PlayStation is “Reevaluating how we operate” due to recent layoffs. Twisted Metal Canceled due to layoffs! |UP| Guerilla loses 10% of its staff.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Come on guys, it's late and I've been in the office all day. Bring it back! No need to go back and fourth.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Confused Fran Healy GIF by Travis

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not me. I want my single player games to be just that - single player. Not every game needs a co-op or mp component. :)
Not all do the same way not all mp need to be allowed playable solo but here we are. I still remember the mp hate bones ppl had against uncharted and tlou including an mp and I'm glad thy didn't listen to those idiots. Some of the best mp I've ever played and ohhhh Ghost of T coop mp as well Adding an mp takes nothing away from an sp portion being spectacular unless of course those devs don't have the resources than I don't agree.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Not all do the same way not all mp need to be allowed playable solo but here we are. I still remember the mp hate bones ppl had against uncharted and tlou including an mp and I'm glad thy didn't listen to those idiots. Some of the best mp I've ever played and ohhhh Ghost of T coop mp as well Adding an mp takes nothing away from an sp portion being spectacular unless of course those devs don't have the resources than I don't agree.

Fair enough. I don't mind if a single player game as a separate MP mode like Uncharted or TLOU but the difference is that nowadays, if there's multi-player, the publisher wants it to last forever instead of just running it's course like back then and that's it. That's why I don't like the modes being in there because if it hits, I know how the publisher is going to look at it and all they will see is money.

I rather have a pure PvP game like Concord where that's what it is and meant to be as opposed to a single player campaign but the multi-player takes off and that's all the respective development studio does for the next half decade because the publisher sees a potential cash cow.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Not me. I want my single player games to be just that - single player. Not every game needs a co-op or mp component. :)
Strongly disagree.
In fact I feel every game should have some sort of multiplayer component.
This is why I pay for PS+.

Not having it is going backwards.
The modern Doom games for example (although good playing games) are a huge letdown as they don't include coop.
Doom is basically the 1st fps to have coop yet the newer games remove this key feature.

Reactions: peter42O

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Can we go pls.to ps3 era design??

10-15 hours campaign with difficulty levels to clear trophies and mp component. Killzone , uncharted etc.were amazing.

Heck they could always add dlc to buy for those games, new maps, skins, weapons. Not every game needs to be 30hours, semi open world, open world etc.

• fire
Reactions: ksdixon

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Can we go pls.to ps3 era design??

10-15 hours campaign with difficulty levels to clear trophies and mp component. Killzone , uncharted etc.were amazing.

Heck they could always add dlc to buy for those games, new maps, skins, weapons. Not every game needs to be 30hours, semi open world, open world etc.
Can we go pls.to ps3 era design?? can games cost 50$ again?

Reactions: kuzon

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
I really hope I'm wrong but I think I have an idea where this going
These big tech wants to replace humans with ai and robots and they're using the inflation and high cost as excuse the get rid of these workers imo
Sorry if I'm ot 😢

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Not when development costs have ballooned out of control, the market expects high technical capabilities from AAA games.
i think, in one of the thread @Satoru explained pretty well, how this all are off set +- . plus, massive Profit which most of these companies has just shows that they want even bigger profits, that some select could have jachts, planes and unlimited fuck you money.

for example, EA had massive profits years and years, non of it was invested into games, as you can see, most of their games sometimes half baked, look at Battlefield. still, even with such massive surplus, they firing people. like last year was 800, now nearly 700.

plus, did you buy Banisher? Prince of Persia?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
And I'll be evaluating my support of PlayStation.
Same. This past gen has made a strong case for me to not get the next PlayStation console. Most of what I liked in terms of first and second party came to PC soon enough. This was my first gen not owning a Xbox console, next gen may see me only owning the upcoming Nintendo console and doing the rest of my gaming on PC.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
i think, in one of the thread @Satoru explained pretty well, how this all are off set +- . plus, massive Profit which most of these companies has just shows that they want even bigger profits, that some select could have jachts, planes and unlimited fuck you money.
I think you mean this:

EA for example, their gross margins have increased and their profit margins have stayed roughly the same percentually (minus during the covid boom).

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lead Josh Hamrick is the guy from bungie that worked on weapons sandbox. You keep making this into something it’s not. He worked on Skyrim, Fallout 4, Reach, and both Destiny games.

He even has his resume in his X banner lol

IMG-0084.jpg
You can go to this page and click on ever 156 workers they have listed in LinkedIn and doble check where their Heads, Directors, Producters, Managers, Leads, Principals and maybe even Seniors did work (companies or games) previously.

Over time I did it I think 3 times, the last one around a month or two ago and posted a long recap here at Iconera. You'll see they're mostly from top shooters (mostly from Bungie and different CoD/ABK teams) plus other top AAA studios.

Last edited: