PlayStation Games Sales Numbers Leaked (Bloodborne and Days Gone 7.5 million etc)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
TLOU2 pissed of the conservative gaf type crowd, cost the game millions of sales for being too woke. Basically all they needed to do was make Abby's character fimenim and attractive. However, this kind of game is great for Sony's DEI rating so it's worth it and 10 million sales is still pretty good.
TLoU Part 2 pissed off so many groups, there is also the people that can't accept anything bad happening to their hero/role model ("he is literally me!!!"), those that can't separate fictional writing from reality (as if Joel was a real person harmed by Neil Drukman), Xbots obviously, PC master racers mad that a PS4 game looked that good, etc.

Reactions: Umar

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

From two latest gta game gta4 to gta5 the jump is crazy

GTAV is sorta two games. First half of its life pushed by campaign and the latter half driven by its online game.

If Online stays its own thing separate to GTA6 … I dunno. Sales may not actually grow for the traditional numbered campaigns…

I just think it should be noted that GTA Online has been their bottom line and currently IS GTA.

It’s also going to be very interesting to see what they do with GTA Online. I doubt the sequel will be launching alongside gta6. Haven’t heard anyone say anything either… that’s kinda gonna turn into what’s most important

Reactions: Airbus

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
[TLOU 2] Better in every way except the story
Is... gameplay pacing a sub-key of story? Like story dictates the gameplay pieces. Cause that early sprawling open area with Dina and Ellie sucked (Seattle?)

Better in every way except the story... I think this is something TLOU2 lovers and haters can come together on at least.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Is... gameplay pacing a sub-key of story? Like story dictates the gameplay pieces. Cause that early sprawling open area with Dina and Ellie sucked (Seattle?)

Better in every way except the story... I think this is something TLOU2 lovers and haters can come together on at least.
No they can't. I find the story in 2 better.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human are both fantastic, I love them. Sony should have bet in having one studio just producing these kinds of games, away from David Cage. But that would be too logical.
Omg people do agree with me!

I also think Sony should have bought/improved TellTale Games, and buffed out that "PlayLink" series of games like SuperMassive's Hidden Agenda was, where you used phones to join and play on PS4.

The company leftovers and game/engine assets of QD/TT/PlayLink games all put into a melding pot of a new PS Studios or two, could have bolstered Sony's release cadence: a chapter of this, or a new party game through phone-ps over here.

Chop those backloged TT games up into Black Mirror Bandersnatch "Netflix style games", or sign a deal to pair DS4 with Netflix app (it was in that leaked Netflix Shark marketing?), and just throw those types of games onto Netflix wholesale.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
No they can't. I find the story in 2 better.
Aw goddamit lol. I was really trying with the peace and love jazz. Bah humbug.

Like really? Not trolling? Fascinating.

Anyone got any interest in like a big "IE event" of a structured teamed debate? Exempt from bans?

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Vice City is 20 million

slide_6.jpg

Reactions: Danja1187

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Aw goddamit lol. I was really trying with the peace and love jazz. Bah humbug.

Like really? Not trolling? Fascinating.

Anyone got any interest in like a big "IE event" of a structured teamed debate? Exempt from bans?
Yes, not trolling, and I could write an extensive post about it, but really don't feel like it.