am aware.
Battery packs that are easy to change are better than having to connect cables.

I can deal with the cable on the PSVR2 but not on controllers.