PlayStation has locked down exclusivity for all entries in Final Fantasy VII remake trilogy

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The whole Reee thread is fantasising about how the news just means the trilogy will release on the next Xbox. The other shoe STILL hasn't dropped. There is no next Xbox.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Their dumb asses should blame Yamauchi then; he's the one that called JRPG fans social outcasts and rejects (or something to that effect).

Brilliant businessman but easy to see why SquareSoft grew dissatisfied with Nintendo under his reign. But somehow Sony gets the blame. It could've been SEGA if they developed a Saturn that actually appealed to SquareSoft on a technical level (it did not).

People who don't know history are doomed to make themselves look stupid. That goes for gaming, as well.
He said that after FF7 went to PSX. He was just experiencing cognitive dissonance (“I never wanted that anyway!”).

Sony simply had a more attractive offering to developers. Businesses like more freedom and lower costs. Hey we see another big tech company doing something way beyond anything Nintendo ever did currently. Wonder how that’s gonna turn out. 😛

As a general note not addressed to anyone in particular in this thread, I’ve never seen “salty Nintendo fans” still upset about Final Fantasy nearly three decades later. At the same time, I see some folk acting quite fanboyish and tribalistic about PS while denigrating other platforms. I’m a little surprised at the lack of self awareness. Limiting yourself to one platform out of misplaced loyalty only makes things worse for you. Given that, Xbox does still blow chunks.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
That shithole s full of nintedo turds salt. Damn.

Since xbox seems to throwing towel in, its time to concentrate on sore loser nintondo. Starting with cheap handheld which allows to buy on psn and stream games.
They were left alone in Japan for too long.

And buy SE finaly.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
People like to forget Final Fantasy 7 remake was first teased with a tech demo for the PS3. Look how long this relationship has been going. It was a troubled development too, switching devs and restarting the project at one point.

Normies also don’t understand Sony bailed out SquareSoft when they were in the gutter, and they could’ve bought them then but decided to invest in them instead.

FF7 remake as it is doesn’t exist without PlayStation’s involvement and it’s embarrassing to see so many zero clue idiots complaining because a console with a tiny userbase that buys games isn’t getting an handout.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
What is your evidence that day 1 on PC led to lower Xbox sales? An ecosystem that was already selling poorly way before they put their games on PC. Sony games day 1 on PC is a matter of when, not if. It's only a matter of time.
Martin Short Cuckoo GIF by tylaum

Evidence:
ftcms%3A5b73c19b-e4d7-4b3a-93e8-0ad28940f20d

Pretty grim graph for Xbox that it's already peaked.