PlayStation is laying off around 900 people across the world [Discussion]

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
So I exposed your lying and shilling and that makes me an astroturfer? 😂

Please, if I'm an astroturfer, find me a SINGLE thing I've EVER said in regards to PSVR2 that isn't 100% factual, I'll wait. If you can find one, I'll buy you ANY game you want. If I'm an astroturfer, it should be easy to find right?

If you can't, then how is me simply stating the truth being an astroturfer? 😂🤣 Astroturfing would require me to be a liar or be disingenuous, which is something that YOU do, not me 😁
I guess sarcasm is lost on you. Since I was obviously mocking your comment claiming I'm being paid by Xbox 🤣.

Take off the PSVR2 off your head, it's obviously distorting your reality. 😅

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I guess sarcasm is lost on you. Since I was obviously mocking your comment claiming I'm being paid by Xbox 🤣.

Take off the PSVR2 off your head, it's obviously distorting your reality. 😅
Translation : I have nothing on him

😂😂 just as I knew you didn't. But ok, let's move on and end it here, you've been decimated 😁

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So was Bethesda and Activision Blizzard,

These large scale acquisitions were nothing but bad
Bad for you, maybe. Bethesda was a great purchase. Microsoft would have had nothing for years without them.

edit to clarify: Activision was a colossal waste of money though, assuming the bungle the PC and mobile plans, which certainly looks likely since they decided to abandon what sounds like it could have been a breakout hit in that Blizz survival game.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Every news from PlayStation always a bad news

Why?
It has been like this since Jim Ryan took over. We used to only get awesome news for years, it was mostly good vibes all the time.

PlayStation Experience, E3 presentations being shown on theaters, plenty of upcoming games on the horizon all the time.

A lot less space was left for leaks and FUD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Translation : I have nothing on him

😂😂 just as I knew you didn't. But ok, let's move on and end it here, you've been decimated 😁
It was obviously sarcasm sir... I could literally flip it and ask you to find me shilling for Xbox which would you wouldn't be able to.

Anyways... Right we can end this nonsense here.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Most days it's actually good news for Playstation, disliked by ostensible Playstation fans. This is legitimately bad news.
The "good news" typically revolves around sales numbers. This is the same argument Apple fans fell back on when Steve Jobs died, and people could see that Tim Cook turned it into a different (less good) company. The retort was always "but they are selling so much!"

That just doesn't really mean anything when it comes to quality of the product. Windows dominates the desktop landscape and it's the biggest steaming pile imaginable.

So now we have a large amount of people being laid off, games being cancelled, and already a nearly nonexistent road map for game releases. Seriously, what is coming next from Sony?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was obviously sarcasm sir... I could literally flip it and ask you to find me shilling for Xbox which would you wouldn't be able to.

Anyways... Right we can end this nonsense here.
I easily could, but ok, from now on, I'll let you spread your PSVR2 FUD in peace. I've exposed you enough times now that others now know of your reputation 😎

Now I see why people call me the neighborhood hero of IconEra 😏

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I easily could, but ok, from now on, I'll let you spread your PSVR2 FUD in peace. I've exposed you enough times now that others now know of your reputation 😎

Now I see why people call me the neighborhood hero of IconEra 😏
You really couldn't lol... I should call your bluff but I'm not bored.

And that's fine, whatever this exposure is that you speak of. I think it's no secret what my stance has been on PSVR2

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
David jaffe on Xbox / Activision layoffs ...

'I've been editing a video all day. What would you like me to say about the layoffs other than they are- of course- horrible but inevitable in this biz.'

David jaffe on playstation layoffs ...

'To my friends and colleagues at PlayStation: I am waking up to your nightmare and I’m so sorry this is happening to y’all. Wherever you land next will be very lucky to have you.' & also a 'playstation layoffs discussion' on YouTube ... So very bitter

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
2025 and 2026 better be mind blowing from Sony internal studios but at this point I doubt it very much.

If by 2027 all the PS5 has to show for are an underwhelming gen with games releasing on PC they are setting PS6 for failure.

Sony is there releasing games improved with NVidia tech as if NVidia wasn't shitting on consoles trying to convert people to PC when the PS5 was announced.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Bad for you, maybe. Bethesda was a great purchase. Microsoft would have had nothing for years without them.

edit to clarify: Activision was a colossal waste of money though, assuming the bungle the PC and mobile plans, which certainly looks likely since they decided to abandon what sounds like it could have been a breakout hit in that Blizz survival game.

Well, they are going multiplatform so it isn't like it mattered in the end lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
David jaffe on Xbox / Activision layoffs ...

'I've been editing a video all day. What would you like me to say about the layoffs other than they are- of course- horrible but inevitable in this biz.'

David jaffe on playstation layoffs ...

'To my friends and colleagues at PlayStation: I am waking up to your nightmare and I’m so sorry this is happening to y’all. Wherever you land next will be very lucky to have you.' & also a 'playstation layoffs discussion' on YouTube ... So very bitter
You expect jaffe to be consistent and keep the same energy? His whole thing these days is pandering to Xbox fanboys.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The problem is that it's clear that Totoki will be the guy deciding who is going to replace Jim Ryan. Sony leadership is sabotaging PlayStation again with their stupidity and lack of long term vision.

The problem wasn't just Jim Ryan
https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F420bf35a-c943-47d3-9482-21237d1ca634.jpg

Sony was always the biggest weakness of the PlayStation. like a leech trying to suck the blood out of the PlayStation divison.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The problem wasn't just Jim Ryan
https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F420bf35a-c943-47d3-9482-21237d1ca634.jpg

Sony was always the biggest weakness of the PlayStation. like a leech trying to suck the blood out of the PlayStation divison.
That is exactly how I see it.

Outside of PlayStation all their stuff is boring and these guys thread PlayStation as if it was just one of their other arms, when it's obvious PlayStation should be their main focus by a large margin.

PlayStation would be much better of if it was on it's own.