PlayStation has locked down exclusivity for all entries in Final Fantasy VII remake trilogy

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-platform-exclusive/

Reading between the lines it sounds like Sony will be more dependent on third party exclusives due to the lack of first party?

"
This would not have been possible if "Rebirth" was planned as a multiplatform project, said Final Fantasy franchise producer Yoshinori Kitase. Its development exclusively for the PlayStation 5 made it easier for the team to focus on building a world with diverse geography, indoor and outdoor areas populated with activities, characters friendly and hostile, all seamlessly represented with no "loading screen" interruptions. Developing games for multiple platforms, by contrast, usually creates more work that focuses on porting rather than iterating on a game's design.

"Had it not been on a single platform, the world map would not be seamless, and game design may have had to regress significantly," Kitase told The Washington Post in an interview, through an interpreter. Kitase is the director of the original "Final Fantasy VII" from 1997, as well as many classic projects from publisher and developer Square Enix."-Kitase

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Cant read, era banned me for 3 months because I pointed out its going to cost more then $500 to get PS5 type power out of PC lol
Mods and the users know xbox is cooked in consoles, you'll notice they are pushing PC hard in posts and threads.

They are desperate for people not to move over to playstation.

Problem is the casuals who are on xbox(who are the majority) won't give a shit about pc and will move over to playstation.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Keep dreaming, eksbotz 🤣🤣🤣. Update: Oh God the eksbotz idiots crying in resetera commences now even though it was obvious that all three were exclusives from the beginning early on 🤣🤣🤣.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dabaus

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
More Context from SE:
"
This would not have been possible if "Rebirth" was planned as a multiplatform project, said Final Fantasy franchise producer Yoshinori Kitase. Its development exclusively for the PlayStation 5 made it easier for the team to focus on building a world with diverse geography, indoor and outdoor areas populated with activities, characters friendly and hostile, all seamlessly represented with no "loading screen" interruptions. Developing games for multiple platforms, by contrast, usually creates more work that focuses on porting rather than iterating on a game's design.

"Had it not been on a single platform, the world map would not be seamless, and game design may have had to regress significantly," Kitase told The Washington Post in an interview, through an interpreter. Kitase is the director of the original "Final Fantasy VII" from 1997, as well as many classic projects from publisher and developer Square Enix."-kITASE

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-platform-exclusive/

Reading between the lines it sounds like Sony will be more dependent on third party exclusives due to the lack of first party?
Some of those are not simple moneyhats, leaks showed that Playstation helps a lot with development, sambiotic relationship.

OP
OP
Dabaus

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Some of those are not simple moneyhats, leaks showed that Playstation helps a lot with development, sambiotic relationship.
Absolutely, read the post just above yours for added context from SE. I assume sony not only plays, but also must have Xdev help quite extensively with third party publishers?

Reactions: Shadow2027

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Absolutely, read the post just above yours for added context from SE. I assume sony not only plays, but also must have Xdev help quite extensively with third party publishers?
I have seen it. It is no brainer. We had so many gotys from PS because it was developed for one platform with massive baggage of knowledge about it.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
55 to 22 ps/xboxes. Take into account 75% of xboxes were reported to be series s which is basically a xbox one, would make development extremely difficult and painstaking. Take into account most on xbox wouldn’t buy the game and anyone trying would do so through gamepass makes it easy decision

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
XmGH5gf.png

Just like xbox entitled brats, nintendo entitled brats are just as salty.

OP
OP
Dabaus

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Im glad this is confirmed because i was actually concerned PT3 may go multiplatform dues to development costs rising and part 3 being hampered by the series S. I dont see how they could get the airship working on the Series S unless it was running at like 240p.

It being a PS5 exclusive is the best for the fans because at this point in time, it’s the best hardware to make it on without compromising it.