PlayStation is “Reevaluating how we operate” due to recent layoffs. Twisted Metal Canceled due to layoffs! |UP| Guerilla loses 10% of its staff.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'll never understand why Sony gave these Guerrilla Games employees like Hermen Hulst and Angie Smets top positions in the company as a whole, Guerrilla is not even in the top 3 best PlayStation Studios, Horizon is nowhere near in the level of God Of War and Spiderman (and i love Horizon)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'm desperate to get url links auto-inserted underneath media embeds (twitter/youtube). Lol this shows as a fully grey post for me
you cant see it at all? are you on pc or mobile?

image.png

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
i'll never understand why Sony gave these Guerrilla Games employees like Hermen Hulst and Angie Smets top positions in the company as a whole, Guerrilla is not even in the top 3 best PlayStation Studios, Horizon is nowhere near in the level of God Of War and Spiderman (and i love Horizon)
Prior to Insomniac joining, Guerilla was top 3. Horizon and SM are around the same level, imo. Both have similar Meta averages, both get nominated for GOTY, but don’t actually win the awards and get overshadowed by other games. Also Guerilla made a new IP into a 20M+ seller. Insomniac used an established license. What big hit did Insomniac make before SM?

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Reforge says that half the live service games are cancelled because Playstation is "reconsidering" the live service strategy. But Totoki says nothing has changed on that front and the plan is to continue pushing live service games. And he's the one claiming to tighten up fiscally.

Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
you cant see it at all? are you on pc or mobile?

image.png
Screenshot_20240228-154530.png

Nope. It's cause I use an old apk for Android of Firefox 68 (before addon apocalypse/mobile FF recode).

I don't mind clicking a link to see the media, if the forum coding can be added to the header/footer to just attach it on the end/underneath live embed elements, they seem to work less and less for me in terms of loading the live embed itself lol

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
View attachment 4384

Nope. It's cause I use an old apk for Android of Firefox 68 (before addon apocalypse/mobile FF recode).

I don't mind clicking a link to see the media, if the forum coding can be added to the header/footer to just attach it on the end/underneath live embed elements, they seem to work less and less for me in terms of loading the live embed itself lol
oh thats whack! there should definitely at least be a clickable link.

24 Jun 2022
Nintendo tried it

Cardboard box.

Valve tried it

Super-expensive headset. Cool game, though (HL: Alyx).

Meta tried it

Little if any genuine 1P games.

Sony tried it

Very expensive headset.

Microsoft even tried it

Barely tried, half-hearted at best. No 1P games.

Google tried it

More AR than VR,. No 1P games.

Samsung tried it

Expensive headset. No 1P games.

Now Apple is trying it

Ludicrously expensive. No 1P games.

Nobody has succeeded with VR, not even after Meta invested like 60 billion.

Stop the Cap

If you look above, you'll see exactly why none of them really succeeded and got it to become a mainstream standard.

It's not because people aren't interested in VR gaming. But they have no need if there isn't any big VR gaming content (something the platform holder/manufacturer should be pushing) and/or the headset's incredibly expensive.

Resolve those two problems and the market would grow by magnitudes.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
"Sony didn't support it one jot", yeah having 6 exclusive GOTY contenders in its first year alone isn't support? 🤦‍♂️
Name them.
And no, they didn't support it. Not adding VR2 mode to destiny 2 is the definition of not supporting.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Cool story, bro.

So those six exclusives...
No need for me to list them because you're already well aware, you just want to spread FUD. Just like the other anti VR FUD spreader @Danja1187 , I speak truth and you guys will ignore it and continue your FUD campaign.